Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is particularly annoying since the current build is prone to crashing randomly at scene/planet transitions.

I shouldn't be punished with 2 hours queues because you can't make a game that can't crash. I don't even really care that hard about having to relog, but when you punish people for it with gigantic queues something has to give.

Take a second to think about what would happen if BW fix this... it might explain why they are being very quiet!

Lets look at the reason people move up the queue:

1. Because people log out

2. Because people disconnect

Without knowing the % each contributes to making spaces available on the server it is hard to say which one contributes more.

What is indisputable is that if the problem is fixed then the queue times will increase significantly (ie queue will stay the same length, time to move up the queue will increase). If currently the estimate is 3 hours then once fixed it may be 6 hours.

What does BW gain by not fixing this? It is simple PR to avoid doubling queue times and would explain why this thread was moved from customer service (ie a recognised problem) to general discussion (ie idle chit chat).

Edited by Totald

What does BW gain by not fixing this? It is simple PR to avoid doubling queue times and would explain why this thread was moved from customer service (ie a recognised problem) to general discussion (ie idle chit chat).

Doing nothing is never a solution. There are many common and easy fixes to this problem and one will get implemented eventually without "doubling" server queue times.

It baffles me how something like that wasn't implemented. Long Que Times are one thing. But if you know you'll have ques at least make sure the players that wen't through the que will not have to reque after a disconnect. This just destroys the game, especially if you play it with a Friend....... I'm pretty happy with the rest of the game but this is just bad.

A 30-45 minute queue is poor punishment because the game crashes or you dc for 20 seconds. This will be a complete nightmare come endgame PvE where whole guilds will be waiting for 1 person to come back on for ages due to a quick DC.

Last night I had a DC. I ended up at server selction, and was prepared for a long queue again (it stated 45 mins at the time I had to queue again). To my surprise, I got right back in again with no queue whatsoever.

Has something been done?

Last night I had a DC. I ended up at server selction, and was prepared for a long queue again (it stated 45 mins at the time I had to queue again). To my surprise, I got right back in again with no queue whatsoever.

Has something been done?

No. Out of the 10+ dc's I had so far, 2 of them I got back in instantly. I believe you might actually get back in because the server still thinks you're logged in the server.

This is apparently in game.. It does work sometimes. I have had to alt+F4 and also been disconnected once or twice and come straight back in. Other times though I come right back on and get put in a queue... so it's very hit and miss right now. I think it needs the time improving beyond the 2 minutes it seems to be and it also needs to be more forgiving. My client crashed in an instance (seemed to be a Talos V bug as two of us got it) and came right back to a queue.

Waked up early to get in without quee, played 2 hours , got error 1002, joined a 1000 person quee, waited for 3 hours 15 mins those it was said 1 hour : 15 mins, AFTER THAT I GOT INSTA ERORR 9000 After my que place approached to 0 and BUMP I GOT 1780 person quee = it is about 5 hours of wait. So Due to 24 hours of day i played 2 hours and queed for 10 HOURS,those i didn't want to leave game i just got some strange error!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.