LOL TM spammers...

Nangasaur

I'd be impressed by the "explanations" and defensive posts of TM spammers, if they only had 3 abilities to spam. You do know you have a lot more than that, right?

What class do you play exactly? Do you run around just spamming your auto-attack ability for the fun of it? Who cares if it would be a lot more useful to save it for a better time, or if the resource cost makes it too expensive to use, let's just use whatever gets put in our ability tab. If it's there, everyone should use it all the time, right?

If that's really how you play, I can understand exactly why you have a problem w/ Arsenal Mercs. The rest of us think they're fine, if not a little sad in 1v1.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame BioWare for this, not the players. They're just playing the hand they've been dealt.

TM/Grav Round spammers are no different than any other class who has a damage rotation, just that those classes are tied down to 1 spammable ability to maximize their potential. I see a lot of Telekinetic Throw spammers as well...and they have far more tools at their disposal.

Edited by TheronFett

Blame BioWare for this, not the players. They're just playing the hand they've been dealt.

TM/Grav Round spammers are no different than any other class who has a damage rotation, just that those classes are tied down to 1 spammable ability to maximize their potential. I see a lot of Telekinetic Throw spammers as well...and they have far more tools at their disposal.

Who the heck would spam a non-spammable ability?

You're silly.

Do you mean disturbance spammers?

Edited by Nangasaur

Who the heck would spam a non-spammable ability?

You're silly.

Do you mean disturbance spammers?

Telekinetic Balance

This talent in the Balance tree reduces Telekinetic Throw CD to zero. 99% of Sages/Sorcerers have this variant of the talent, which is why they can spam Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw.

Do you PvP at all?

Calling a Merc out on tracer spam is like calling a healer out on spamming heals. Just make you look stupid.

People treat Mercs and Troopers like they designed the class and are idiots for playing it. Nobody is doing anything wrong by tracer spamming assuming they are keeping unload, rail shot and heatseekers on cooldown. Unfortunately people NEVER see a rail shot or heatseeker casted because it's instant cast.

Should Merc and Troopers reroll their class because their mechanics are significantly easier than other classes? I dont understand what people crying about it want. Do they want us to admit our rotation is easy in comparison to some other classes?

Honestly though, most of the time the people that cry about tracer spam are healers spamming their 2 heals over and over and over. Healers need to learn to play and quite spamming 2 skills. honestly....

Whatever the heck that rock throwing crap is called. It's their go-to ability. Interrupt it and they run away and use it again.

You do realize that everything that they have for real damage is tied to getting a proc by using that ability, yes? Everything else that they can use does less damage or has a cooldown.

Oh, you must not, and just get mad that they're playing the class the way it was designed to be played.

You do realize that everything that they have for real damage is tied to getting a proc by using that ability, yes? Everything else that they can use does less damage or has a cooldown.

Oh, you must not, and just get mad that they're playing the class the way it was designed to be played.

Yes, I realize that...which is what I indicated in my first post in this topic: Don't hate the player for playing the hand they've been dealt. I was merely pointing out that TM/GR spammers are no different than other classes, it just seems that TM/GR gets all the hate.

Thanks for the troll attempt, though. Better luck next time.

Edited by TheronFett

Yes, I realize that...which is what I indicated in my first post in this topic: Don't hate the player for playing the hand they've been dealt. I was merely pointing out that TM/GR spammers are no different than other classes, it just seems that TM/GR gets all the hate.

I think I totally misread what you meant, actually. Sorry about that.

Edited by Varicite

Whatever the heck that rock throwing crap is called. It's their go-to ability. Interrupt it and they run away and use it again.
That is telekinetic throw. But you can't spam it. It's 6-second cooldown, and you cast it after you have 3 prior procs of project...and depending on if they specc'd 50% or 100%, it could be many more projects or slow time after that before throwing rocks. But no shadow/sin "spams" telekinetic throw. LOL.

Now Sages, on the other hand, might spam disturbance. It's their go-to-all-the-time ability...like sorcs and lightning.

Edited by Nangasaur

It's true. All the hate goes to mercs and troopers even though pretty much every class has skills they spam.

In all honesty, Merc's have one of the top PVP burst rotations in the game which involves 5 skills. Any merc that does not use this rotation is bad.

Explosive Dart > Tracer Missile > Heatseeker Missile > Rail Shot > Unload

Any squishy class will be dead after that rotation. And guess what! It's not tracer spam!!! Unfortunately, after that rotation everything is on cooldown and tracer spamming is the only viable option until cooldowns are up unless you want to gimp your damage in favor of making the cry babies happy.

That is telekinetic throw. But you can't spam it. It's 6-second cooldown, and you cast it after you have 3 prior procs of project...and depending on if they specc'd 50% or 100%, it could be many more projects or slow time after that before throwing rocks. But no shadow/sin "spams" telekinetic throw. LOL.

Now Sages, on the other hand, might spam disturbance. It's their go-to-all-the-time ability...like sorcs and lightning.

Kind of like Tracer Missile for Mercs? lol....

It's true. All the hate goes to mercs and troopers even though pretty much every class has skills they spam.

In all honesty, Merc's have one of the top PVP burst rotations in the game which involves 5 skills. Any merc that does not use this rotation is bad.

Explosive Dart > Tracer Missile > Heatseeker Missile > Rail Shot > Unload

Any squishy class will be dead after that rotation. And guess what! It's not tracer spam!!! Unfortunately, after that rotation everything is on cooldown and tracer spamming is the only viable option until cooldowns are up unless you want to gimp your damage in favor of making the cry babies happy.

It would be great if they were brought in line to require more than that to be viable...like the hardest-to-master classes.

But it won't happen, because BW has to leave extremely easy classes with short learning curves in the game so those who breathe through their mouth can have something to play.

As an assassin I will use 25-26 abilities in every war zone.

3 button rotation with just a few more based on conditions sounds pretty easy, but I wont say you have any thing better to do.

This is genuine truth.

Yet these fools who create 100+ page threads begging for shadow/sin nerfs don't understand that the level of mastery behind someone playing a class that requires that many abilities is what sets the class apart and seemingly appears overpowered. When someone masters that many abilities, of course they're going to decimate 3 and 5 button spammers most of the time. And of course they're going to draw attention from the easy-moders asking for nerfs to keep their 3 and 5 buttons more viable. If they could only play with their mouse and never use their keyboard (some already appear to do so), they would.

If a TM spammer shouldnt you get out of his LoS ? Gunnery and Arsenal are both stacionary DPS Trees. We dont have incredible movility like marauders or assassins, we only have 1 knockback (2 if specced), once you LoS us GG. Even, try interrupting sometime.

If a TM spammer shouldnt you get out of his LoS ? Gunnery and Arsenal are both stacionary DPS Trees. We dont have incredible movility like marauders or assassins, we only have 1 knockback (2 if specced), once you LoS us GG. Even, try interrupting sometime.

LOL. TM spammers run when interrupted...like chickens with their heads cut off...waiting for the 4-second lockout to expire.

That is telekinetic throw. But you can't spam it. It's 6-second cooldown

Telekinetic Balance

This talent in the Balance tree reduces Telekinetic Throw CD to zero. 99% of Sages/Sorcerers have this variant of the talent, which is why they can spam Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw.

Do you PvP at all?

I'm reposting this response because you can't seem to read. Telekinetic throw can be spammed by Sages.

Edited by jitsuo

I'm reposting this response because you can't seem to read. Telekinetic throw can be spammed by Sages.

Sages. And he was complaining about shadows/assassins. Read the entire context, and you would see that.

And again, however, spamming TT is really, really, really bad. You want procs from other abilities before even considering casting it once.

Edit: And repost it however many times you like. It won't change the context.

Edited by Nangasaur

Roll a merc gents and try to spam only tracer missile you will see how sucky it is on it's own.

TM, Railshot, unload, HM - our main dps abilities if we are not disturbed

Death from above, explosive dart, 2 cc's, jet boost, rocket punch(could count as a CC if you talent speced it), stealth scan, energry shield, heals - nearly all secondary abilities I use in every warzone as a arsenal merc

4 abilites? Bull*****. We use as much(good BHs) as any other class. Just because you see big as.s missiles fire at you it doesn't mean we spam it all the time. Good thing it's going to be replaced with fusion missile animation... maybe the TM spam QQing will disappear.

Edited by MelodicSixNine