Stealth Detecion

tspev

Why is Stealth not bolstered with other stats for the sub 50 war zones. CLearly it should be brough tup with other stats because it is giving higher level players an even bigger advantage in warzones. I had originally though *** was but started wondering why people could see me at 30 yards plus while i was stealthed. I then relized the stealth is not being brough tup to level like other stats are.

Why is Stealth not bolstered with other stats for the sub 50 war zones. CLearly it should be brough tup with other stats because it is giving higher level players an even bigger advantage in warzones. I had originally though *** was but started wondering why people could see me at 30 yards plus while i was stealthed. I then relized the stealth is not being brough tup to level like other stats are.

I agree with this completely.

Even in the level 50 bracket my Operative seems to be very easily detected, way out beyond the 20 meter mark too.

It's because stealth detection is level-based, not stat-based. The sub 50 warzone only puts a buff on the character to boost stats, not the character level.

There are separate stats for stealth and stealth detection. They are hidden, but they are there and the evidence for this are the stealth/detection talents and abilities that boost such stats.

It is possible to average out stealth and detection.

Yea I'm not sure about that.. I leveled both of my guys primarily through PvP and my first guy was well before the level 50 bracket so was facing level 50s in my 20s+ and really never had much problem with stealth detection.

Yeah, something about Stealth Detection is seriously off.

It feels completely random.

There are times where I can set up an opener without anyone noticing and other times someone will shoot me out of Stealth from 20 yards away, while I'm using "Sneak". It just doesn't make sense whatsoever.

There are separate stats for stealth and stealth detection. They are hidden, but they are there and the evidence for this are the stealth/detection talents and abilities that boost such stats.

It is possible to average out stealth and detection.

Again, it's level-based, not stat based, hidden or not.

Just look at someone who's stealthed you're not grouped with, much lower level than you. Delete all your talents that boost detection. Heck, go to a planet much lower level than you and see mobs that stealth. You see them a mile away. It's all level based. The talents just boost your "level" in relation to your stealth level. That's it.

Every MMO does it this way because it's ridiculously easy to do it this way.

Edit: And I really hate it when people start throwing around rumors of "hidden stats". It's so silly. Like hidden "luck" stats. LOL

Edited by Nangasaur

Yeah, something about Stealth Detection is seriously off.

It feels completely random.

There are times where I can set up an opener without anyone noticing and other times someone will shoot me out of Stealth from 20 yards away, while I'm using "Sneak". It just doesn't make sense whatsoever.

That's because the "bubble" of detection is quite small, but once you are detected, it takes getting a lot farther away to be invisible to them again. Also, due to client-side (and server-side) prediction - the crap designers have to code in so people with crappy connections can still compete with folks playing from a OC3 directly to the server - you may think you're farther away from them than you really are, but the benefit of the doubt provided by the prediction gives the person chasing you a little big of wiggle room in keeping you visible to them.

Go test it with a buddy you are not grouped with. Stealth around. See how close you have to get to them to see them. Then move away. It'll be quite a bit further before you stop seeing them again. Then test it some more while moving. It'll seem like you can see them really far away.

Edited by Nangasaur

and for warzones they should be set to lvl 49 like stats. With it the way it currently is, Low level players have a great disadvantage at getting an opener off on someone. It took me a while ot figure it out why I was gettign seen at such a great distance and I feel for War ZOnes since hp and other stats are balanced out so should stealth, I do understand some classes can take points to increase detection but operative can also take talents to increase thier effective stealth level and even with 3 points in it people a few levels above me are able to see me at 20+ yards which shoudl not be the case.

9 times out of 10 stealthing in combat just ensures I die quicker.

Lol. I'd say more then 9 out of 10 times if I stealth in combat I escape to fight another day.

I have no idea how you guys above me have such issues with steath. No one ever finds me unless I happen to run infront of them. If I'm using my stealth boost detection I can literally stand infront of enemy stealthers and they don't see me. Or at least, they sure act like they can't.

Again, it's level-based, not stat based, hidden or not.

no.... and yes. it is like armor rating. it is stat based but how much the effect is depends on your and your opponents level. your armor absorbs more from lower level opponents damage then from higher ones.

the buff in warzone should increase the stealth stats to the level of a 49, same for the detection. hence it should not play any role what level you actually have. and in my experience it doesn't.

but what makes a difference is if i face them or not! due to lags and delay of server communications it sometimes happen that i see someone because of him being in front of me, while the opponents sees himself still behind me.

stealth [stelth] noun

a U.S. Air force project involving a range of technologies, with the purpose of developing aircraft that are difficult to detect by sight, sound, radar, and infrared energy.

The keyword here being "difficult"...not "impossible". You are not invisible. We see you.

Its broken like most of the game.

Bet its another easily usable cheat.

Google swtor hacks cheats and honestly tell me this games pvp is ready for prime time.

Its not.

could be a hack because one of them claims to detect what mob is around you. And given the amount of hacks in this game, it will come as no surprise.