Just some facts about female gamers

kalarigamerchic

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonono - haven't you heard? Thats why we invented entertainment rooms! And they followed us even there!

Clothes too! Yes you heard it here first! Shirts, pants, jackets - if theirs are not handy they wear ours!

The horror.

But what can we do? Especially in regards to gaming. I mean we learnt it here - the experts tried everything, marketing tactics failed, there is no escape. Did we try reverse psychology yet?? :D

It's a losing battle. xD

ok thats all nice and good, now get off this game and get back in dat kitchen and make us some sandwiches!! (joking)

i know some female gamers, and i unfortunately knew guys who actually pretended to be girls, its one of the main reasons most men do not trust some one who says they are actually a girl till they are on vent lol or some sort of voice chat thing.

I'm pretty sure I sound a bit like an annoying teenage boy on Vent, and since I have a cold at the moment, a mean annoying teenage boy. I've only had one comment on being female though: one of our Cabalists was surprised to hear a female voice over Vent, yelling at everyone in Karagga's XD

"Toilet seat must be down. "

As a female, I just don't get this. It doesn't bother me when the seat is up ... ever. I look before peeing, problem solved. Actually since moving in with the boyfriend toilet has been kept cleaner since now a dirty underseat is so obvious.

Seriously though, the war over toilets should end. If you fall in the toilet it's your own [explicative removed] fault.

As a female, I just don't get this. It doesn't bother me when the seat is up ... ever. I look before peeing, problem solved. Actually since moving in with the boyfriend toilet has been kept cleaner since now a dirty underseat is so obvious.

Seriously though, the war over toilets should end. If you fall in the toilet it's your own [explicative removed] fault.

Thank you. This has been my argument for years, but has fallen on many deaf ears. So now I leave it up on purpose....:jawa_evil:

I don't get it either. xD It's never bothered me. The only issue in my house is that we need to put the cover down too or the cats are liable to attempt jumping on the toilet seat only to fall in to the toilet. xD

Thank you. This has been my argument for years, but has fallen on many deaf ears. So now I leave it up on purpose....:jawa_evil:

Ha ha ha. I do that a lot in ladies public restrooms (lifting the seat to pee is the quickest most sanitary way for public germ buckets imo). I'm sure it leads to plenty of ---> :mad:

Not to throw off this whole believing women play nothing but healers post but I must say that as long as I have played MMO's most of the women I have met have played a DPS class of some kind more than anything. Never once have I seen a healer and have said "Oh that must be a woman playing the character. I am a man and have played healing classes in all the MMO's I have played with a couple of tank classes on the side.

It sounds more like you stereotype yourselves into believing most players think women play healers. Though I can agree how sad it is that many of the men in the gaming community either truly believe that women do not play at all or just continue to move on with a very old and tiring joke.

I got the GF into MMOs, and she always takes the "nuclear deterrent in a cute outfit" option in character creation. I swear, she channels the green powerfuff girl. (Yeah, I got kids)

Ha ha ha. I do that a lot in ladies public restrooms (lifting the seat to pee is the quickest most sanitary way for public germ buckets imo). I'm sure it leads to plenty of ---> :mad:

From my understanding, hovering is a must in all "public germ buckets"

From my understanding, hovering is a must in all "public germ buckets"

Germs build up your immune system, though I also "hover" if the toilet looks particularly unsanitary. Unless I've had too much to drink, then I'm just glad I managed to find a toilet :p

Germs build up your immune system, though I also "hover" if the toilet looks particularly unsanitary. Unless I've had too much to drink, then I'm just glad I managed to find a toilet :p

That's what alleyways and parks are for.....:D and one time (in my younger, more stupid days) in the UK, a very convenient elevator.....i didn't say i would proud:o

So I only read the first post...the OP. I stopped half-way through and just thought about *****. Sorry. Couldn't help it.

But seriously......how do I turn my wife into a gamer chick? As it stands right now she makes fun of me. But she is a constant gossip queen of facebook, so I have plenty of ammunition to fire back with. Guide me Chicks of the Pixilated Universe.

So I only read the first post...the OP. I stopped half-way through and just thought about *****. Sorry. Couldn't help it.

But seriously......how do I turn my wife into a gamer chick? As it stands right now she makes fun of me. But she is a constant gossip queen of facebook, so I have plenty of ammunition to fire back with. Guide me Chicks of the Pixilated Universe.

I would also like to know this secret on how to turn non-gamer chicks into gamer chicks......:)

I would also like to know this secret on how to turn non-gamer chicks into gamer chicks......:)

I was born a gamer chick, and I have a feeling that goes for most of my species. I honestly doubt you can turn a non-gamer into a gamer. My ex never managed to turn me into a fisher chick, no matter how he tried :confused:

I'd start with simple games like the ones for the smartphones and consoles. Then gradually I'd show to her more complicated, challenging and time consuming games. At the same time, I'd do some compromises like doing things she really loves. That way, you end up with a win-win situation.

This is very simplified but you get the idea.

I don't get it either. xD It's never bothered me. The only issue in my house is that we need to put the cover down too or the cats are liable to attempt jumping on the toilet seat only to fall in to the toilet. xD

Us too. "Lid must be down to keep stupid cats out of toilet" obviated the entire discussion.