Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP in Update 1.2: The Failure of Ranked WZs

lollermittens

This is a thread for trolls. The only thing I saw worth mentioning is the deserter time out does need to be longer than 5 minutes.

I agree with this.

also, on my server, there are rarely problems getting 8 man teams. Maybe at 2 am in the morning when most people are asleep, that is the case, but rarely. the main problem, which should be addressed with a much stronger penalty is ppl leaving if the team is losing, because they are under the influence that winning is all that matters, who cares how the game is played. You are ruining it for the ppl still there, just because you don't want to lose because you are a perfectionist

we're doomed i tell you

this made me smile :)

Not to mention a lot of people wanted to make their class a different race but now they expect you to relevel because race changing is just so *********** insane and will ruin the game.:rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to leveling my miraluka warrior, my only problem is that I have to level a consular first (I already have a human knight, so...), maybe I'll lvl another knight for the sake of it.

I always feel sorry for those who got stuck on now-dwindling servers due to sheer dumb luck. My sheer dumb luck landed me on a pretty active server w/ a great faction balance, where Republic actually stomps Imperials quite often. Heh, I play Empire.

You should check out Ajunta Pall if you find yourself getting antsy. I can't recommend it enough. : )

my server is empire heavy, but the reps that are there aren't few and those that are are usually very good at PvP, I dare say better than us over all.

Edited by Fallerup

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My server is the second most populated in Europe and we struggle to ha ve any WZ start in peak hours. My friends on some less populated servers say it NEVER start.

It's not that Ranked Warzones are a joke. PvP is just not happening at the moment. With the official murder of Ilum and open PvP (removing the need to go there altogether) there is only Warzones, and not enough people is around to make them start.

I know of so many players that just canceled becuase their nights are spent waiting for a WZ starting. This is Bioware's fault for not rushing crossserver queues or server merges. And definitely for killing open pvp. Me and my friends spend EVERY SINGLE NIGHT on Ilum, because we don't do PvP for gears, we do it for fun. And every single night, on the second most populated server (Niman, PvP), there is NO ONE except us. Enough said.

This game needs crossserver queues, server mergers, and open pvp. But I think it's probably too late, how many pvpers will wait 3 or 4 months for a 1.3 patch?

My server is the second most populated in Europe and we struggle to ha ve any WZ start in peak hours. My friends on some less populated servers say it NEVER start.

It's not that Ranked Warzones are a joke. PvP is just not happening at the moment. With the official murder of Ilum and open PvP (removing the need to go there altogether) there is only Warzones, and not enough people is around to make them start.

I know of so many players that just canceled becuase their nights are spent waiting for a WZ starting. This is Bioware's fault for not rushing crossserver queues or server merges. And definitely for killing open pvp. Me and my friends spend EVERY SINGLE NIGHT on Ilum, because we don't do PvP for gears, we do it for fun. And every single night, on the second most populated server (Niman, PvP), there is NO ONE except us. Enough said.

This game needs crossserver queues, server mergers, and open pvp. But I think it's probably too late, how many pvpers will wait 3 or 4 months for a 1.3 patch?

Niman is Dead in peak time there are between 10 to 18 players on fleet, WZ time its around 20 to 30 minutes and then u get in to a bad team with 6 or 7 players.

So for me there are only 13 more days of sub and shortly ill be one less problem to Bioware.

Regards,

Szadek

i was also concern about how pvp is going to develop.

here are some answers

my advice is be more positive and have patience

EDIT: if you watch the full you will see that pvp is going to be promising in the near future

Edited by kantnerfme

How about the new PVP gear... i mean how can War Hero gear have the same stats as War Hero Rated gear.. just more prestigious look. And on top of that it seems u can get random gear with augments better for PVP than the War Hero Rated gear.

Wouldn't it be logical to just introduce augment slot to War Hero Rated gear?

Hope bioware will consider this... seems, I don't know.. common sense.

This x 1000! I doubt there are even 8 Pubs on my server to even queue with for ranked. Most normal games we're forced to play 5v8, 6v8, or 7v8.

then make a new toon on a populated server, xfers will happen one day.

This x 1000! I doubt there are even 8 Pubs on my server to even queue with for ranked. Most normal games we're forced to play 5v8, 6v8, or 7v8.

we're is youse learned to talk english? maybe their is an dictionary ins your're house?

You know it's not like cross server queues is an option they just haven't checked in their dev options menu. Same goes for mergers and transfers.

SWTOR was never touted as being a PvP focused game and I'm glad. You don't get a $200 million budget by catering to a niche audience. If you want a good open world experience why not go play WAR, DAoC, or UO? They're still taking subs I hear...

Rated WZs are a joke anyways. Most servers are dead. PVP on each server will remain exactly the same as it is now. Does your guild have 8 competent players left in it? Most likely not, folks.

Server merges need to happen now if you plan on saving this game.

Bumped 4 troof.

I'm looking forward to leveling my miraluka warrior, my only problem is that I have to level a consular first (I already have a human knight, so...), maybe I'll lvl another knight for the sake of it.

I believe they said that if your Legacy level is high enough, you can purchase certain unlocks for credits.

I think the race selections were one of the unlocks you could buy. I was thinking of making the same thing. >:c

If the penalty for leaving was any longer than 5 mins, it may inconvenience the person leaving . That person will not be allowed to play the way they want to. They give 15$ a month just like the people who WANT to stay.

BioWare EA and Lucus want you to have fun and penalties aren't fun :mad:!

Edited by BCBull

Well, I agree that the whole idea does suck. At least they give you a warning before you enter the warzone though so you can choose not to enter if you want.

70%+ of Warzones started this way will end within 120 seconds Inflating the ratings of premade 8 man teams exponentially.

Major increase to the Groups, major downfall to the solo's. And with server populations prior to season 1 you will see -3000 ranked teams pitted against +3000 ranked pre-made teams. :)

No amount of testing on the test server can prove this as the test server isnt an accurate reflection of the live servers based on population and specific PVP/RP-PVP/RP-PVE and PVE servers (mentality difference of players)

Its like testing a new drug on rabbits and then declaring it works on Humans when rabbits fail to give a negative response.

Wonder if when cross server pvp comes theyre gonna allow cross server RP-PVE go against PVP servers hahahaha hahaha hahahaha

If the penalty for leaving was any longer than 5 mins, it may inconvenience the person leaving . That person will not be allowed to play the way they want to. They give 15$ a month just like the people who WANT to stay.

BioWare EA and Lucus want you to have fun and penalties aren't fun :mad:!

No, those guys pay their $15 a month to be ***** to a greater number of people paying a greater sum of money.

You pay to have your kid in little league too, but they will still kick him off the team if he continues to walk out of games that are in session.

No, those guys pay their $15 a month to be ***** to a greater number of people paying a greater sum of money.

You pay to have your kid in little league too, but they will still kick him off the team if he continues to walk out of games that are in session.

Due to my lack of reason to log in, I have become pretty good at this :cool:

Anywho its pretty clear this is preseason. I doubt anyone will take ranking seriously at this stage, its basically just a live stress test. You can't have legitimate rankings on servers with 1 or 2 teams who can even field an 8 man group not to mention putting PUGs in the queue. Imagine an 8 man team with healers and such slaughtering puggers who were trying to play unranked in their freshly bought blue PvP set.

Mergers = Bad PR

Why is this simple truth so difficult to grasp? You will get paid transfers. Mergers are for dying games.

Hmmm, lets sort this out.

Bad PR

or

Lose more playerss

If pushing back bad PR is more important to BW than their polayerbase being able to play then I think the playerbase should help motivate BW by using their wallets as leverage.

Hmmm, lets sort this out.

Bad PR

or

Lose more playerss

If pushing back bad PR is more important to BW than their polayerbase being able to play then I think the playerbase should help motivate BW by using their wallets as leverage.

I'm not really sure what the difference is between merging and allowing transfers, at least when considering the end result: playing on a more active server.

PR aside, they both accomplish the same goal, no?

Why the hell do people insist on rambling "OMG sheet sux" instead of doing some actual research into what they're blabbing about. Throughout my life I witnessed what seems to be a steady decline in the overall intelligence of Western society and you sir, you back up my claims that we're all getting dumber by the second.

Read the damn patch notes you troll, the penalty is 15 minutes, not 5... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=385795 Don't back-pedal either, those notes were posted before you made the original post, so you have no excuse for your own lack of knowledge other than sheer laziness.

Now as for the point you bring up about the mixed grouping. I can understand how the occasional game that you get matched with a premade and your pug dreams get crushed is enough to make you scared of what's to come. Put aside your fear for just a moment and seriously think about how the premades will feel when they have to wait it out for 15-20 minutes in queue, hoping to get competition, just to come up against a bunch of scrubs that don't even fight.

Yeah we'll get rating for it, but we want competition, not the piddly little rating change you're going to give us when you leave because you refuse to compete. Currently the pvp matching system already tries to match 4-man vs 4-man and guess what? When there's only one 4-man group running, we already have to wait 15-20 minutes to get into a match because the devs know damn well that we don't want to fight a bunch of training dummies.

Yes, the pre-season is meant to work out the kinks and don't get me wrong, the system is not perfect... but to come into the forums acting like you have any idea what you're talking about, spouting off like you've got the answers... it's uncalled for.

You should simply delete this thread because it's not based on fact, just more whining from players that can't/won't try to compete.

lol..........

lol..........

Eh, I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Does anyone seriously think that a system matching random PuGs against Rated Premades (not just normal premades, but actual PvP teams) is going to be an enjoyable experience for ANYONE involved?

No, of course not.

Most rated teams, like the guy you quoted, are excited about fighting other good PvPers, not random PuGs.

Random PuGs want to fight other random PuGs, not high-end "professional" premades.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.