Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Anyone Else NOT Care About Legacy?

zwhimsicalz

Not really, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

For starters, this is one of Biowares main selling points for SWTOR - "The Legacy System" along with the VO's are supposed to make this MMO stand out. Meaning, if its one of your main points, it should have been in at launch.

That said, The Legacy System is kind of unnecessary and yes, a poor use of resources.

200 million for VO's and a fancy chart system with credit sinks. I'd rather they spent it on gameplay.

And you (well not you, but the person you're responding to) need to keep in mind that different people have different arguments. Some people love some of the 1.2 changes but think some of these (and other) features should have been available from the start. There could be a completely different group of people who think the features are a waste of time and resources no matter when they were implemented.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference being that WoW's Cataclysm expansion came out over a year ago. The latest patch featured a raid that killed the main villain. People have known for a long time that the patch would be the last new content before the next expansion. SWTOR is a brand new game that came out 3 months ago. The lack of content is therefore a much bigger disappointment.

Even so grinding same raid for 4 months and who knows for how much longer dont make players to rant over the same as on these forums. But I think I ask to much reason over chaos.

Fluff is good. Very good. Not everything in the game needs to be so serious.

However, at such an early stage in release, extra little features like this that will not add much to gameplay but will still require a large amount of resources are unneccessary.

I would rather have them simply add more operations, flashpoints, and more MMO features in general rather than in essence expand on the single player experience, which they in no way need to do. It's the multiplayer they need to focus on, whether it's the lack of endgame or the population problems, and I think pretty much the whole TOR community speaks in unison on this.

I agree wholeheartedly

And you (well not you, but the person you're responding to) need to keep in mind that different people have different arguments. Some people love some of the 1.2 changes but think some of these (and other) features should have been available from the start. There could be a completely different group of people who think the features are a waste of time and resources no matter when they were implemented.

Yea. I could care less, but some people are going to love it to death.

The "Legacy" system is a bunch of garbage -

Bioware continues to impose their "great ideas" on people as they ignore 99% of the concerns of people. Most people I know to be serious gamers have given up hope for this game, we tried to hang in there don't get me wrong but what is there to look forward to in this game?

Who gives a flip about legacy really. Ohhhhh I can have a Chiss Jedi. Big deal races are purely cosmetic and with all the gear we wear who can see it anyway? ZOMG! A GTN on the ship. Pfft who hangs out on their ship? Fluff is nice but not when there are so many things that need to be done first. Fix your bugs. Develop character transfers to different servers. Add some new dailies etc.......

Who gives a flip about legacy really. Ohhhhh I can have a Chiss Jedi. Big deal races are purely cosmetic and with all the gear we wear who can see it anyway? ZOMG! A GTN on the ship. Pfft who hangs out on their ship? Fluff is nice but not when there are so many things that need to be done first. Fix your bugs. Develop character transfers to different servers. Add some new dailies etc.......

Well considering that I stubbornly refuse to do gear treadmills or shoe-box dueling for nifty points, there's really not much left at the top of the game to hold my interest.

I'm a bit neutral to the Legacy system, overall, but at least it's something.

Well considering that I stubbornly refuse to do gear treadmills or shoe-box dueling for nifty points, there's really not much left at the top of the game to hold my interest.

I'm a bit neutral to the Legacy system, overall, but at least it's something.

Actually this whole legacy thing reminds me of ship interiors for STO. People cried and cried about getting them and when STO came out with them it was really cool. For about 5 min. Legacy and all the stuff in the ship will be cool. For about 5 minutes.

Actually this whole legacy thing reminds me of ship interiors for STO. People cried and cried about getting them and when STO came out with them it was really cool. For about 5 min. Legacy and all the stuff in the ship will be cool. For about 5 minutes.

I agree it might be neat at first, but man my server is dead.....and the population is dying....I just don't see how ANYTHING in 1.2 saves it...

The "Legacy" system is a bunch of garbage -

Bioware continues to impose their "great ideas" on people as they ignore 99% of the concerns of people. Most people I know to be serious gamers have given up hope for this game, we tried to hang in there don't get me wrong but what is there to look forward to in this game?

I definitely feel you on this one....

oh but it will, it so will, if you want some crack vanillia game that does nothing.......don't know what to tell you. What they're doing with the legacy system is pretty awesome.

Whoa there. Legacy doesn't touch PvP in any way unless you count the appearances of players. Legacy will only play a minor part in solo PvE content. Maybe a little in group content if you have someone with a companion out.

From what a friend told me, the Legacy system reminded him of Torchlight's retirement for characters, except you can continue it and it does affect other ones you create. I have to admit, the Sur name and the ability to transfer the alien choices (even though there is no real significance between them all) along with random abilities is kinda neat. We all know this is a ploy by Bioware to keep people playing this game with making alts, or to come back.

I hate to say "at least they are trying." But it's one of many features they stated are planned for this game in the future. Like I keep saying, we'll just see how it goes.

Don't care, just dedicating myself to one toon.

From the Legacy video I fill the criteria which was covered in one sentence:

"For those who only play one character, there will be some cool stuff in it for you as well."

What that cool stuff is? Sure we'll find out.

The reason the appeal didn't last is because the ship interiors in STO were incomplete and static. It's one thing to add those interiors, but another to actually make them useful, which the devs there failed to do and what the devs here have failed to do with the ship interiors in TOR and will very likely do with the legacy ship rewards.

Edited by Bluerodian

The reason the appeal didn't last is because the ship interiors in STO were incomplete and static. It's one thing to add those interiors, but another to actually make them useful, which the devs there failed to do and what the devs here have failed to do with the ship interiors in TOR and will very likely do with the legacy ship rewards.

Agree totally. Besides we all know the REAL reason for the legacy and focusing on alts. Because level 50=game over and people need a reason to keep paying that sub.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.