Least Used Companion?

TheLonelyTusken

I think its odd people dont use pierce more often. Granted I just happened to get some decent tank gear for him early on, but if properly geared he is pretty useful. Ive used him to tank HM BT, and first half of Kaon...

Also for belsavis dailies, like Lights out, can use pierce to tank a couple of groups saving me valuable time in finishing the quest. Can pump it out with a single death sometimes.

I think the only one I use much is Malavai because he is the most useful of the bunch. Vette was useless and only got any mileage because of lack of options, sort of like Kaliyo on my IA (ugh). Overall, I'd say Broonmark and Peirce got the least use though - I NEVER took them out. Edited by ProsaicProse

I think its a question that everyone should ask them self personally. Because as a tank i would rather have Bookmark over Pierce. and i would rather take the robot over quinn, i know the robot doest have the story or anything but once i got him good gear, he had 2x the armor that quinn did and heals just as well, so like i said its just all a matter of what you like.

IMO All companions are designed to work you just need to turn off/on some of the moves that are garbage ect.

The only time I used either Pierce or broonmark was for soloing world bosses. I use them to intercede to using the pvp 2 piece set for the heal. Using any of the other comps = them dead too fast. Even then I found Pierce tends to live longer. Even though broon has full columi tanking set on and Pierce has the tionese equivilant.

Other than that its Quinn for everything else. Not that I do anything else much outside of the 2 hrs per week raiding. Rest of the time its Hutball. Meaning once you done with doing dailies you have no reason to bother with companions at all. I don't even use them for crafting now except on rare occasions I get a cube to craft columi implants.

Edited by CommunitySupportEN

I think the only one I use much is Malavai because he is the most useful of the bunch. Vette was useless and only got any mileage because of lack of options, sort of like Kaliyo on my IA (ugh). Overall, I'd say Broonmark and Peirce got the least use though - I NEVER took them out.

Vette useless? Vette is cool, although I'm with Jaesa.

Used to be Broonmark for me, but now he wears all my old tank gear (has over 20k hp), so I use him with my Vengeance spec.

My Companion use goes something like this:

Most used

Vette

Quinn

Broonmark

Jaesa

Pierce

Shipbot

Least Used

I'd prefer Quinn wasn't as high as he is; I absolutely despise him. But, since becoming full dps and no longer tanking, Quinn has become the more useful companion, even with Broonmark in almost full Rakata.

Used to be Broonmark for me, but now he wears all my old tank gear (has over 20k hp), so I use him with my Vengeance spec.

My Companion use goes something like this:

Most used

Vette

Quinn

Broonmark

Jaesa

Pierce

Shipbot

Least Used

I'd prefer Quinn wasn't as high as he is; I absolutely despise him. But, since becoming full dps and no longer tanking, Quinn has become the more useful companion, even with Broonmark in almost full Rakata.

so you generally dont stick with using one companion?

i mean,i hate quinn also but ive heard you generally use a healer companion as a dps and hes a healer companion but im wondering if i used another companion and geared him up if some of these class quests ive been doing would be easier to get thru

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I pretty much ONLY used Vette while Leveling, with a short time trying out Jaesa for a little bit. I played Light Side, and I thoroughly enjoyed Vette. She was like the Jelly to my Peanut Butter, the Chewie to my Han.

I leveled Immortal though, so I had ZERO reason to ever use Pierce, Broonmark, or Quinn (no need for two tanks or even a tank and healer for leveling... you NEED someone doing some damage). I Tanked Ops for a bit as Immortal as well, but despised it. I found much more enjoyment tanking with a different class and dpsing with my Jug. So I switched to DPS.

When I did that, Quinn became more of a factor in my daily grind. I was dishing out more than enough damage that just having Quinn made minimal down time. However, I had all this Rakata Tank gear, so I decided to give it to Broonmark, and I tried him out tanking while I dps'd. Killing went faster, and simply mounting and moving from enemy to enemy completely negated any down time (since mounting completely heals your companion). When I am outside, I will use Broonmark. When I am inside, I will use Quinn.

When I do Heroic quests, or partied with someone else for some other reason... or if I am just running a low level FP for someone, I will use Vette again.

I like Pierce. I wish I could find more reason to use him, but it never presented itself when leveling, and now that I am dps, Broonmark's gear just destroys Pierce's, so I still have him riding the pine. Still, Pierce is my desired romance interest, taking the one stand as far as I could, so he's not completely neglected.

Edited by Toogeloo

so I decided to give it to Broonmark, and I tried him out tanking while I dps'd. Killing went faster, and simply mounting and moving from enemy to enemy completely negated any down time (since mounting completely heals your companion). When I am outside, I will use Broonmark. When I am inside, I will use Quinn.

hmm

so whats a good way to gear up broonmark then.cuz im thinkin about gearin him up and maybe switchin to usin him whenever i get in a situation where im getting steamrolled on a quest and quinn just doesnt really seem to cut it

cuz all my quest rewards unless its a upgrade for me have gone to commendations which in turn have gone to mods to upgrade my gear or quinns.i dont know if buying gear off the gtn is a great idea cuz i dont want to get ripped off by people selling low lvl crap for higher then it should be

Broonmark should benefit directly from your hand me downs if you are a Juggernaut. If you are anything like me, you probably have a variety of Orange gear pieces that you can give him and then remod with Tanking items.

Short of that, you can just give him all Jug Tanking pieces you find. If you are still early on, whomever you find more gear for between Pierce or Broonmark can do the tanking for you. They both respond equally the same to affection gain comments, so it doesn't really matter which you decide on.

The reason Broonmark became my main tank was simply because I already had the gear for him. Had I had better gear for Pierce, he could have just as simply done the job too. They can tank in greens if they need to, though however much Oranges you can get them, the better. If you don't have enough Coms to gear their Oranges, don't forget you can also buy Green Mods from nearby vendors as well.

hmm i guess ill try pierce but i dont know

just pisses me off,for the last couple of days all ive did was smash my face against the wall dieing to this quest and im thinkin its cuz i need to use a tank companion or somethin but the only companion i got geared is quinn

wish they'd nerf some of these class quests cuz they obviously arent made for 1 person to get thru

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I have used Jaesa exclusively since I got her, and I play a rage-mara. Quinn only comes out when I have to have a healer, 2x dps rips stuff down quick. I am working on equipping Pierce for doing dailies on Belsav.

@Crunk: Quinn and Vette use the same gear (cunning medium gears), so you could strip Quinn and throw it on Vette and see if you can do the fight easier. If you fear spending the cash on the gtn, then I suggest checking planets you have finished. Even if you don't have enough comms to buy the gear, doing the heroics on those planets should be easy to get coms (or some orange gears even), just takes some time, not cash.

Edited by Shatterstar

Many quests that gave me the most trouble were usually solved by fine tuning my tactics, not so much in changing my companions.

The Avatar in Nightmare lands for example. I wiped on him a dozen times, swapped companions, and then it all clicked when I determined the best ability to interrupt, when to use my cooldown, and when to use my Heroic Moment.

And yeah... Heroic Moment... probably the most forgotten about Cooldown for most people who constantly beat their heads against content.

I'm only 38 now, so I can't say what I'll be doing at endgame, but I'm a hybrid immortal/vengeance juggernaut and I've exclusively used Vette during the entire game.

I like her sassy personality, she puts out fantastic damage, and frankly I"ve never felt I needed heals or someone to take the damage instead of me.

Every other companion just hangs out on the ship - i dont really foresee any of them getting off of it any time soon either.

the tankcompanions in general are somewhat useless. They don't mitigate much dmg, they don't do much dmg and in the end you have to at least dismiss and resummon them to fill their health back up. The DPS companions (though Vette is better for ae, jaesa for single target a bit) are pretty good when they're geared properly, my vette wears columni/rakatastuff minus weapons (lack of blaster pistols with cunning) and does some pretty nasty dmg when doing dailies, although it is still easier, safer and you simply never need to regen with the healer comp out. It's really annoying seeing how the healing comp on any class that's not tank or healer or needs a tank for backstabing is the overall best choice - especially when you have Quinn of all people to heal you... it's like letting pedobear take care of your kids.

However, I leveled with Vette and then with Jaesa (I had Vette affection almost maxed when I got Jaesa so that was more a logical choice) because I hated Quinn, but for doing dailies I always take Quinn, just easier and I can just leap into anything or anyone and never have to worry about dying.

the tankcompanions in general are somewhat useless. They don't mitigate much dmg, they don't do much dmg and in the end you have to at least dismiss and resummon them to fill their health back up.

Note: Summoning another companion and then switching back to the companion you were just on mid-summon, will summon your current companion back with full health without breaking out a new companion. Alternatively, you can mount your speeder and when you dismount, they will be full health as well.