The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The number of bugs is mind boggling

Veeius

you right bro

"give it time"

so

10years, i give them ten years to fix eveading mob's at belsavis and my fullauto, and another 3 year to fix mortar volley

and ofc i would not maintain active sub

If you look at the 1.2 notes you will see many of them have been fixed....

Edited by NasherUK

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the 1.2 notes you will see many of them have been fixed....

Nope most cover issues are still there, most evading mobs are there, they peta nerfed a lot of the class quests content (lvled a Smuggler / SB past 30 under 1d4h played time on PTS solo, which was my first (of many) 50 on live), but I won't waste more time on PTS... I'm not about to lvl to 50 on PTS while I still have so much gameplay left on live.

Anyone can confirm if most of the awful map glitch are still there on Quesh (can see thru world) and Voss (can see and walk behind the map)? Most world after Tatooine have texture alignment issue where you can see a line where the two texture do not meet.

Enabling grass past 10% still drop your FPS on some planets due to a rendering bug (worst on Quesh). I dunno if they attempted to fix any of the AMD/ATI awful awful awful FPS issue... I'm a nVidia man myself.

But the release excuse no longer applies to this game....How long will you keep using the excuse for all the bugs as it was just released?

Cya..cancelled today...this game needs alot of work to compete with WOW ....was very fun at first til it became annoying and boring

Serious case of opinion there. WoW did literally NOTHING for me. This game is pretty amazing for people who came into it under 2 conditions:

1. Realized that games in their infancy aren't going to be perfect, having bugs (even the occasional game breaking ones) and imbalances.

2. Took the game for what it is (at the moment a casual friendly game that encourages alt-play), not their own personal vision of what the perfect game ought to be.

I must admit I hope all the Ilum daily bugs are fixed with 1.2, there's almost more quests NOT working on Ilum now than there are working. :eek:

spoke to some guys on ptr who got a copy over they confirmed the ilum quests at 50 are fixed. new interface editor is pretty kewl as well game also seems to run a lot better there are still a few minor glitches with gtn filters and trainer filters but im sure they will get fixed soon

Serious case of opinion there. WoW did literally NOTHING for me. This game is pretty amazing for people who came into it under 2 conditions:

1. Realized that games in their infancy aren't going to be perfect, having bugs (even the occasional game breaking ones) and imbalances.

2. Took the game for what it is (at the moment a casual friendly game that encourages alt-play), not their own personal vision of what the perfect game ought to be.

Well the issue is not the fact that there is bugs... Is the time its taking them to fix them.

Simple cosmetic things are taking > 6 months since they got reported... and that's my issue.

PS: I says a lot about how the devs feel about the game... and in turn says a lot if we should invest time in a IP that will die "too soon".

The ability delay is killing the game for me. This may be the most unresponsive game I've ever played.

This is so true and so so sad. The combat is still so flawed. After long discussions soon after launch, a pass was made by BW with respect to the ability delay issues. It fixed some things. The majority of the problems were never touched and still exist.

My take is that although there was a dev thread addressing the combat issues together with the player threads, either the devs do not recognize the ability delay problems or do not think that it is important (that would indeed be mind boggling) or that they just can't fix the combat systems in the game. In either case it seems that the current strategy is to ignore the problem.

Yes the game is buggy as all heck, but most of the the problems do not bother me (or those with whom I play). The core play issues that exist (ability delay is one) though are ever present and make the game so much less that it could have been. To repeat my opening sentence, it is so so sad.

Edited by asbalana

Well the issue is not the fact that there is bugs... Is the time its taking them to fix them.

Simple cosmetic things are taking > 6 months since they got reported... and that's my issue.

PS: I says a lot about how the devs feel about the game... and in turn says a lot if we should invest time in a IP that will die "too soon".

As someone who used to work at a dev. house, let me clarify something. "Simple cosmetic things" are usually waaaay down on the priority list. Things that affect the ability to use the product (game, utility, whatever) ALWAYS have a higher priority. So, I'm not in the least surprised by them taking a long time to address cosmetic stuff when there are other things that are far more important to deal with.

Just because something is simple, doesn't mean it should necessarily be done first.

I challenge your honesty about having played other MMOs at release.

Agree.

Three months into Wow and we were still getting hit through walls. We were still falling through the world.

They have done extremely well, focusing on the major bugs first, resolving them and then moving down the line. What remains now are no more then nuisance bugs, same as any other MMO, in line to be addressed, same as any other mmo.

Game has not been out for six months, skip ;p

Biggest bug in this game is the extrapolation and exaggeration we see on these boards that turn every little issue into a crisis of epic proportions.

Your mind is easily boggled then, apart from the infamous "quest pending" bug at release wich was truly gamebreaking, I've had very litttle issues.

same here. Game as played almost flawlessly for me

I really enjoy the content of this game. But it is VERY disappointing that there are TONS of things that are broken.

Mobs that hide inside walls.

Force cloak doesn't disengage you from combat.

Force charge removes you from the world.

Quest items in ilum changed to "object has no name" and become unusable.

The list goes on and on and on AND ON.

Yes, I've played other mmo's near release, I haven't seen one that you had to pay for that is this buggy.

Rather than working feverishly on new content, can you please fix the old first?

Don't mistake me, swtor is an AMAZING game, and I really enjoy it. But quest breaking bugs (not to mention bugs that get me killed) are extremely frustrating.

It is really buggy. Even the dialogue parts have the signature Bioware frame stuttering and characters jumping in an out of the scene like in Mass Effect.

Most of the bugs in themselves aren't gamebreaking. But taken altogether it is pretty disheartening. I've never submitted more tickets in a game than i have in SWTOR, and pretty much all of those tickets were bug reports.

It is really buggy. Even the dialogue parts have the signature Bioware frame stuttering and characters jumping in an out of the scene like in Mass Effect.

Most of the bugs in themselves aren't gamebreaking. But taken altogether it is pretty disheartening. I've never submitted more tickets in a game than i have in SWTOR, and pretty much all of those tickets were bug reports.

Once again. This has not been the case for me or anyone that I know.

I get some stuttering at fleet,when there is 150 people there, but then again, I'm running a five year old machine with 3 gig of active ram so I would expect that.

Beyond that the game is running smoothy to where I can't notice anything.

Three months into Wow and we were still getting hit through walls. We were still falling through the world.

Its funny that people who complain about bugs here have a laundry list. The SWTOR apologetics team usees WoW's vanilla bugs to defend the bugs in this game can only remember two or three things as they go on to exaggerate them.

Yes WoW had bugs but the minute you mention that in another mmo's forums you give up your right to say "this isn't WoW."

Its funny that people who complain about bugs here have a laundry list. The SWTOR apologetics team usees WoW's vanilla bugs to defend the bugs in this game can only remember two or three things as they go on to exaggerate them.

Yes WoW had bugs but the minute you mention that in another mmo's forums you give up your right to say "this isn't WoW."

The reply was not to "every complaint ever made" but to a specific complaint that attempted to justify itself by declaring that this game was the buggiest of any game evah! I simply demonstrated that not to be true by using an equal number of severe bugs to demonstrate the fallacy of the argument put forth.

Nothing more or less was implied or assumed.

Please try to keep up, or at least have a logical counter argument before you attack me personally, so that we may keep everything in this discussion above board. ;p

The reply was not to "every complaint ever made" but to a specific complaint that attempted to justify itself by declaring that this game was the buggiest of any game evah! I simply demonstrated that not to be true by using an equal number of severe bugs to demonstrate the fallacy of the argument put forth.

Nothing more or less was implied or assumed.

Please try to keep up, or at least have a logical counter argument before you attack me personally, so that we may keep everything in this discussion above board. ;p

Right, then you mentioned two bugs WoW had,... two bugs...

I guess those two bugs you mentioned made WoW the buggiest mmo ever.

So you demonstrated someones fallacy by mentioning two bugs? More like you demonstrated your own.

So you demonstrated someones fallacy by mentioning two bugs? More like you demonstrated your own.

yes because WoW only had two bugs ever..... i believe you grasping for straws here give it up his point was valid and your not making any sense

Edited by Derbefrier

Game has not been out for six months, skip ;p

Biggest bug in this game is the extrapolation and exaggeration we see on these boards that turn every little issue into a crisis of epic proportions.

Sorry if you where not invited to beta before public Beta 1, 2 and Early Access.

We've been reporting those bugs for ages...

yes because WoW only had two bugs ever..... i believe you grasping for straws here give it up his point was valid and your not making any sense

I believe the guy I quoted is grasping at straws to try and make his point with two bugs. Calling that out makes perfect sense, and you know it.

Edited by Vlaxitov

Once again you are putting forth a sophomoric argument by exaggerating to the absurd um as a means of detracting from my statement. You are also misrepresenting the argument as a means of detracting from such.

I never stated that Wow was the worst mmo ever. I played Wow from start to finish, raided everything in that game, lead raids, was a guild officer etc. It was a great game.

However, you seem to be experiencing some confusion as to my point so I will explain further. The contention was that this game had more bugs then any game ever. The complainer listed a couple of bugs. I countered with a couple of equal bugs from another great game as a means of demonstrating the fallacy of his argument. I could have picked any game from Meridian online all the way to SW and the situation would be the same.

In short, I have demonstrated the flaw in his argument. I further demonstrated that many of the arguments put forth as a means of disparaging this game are more exaggeration, hysteria, conjecture and hyperbole then actual fact.

If you have anything to add that will counter that contention, I would be interested in debating such but there is not alot that I can debate when someone is pointing a finger at me and yelling, "neaner, neaner". ;p

The biggest issue are people refusing to acknowledge the situation.

You don't have to go far. Lookup DCUO, Rift, AoC, WoW Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, any major patch, etc. Their answers to bug are within days.

It is clear that EA/BW do not have the full control over their MMO and they have too many sub-contractor that add additional lag to the time it takes to fix bugs.

Heck I still have Class Bonus Mission still stuck and Ivory hanging in my ship. Evading mobs in most Class Missions (which kill the mood btw when it takes you 45m to get out of a crashing ship because of it).

And we've been reporting those bugs since pre-public Beta 1.

But keep lying to yourself.

PS: The definition of trolling is:

And that's what people like you are doing.

ROFLMAO and thats what your doing telling the pure unvarnished truth I take it?

Sorry if you where not invited to beta before public Beta 1, 2 and Early Access.

We've been reporting those bugs for ages...

You said the game has been "out" for six months. That was misinformation. I called you on it. Nothing more or less.

Had you stated this in your prior post, I would not have called you on it. ;p

Originally Posted by IPaq

The biggest issue are people refusing to acknowledge the situation.

You don't have to go far. Lookup DCUO, Rift, AoC, WoW Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, any major patch, etc. Their answers to bug are within days.

It is clear that EA/BW do not have the full control over their MMO and they have too many sub-contractor that add additional lag to the time it takes to fix bugs.

Heck I still have Class Bonus Mission still stuck and Ivory hanging in my ship. Evading mobs in most Class Missions (which kill the mood btw when it takes you 45m to get out of a crashing ship because of it).

And we've been reporting those bugs since pre-public Beta 1.

But keep lying to yourself.

PS: The definition of trolling is:

'

I did not beta this game so I will not argue the contention there in. However, I did beta all four of the games mentioned in this post and I will say that every last one of them experienced the same lag from the beta testers to the developers. We reported a number of bugs that went live. That is based on priority, not stupidity of the development team.

Let us remember, there are millions of millions of dollars in profit to be made here. Do wwe think, for one second, that such sophomoric arguments such as "they don't care" even come into the equation? Look how greedy people are about wasting .0001 percent of their fifteen dollars a month on maintenance. LOL

Priority is all that matters in the resolve of bugs. That priority is based upon the highest and most profitable demographic. What may bother random player A (such as a delay when opening bags) may not matter to those that are paying the bills overall and therefor go to the bottom of the list, and not because they are sitting around telling jokes and drinking coffee while Rome burns. LOL

Hello everyone,

We have recently had to clean up a number of posts in this thread that were in violation of our Rules of Conduct and wanted to remind everyone to stay on topic while avoiding the following:

• Personal Attacks or Insults.

• Creating posts for the purpose of derailing the topic, eliciting negative reactions or spreading false information.

• Replying in a manner that adds nothing constructive to the conversation.

• Posts that attack other players rather than addressing the thread topic itself.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and will continue to monitor the conversation. Above all else please remember that we are here to help with issues that come up, you need not respond to them and extend the argument. In short, flag don't flame. This thread is not being closed, please feel free to carry on so long as you abide by the forum rules.