LOL TM spammers...

Nangasaur

Roll a merc gents and try to spam only tracer missile you will see how sucky it is on it's own.

TM, Railshot, unload, HM - our main dps abilities if we are not disturbed

Death from above, explosive dart, 2 cc's, jet boost, rocket punch(could count as a CC if you talent speced it), stealth scan, energry shield, heals - nearly all secondary abilities I use in every warzone as a arsenal merc

4 abilites? Bull*****. We use as much(good BHs) as any other class. Just because you see big as.s missiles fire at you it doesn't mean we spam it all the time. Good thing it's going to be replaced with fusion missile animation... maybe the TM spam QQing will disappear.

This. OP obviously was recently facerolled by a Merc and is trying to make themselves feel better about it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. TM spammers run when interrupted...like chickens with their heads cut off...waiting for the 4-second lockout to expire.

:D I like it better when the new guys just stand there for 2-3 seconds and do nothing, until they figure out that Hammer/Rapid Shot still works.

You mean when you interrupt tracer missile, they panic and use Death from Above

Generally , no. They panic and run around like a chicken with its head cut off, or try to waste my second interrupt on their heals.

I don't know why anyone would complain about tracer/gravity spammers... They are by far the easiest opponent to beat in PvP.

Edited by Nessirin

Sages. And he was complaining about shadows/assassins. Read the entire context, and you would see that.

And again, however, spamming TT is really, really, really bad. You want procs from other abilities before even considering casting it once.

Edit: And repost it however many times you like. It won't change the context.

You're 100% wrong. He was talking about Telekinetic Throw spammers, which are only Sages.

You have to spam TT if you use the Hybrid Telekinetics/Balance (the best specs are these ones) to GET your procs. You need a Presence of Mind proc from TT to get the benefits of damage.

Please learn your mechanics

I sometimes use my hands to catch the TM in mid air and throw it back at them.

Sometimes when I shoot a TM I hope someone will knock it back so we can play a game of TM hot potato/volleyball.

i use to lol at TM spammers. That was until i respecced my healer trooper to gunner. The abilitys we have are messed up and Grav becomes your main option. FA is a channel ability if you are hit just once you only get 2 shots out of it for the same ammo usage as grav round but less damage. Charged shot has about the same casting time as grav round but again less damage same ammo usage.

I found myself grav 3 times sticky hib and cryo the casters AND if i am not being hit i will use FA. if someone gets close you got stock strike. They need to work on gunner spec and its mirror to give them more options. right now they got really none. At least the Imps can use Death from above. Republic gunners can't use volley because its messed up big time. Your channeling is over halfway through even before the first mortor fires which leaves the big red mark on the ground for over a second before any damage happens. giving everyone enough time to move, making it worthless to use.

I have seen the LOL TM SPAMMER threads getting less and less. Most likely because people rolled a trooper/BH and found out that wow their really isn't much of a option is there. I ended up making a Vanguard because of the lack of options in Commando.

That is telekinetic throw. But you can't spam it. It's 6-second cooldown, and you cast it after you have 3 prior procs of project...and depending on if they specc'd 50% or 100%, it could be many more projects or slow time after that before throwing rocks. But no shadow/sin "spams" telekinetic throw. LOL.

Now Sages, on the other hand, might spam disturbance. It's their go-to-all-the-time ability...like sorcs and lightning.

Wow. You are so clueless.. 99% of Sages/Sorcs are the Hybrid spec and they use the 0 Cooldown talent for TT/FL and you think it's DIsturbance... lol. Also just like any other DPS rotation, Mercs use Railshot,Unload,Heatseekers and Tracer Missile. If you don't know this and are thinking that they're noobs/idiots because they use those abilities then you need to learn rotations and priority abilities before posting such an idiotic post.

And it was very obvious he was referring to Sages/Sorcs becauase they are the ones that can spam TT/FL. But then again you wouldn't know because you haven't learned anything, just get stomped by Mercs and then come QQing at the forums.

Edited by StormDragonlord

It generally grinds my gears when I get tracer missile spammed to death while I'm attacking a healer or someone else worth interrupting, but I will admit that the Arsenal/Gunnery rotation is optimized by the 3 other skills everyone has mentioned. Do I like the idea of someone literally only using 4 skills for maximum damage? No, but I certainly don't blame them for it. It's not their fault that Bioware designed the class that way, just like Operatives/Scoundrels get constantly screwed at every major update.

If it's fun to the person playing the merc/commando, then I'm certainly not going to tell them they shouldn't play that way. The only thing I request is that Bioware not give them anymore knockbacks.

Edited by Quesadilla

I'd be impressed by the "explanations" and defensive posts of TM spammers, if they only had 3 abilities to spam. You do know you have a lot more than that, right?

It always makes me laugh when someone cries about TM spamming. Honestly, why does anyone care what dps rotation their opponent uses? LOL Really, if someone is such a noob for using it then it should be easy to interrupt and kill them, which should make people happy they are a TM spammer. The real problem is the terrible players who complain about it because they aren't good enough to overcome it.

Tracer spam is like a combo building skill. Pretty much every melee class has a "combo building skill" that they use more than twice in a row at times. That's why I dont get the QQ lol. Is it because it hits way harder that people QQ about it? Well...Everyone elses combo building skills are instant cast and they can activate 3 of them in the time we can do 1 tracer missile...That's all it is really, people are just mad that our only combo building skill has a casting time yet does the damage of 3 of any other classes instant cast combo building skill.

The most ironic thing in the world is when a healer calls a merc out for tracer spam WHILE SPAMMING 2 HEALS OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

gravity round, charged bolts, explosive round, demo round, high impact bolt, full auto, sticky grenade, plasma grenade, mortar volley, stockstrike and of course hammer shot are all of the abilities i use for damage.

if you are using more than 2 or 3 (depending on target) gravity rounds you are playing wrong.

now, we do run with an assist train so using more than one gravity round and your damage will start to drop drastically.

LoL You know, as a BH Arsenal I have to chuckle every time I read these. I never post, but, just for kicks...

Any time anyone wants to petition BW to remove the largest DPS ability that provides their class with its main proc buff, let me know. I'll be happy to sign on and support such a ridiculous thing. And when they do that to all classes, I'll author the one to do the same to BH.

Until then, I'm going to spam it just like the devs designed it to be spammed. Annoying people who can't understand that we have no choice has just become my endgame. :eek:

Understand... I hate TM. I didn't go Arsenal and gimp myself to wield two blasters so that the only time they fire anything more than spitwads is after firing 3 rockets out my backpack.

And I seriously doubt my team will understand that we can't defend that objective because I have taken the Vow of No Tracer. Yea..they'll be real happy to know that I have gimped my rotation's DPS by 60% for a good cause, you know, coz in the next wz, we'll be on opposite teams and then they get the benefit.

Makes losing smell like...victory.

Please don't call youselves "veteran" or "good player" etc if you don't even notice/ignore these TM Spammers. DPSing is their job, and they drop fast. When you see someone exploding like ****, or see someone floating in the air, or you see someone like sitting on a toilet bowl casting something, you know you should take him down quick.

You peeps complaining almost everything should take off your BM/WH titles or just go PVE.

Someone got called out for TM spamming, and he replies: You didn't see heatseeker rail shot and unload

...rofl, the 3 abilities they are notorious for spamming when their TM gets interrupted.

Spamming? Go check their cooldowns before spewing more drivel and making yourself look more of an ignorant.

I am so sick of hearing people complain about "tracer missile spam."

Go play a BH Mercenary, Arsenal class.

Go on, I'll be here waiting for you.

Their entire top-level skill tree revolves around the tracer missile. It stacks armor debuff 5x, and then other abilities come into play to capitalize on that.

Now, read this next part carefully:

That's how it's designed to be.

I can't say I necessarily like needing to spam one ability 3-4 times before moving on to other moves, but that's what's most effective. That's why Mercs do it. To quote Eminem, "Hey, there's a concept that works!!"

Now I hear TM is going to get a longer channel time in 1.2, which makes me sad. Because it isn't going to decrease its use. It will still be needed. All it's going to do is make the BH merc "squishy" class even more.... squishy. Like Jell-O squishy.

So I'm sure you'll all get your revenge on us then, while we run around like chickens with our heads cut off because our class' DPS was just circumcised.

While we're on this topic, let me ask you: If I killed you with DPS spread evenly over 4-5 different abilities, would you be satisfied then? Or would threads then be full of QQ about how "OP" the Merc class is?

Food for thought.

I am so sick of hearing people complain about "tracer missile spam."

Go play a BH Mercenary, Arsenal class.

Go on, I'll be here waiting for you.

Their entire top-level skill tree revolves around the tracer missile. It stacks armor debuff 5x, and then other abilities come into play to capitalize on that.

Now, read this next part carefully:

That's how it's designed to be.

I can't say I necessarily like needing to spam one ability 3-4 times before moving on to other moves, but that's what's most effective. That's why Mercs do it. To quote Eminem, "Hey, there's a concept that works!!"

Now I hear TM is going to get a longer channel time in 1.2, which makes me sad. Because it isn't going to decrease its use. It will still be needed. All it's going to do is make the BH merc "squishy" class even more.... squishy. Like Jell-O squishy.

So I'm sure you'll all get your revenge on us then, while we run around like chickens with our heads cut off because our class' DPS was just circumcised.

While we're on this topic, let me ask you: If I killed you with DPS spread evenly over 4-5 different abilities, would you be satisfied then? Or would threads then be full of QQ about how "OP" the Merc class is?

Food for thought.

It's still 1.5 unless you don't take the skill....the ammo one now takes .5 of the cast...dumb but whatever.

The current patch notes for 1.2 state the following:

- Tracer Missile has been rebalanced in order to encourage more active gameplay rotations. It now generates 16 Heat, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

and if that wasn't a kick to the balls, there's also:

- Power Shot has been rebalanced. It now generates 16 Heat, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

So BioWare has decided to bow to the crying in the game, and Mercs get further nerfed.

Wipe those tears, you won.

This is genuine truth.

Yet these fools who create 100+ page threads begging for shadow/sin nerfs don't understand that the level of mastery behind someone playing a class that requires that many abilities is what sets the class apart and seemingly appears overpowered. When someone masters that many abilities, of course they're going to decimate 3 and 5 button spammers most of the time. And of course they're going to draw attention from the easy-moders asking for nerfs to keep their 3 and 5 buttons more viable. If they could only play with their mouse and never use their keyboard (some already appear to do so), they would.

so you complain about a class thats set up for a specific starting rotation and then a priority system when you play a class that gets a get out of combat free ability? easy mode much?

TM Spam is necessary. It's the devs fault. They made it so the viable DPS spec focuses on 1 skill. Just interrupt it and they die. However, if they take a strategic spot and sit back and free cast, they're lethal. IMO that kind of balances it out, you just have to think about positioning.

Love these threads. I'd love to sit here and type out every ability we have and the pro's and cons (DMG vs Heat, what has a CD...what doesn't, etc etc etc) but then I'd just be wasting my time on another uninformed troll post. :)

I'd be impressed by the "explanations" and defensive posts of TM spammers, if they only had 3 abilities to spam. You do know you have a lot more than that, right?

ok. Is playing a tracer Missle spec Lame? yes, do we love killing them and ripping on them? yes

But you sir/maam are just ignorant

Ofcourse they only use 3-4 abilities in PvP. their entire spec is based on them and it provides the best results.