Population too small for Rated Warzones.

warkat

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even on busy servers, getting into warzones is becoming slower and slower. The fact is that people who enjoy pvp have either left the game or will be leaving shortly after 1.2 comes out. Bioware got it wrong with pvp in this game and they are too slow to react. As mentioned, pvp might be ok in 6 months to a year from now but not many players will be around to experience it. (we'll all be playing gw2).

It varies from server to server and timing. My server would come under Standard and its insta-pop at peak.

Peak time on my server : ( Simultaneous )

• I see 3 to 5 simultaneous level 50 warzones on Republic side alone. ( ~ 30+ in Voidstar )
  • At same time about 50 - 60 in fleet when those warzones are going on
  • Another 32 in Eternity Vault.
  • More 50's scattered.

Low pop servers will need mergers or free transfers ASAP but it is not indicative of general population. Some players might leave to try GW2 but many more have indicated they will be back for 1.2. Its also generally a good idea to wait for NCsoft to deliver rather then believe the hype.

Low pop servers will need mergers or free transfers ASAP but it is not indicative of general population. Some players might leave to try GW2 but many more have indicated they will be back for 1.2. Its also generally a good idea to wait for NCsoft to deliver rather then believe the hype.

Actually the hype is based on what ArenaNet (not NCsoft) delivers, it's not based on some flashy Trailers and the fact that lightsabers are in the game.

what i dont get is the majority of PVPer are moaning they dont see any reason (read reward) to PVP in swtor everything is given for free and bla bla bla

there are thread in which PVPer ask to give up in minigame if there is no chance to win so they can otpimize the time/reward making the game end sooner and requeueing

GW2 has no reason to PVP if not PVP because there is no reward only bragging right...

GW2=success

how does they connect those 3 things?

Paid xfer? No. They need to either merge or allow free transfers.

Free transfers? Haha, keep wishing.

Server Mergers? Not until the game is dying (which it is not, despite the forums).

Paid Xfer? Almost a guarantee, and as soon as they can get it to work it will be available, I'm sure.

Actually the hype is based on what ArenaNet (not NCsoft) delivers, it's not based on some flashy Trailers and the fact that lightsabers are in the game.

Hype tends to be created more by those who look forward to something than anything else. Arenanet can only tell you what they are giving you or what their plans are; players are the ones building it up to be the 2nd coming, which it won't be by any means.

They (players) are setting themselves up for disappointment. Don't blame game developers for that.

what i dont get is the majority of PVPer are moaning they dont see any reason (read reward) to PVP in swtor everything is given for free and bla bla bla

there are thread in which PVPer ask to give up in minigame if there is no chance to win so they can otpimize the time/reward making the game end sooner and requeueing

GW2 has no reason to PVP if not PVP because there is no reward only bragging right...

GW2=success

how does they connect those 3 things?

This is not the majority of pvp'ers. The majority left this game or didn't come here in the first place. Swtor has no content for PvP'ers at all, Ilum doesn't work and random BGs are for casuals by design. rated bgs are coming too late and even then without cross-server. What is a PvP'er with only the tiniest competitive attitude supposed to do in this game?

gw2 is just different. it delivers content for all of the big groups of pvp'ers. WvWvW for the RvR-Lovers, Hot-Join-structured for casuals and 5vs5-structured-tournaments for hardcore-competitive-players. There is something fun to do for allmost everybody and you are not forced to do something you don't enjoy to get there.

If the activity is fun itself, you don't need rewards for it.

Hype tends to be created more by those who look forward to something than anything else. Arenanet can only tell you what they are giving you or what their plans are; players are the ones building it up to be the 2nd coming, which it won't be by any means.

They (players) are setting themselves up for disappointment. Don't blame game developers for that.

you could say that 4 weeks ago, when nobody played the game. now the hype is beyond that point after they let the press play their game and let them cover video footage and talk about the game without nda restrictions. the hype is now based on people who actually expirienced the game.

maybe it won't be the second coming, but it is a far better game than swtor ever will be, especially if you look at it as a pvp-player

Gw2 fanboy, LOL that trash of a game will be boring in a week, no endgame, gear to earn for cosmetics LOL, not to mention instant max level pvp, get that b.s out of here, we play mmos not call of duty, it will die quicker than gw did, and the same 20-40k will stick around because its free to play.

I agree, the hype is to much.

This is not the majority of pvp'ers.

can you prove it? i mean the game according to BW didnt lose player in the first 2/3 month right now we dont have any new data but full server seem to be still full

plus i read tons of post complaining about no enough reward made by people on PVP server...

I am sure you are up for disappointment when the game hit the reality of things and people will say okey i log in and then what, there is not even to lvl to 50 at least now people say from 1-49 is fun then what in GW2 people will say we are all equal then what? why should i pvp? do i get a better something

honestly it's not the Videogame that are crap are the player that have no clue how to play anymore.

can you prove it? i mean the game according to BW didnt lose player in the first 2/3 month right now we dont have any new data but full server seem to be still full

plus i read tons of post complaining about no enough reward made by people on PVP server...

I am sure you are up for disappointment when the game hit the reality of things and people will say okey i log in and then what, there is not even to lvl to 50 at least now people say from 1-49 is fun then what in GW2 people will say we are all equal then what? why should i pvp? do i get a better something

honestly it's not the Videogame that are crap are the player that have no clue how to play anymore.

This system is going to be a problem for most guilds and servers.

I don't think they have a freaking clue what ranked warzones on under populated servers will mean.

If I've gotta play ranked to progress and need to move myself over to anther server I won't renew. My 6 mo paid is off already and I have no subscription today. You make me roll to a new server and I just give up.

really? you must be blind not noticing the drop in activity ingame.

you know many players bought a 2 month prepaid card with the game or just paid a 3 month subfee from start? so they are actually active subscribers in the statistics for bw till their sub run out, even if they uninstalled the game long before.

you know why these people say pvp is fun from 10-49? because gear doesn't matter that hard while lvl 50 pvp is all about gear and no fun at all.

you really don't understand that there are many, many players who just play for competition and fun. who just want to play in a teambased game against other teams to measure their skill, this is just impossible to do in swtor. no, joining random bgs with a premade team is nothing like that.

there won't be any complaints in gw2 about the lack of geargrind beside some wow and swtor fanboi-trolls, like there never were any complaints in gw1 about that. Competing in tournaments and playing highly competitive matches, winning or losing with your friends in hard games against another team of friends is rewarding more than enough.

And it is just so much more fun than playing this random**** in brainafk mode here where half of your team doesn't even care about winning.

yeah yeah it dropped from 1.7m to 200K and all them because of PVP

1) there are way more PVE server then PVP that divide the people in 65%pve and 45%pvp

2) not only most of the pvp are still playing and of the 45% at least more then half are stilll playing

3) of this half more then half is beggin for MORE REWARD

what left in your hand is a bunch of hardcore player 200K perhas (more or less the population of UO)

trust me people want reward and if GW2 has no reward it will drop faster then SWTOR is dropping in your mind.

People that play jsut for the pvp the real one that dont care about reward if they were soo many as you think we would have a lively WORLD PVP... we have ZERO world pvp because world pvp has no reward.

I bet whatever u want that GW2 will have Reward and PVP gear in NO TIME if it doesnt have already (since from what i remember gear are equalized in minigame but in WvW gear COUNT what a surprise)

And lets not touch the Guild system there where u can switch guild like u swtich ur stance.... that really killed it for me the multiguild switching system as it please way to make a real GUILD vs GUILD if i can play indifferently in one guild or another without leaving either one.

Edited by Pekish

yeah yeah it dropped from 1.7m to 200K and all them because of PVP

1) there are way more PVE server then PVP that divide the people in 65%pve and 45%pvp

2) not only most of the pvp are still playing and of the 45% at least more then half are stilll playing

3) of this half more then half is beggin for MORE REWARD

what left in your hand is a bunch of hardcore player 200K perhas (more or less the population of UO)

trust me people want reward and if GW2 has no reward it will drop faster then SWTOR is dropping in your mind.

People that play jsut for the pvp the real one that dont care about reward if they were soo many as you think we would have a lively WORLD PVP... we have ZERO world pvp because world pvp has no reward.

I bet whatever u want that GW2 will have Reward and PVP gear in NO TIME if it doesnt have already (since from what i remember gear are equalized in minigame but in WvW gear COUNT what a surprise)

And lets not touch the Guild system there where u can switch guild like u swtich ur stance.... that really killed it for me the multiguild switching system as it please way to make a real GUILD vs GUILD if i can play indifferently in one guild or another without leaving either one.

Ilum isn't dead because of no rewards, it is dead because it sucked and was unplayable. It sucked so bad, people stopped going there even when it still had rewards. It is just the opposite, they removed the rewards from Ilum, because it was dead, not the other way around.

Of course GW2 has rewards, they are just all cosmetic, like better looking gear and titles. There just no rewards with better stats.

Yes in WvW gear counts, but there is no gearprogression at Maxlvl. You get weapons and armor with maxstats easily, the ones you have to grind for or get as rewards are just better looking but in no way stronger than the standard crap every casual will have at maxlvl.

Cosmetic rewards and titles are enough rewards for pvp. Why should it drop because of this in no time? Gw1 had it the same way and didn't drop, it kept growing for a long time.

If you think better looking stuff isn't important for enough people, just ask the guys from riot what they can tell you about it and if they are starving.

You are not forced to be in more than one guilkd at one time. It really doesn't make sense at all to be in more than one specialized WvW-Guild at one time.

Why Multiguilding is allowed has other reasons, i.e. so you can be in a big WvW Guild with 50 other people and at the sametime have your 5 man-guild for competitive structured tournaments. Different gametypes need different guild setups, so they give you the ability to have a guild for every type, so you can play whatever you have fun with, whenever you want to, because that is their philosophy.

Edited by Kaarak

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.