★ The Art of War - A Vanguard PVP Film ★

jjgriffin

Right, which again, is not and never has been my intent. As I said before, I was just looking for an easier way to have my character use HiB if HiB is up; otherwise, use Stockstrike (for example), all off the same physical key. I set it up to repeat while the key was pressed as a quality of life improvement, not some attempt to bypass the global cooldown or automate my entire rotation.

This is exactly how each of my macros works.

I appreciate you linking a clarifying post, although all it really changes in terms of my actual gameplay is that I'm going to set my abilities to "play once" instead of "play while assigned button is pressed". Net result is going to be the same, save that I'm most assuredly going to wear out the buttons of my Naga a lot faster from excessive clicking. :D

so what i got out of this is that "i have 2 abilites and its too hard for me to use 2 different buttons and pay attention at the same time, so i use a macro for them, BUT that doesnt mean it makes it easier"

which is BS btw. I play a vanguard too, i have no issues not using any macros at all, period.

ANYONE who says that they need macro's to play at a high level arent really at that level they are artificially boosted. You can argue against that all you want, doesnt change the fact.

That said, i like watching vanguard vids, the red text killed yours tho.

The only role i saw in that video was Red text and crap quality ontop of wasted use of taunt...

Taunt was on its own independent keybind for all the footage used in this video.

so what i got out of this is that "i have 2 abilites and its too hard for me to use 2 different buttons and pay attention at the same time, so i use a macro for them, BUT that doesnt mean it makes it easier".

I never said it doesn't make it easier. Macroing definitely makes managing certain cooldowns and abilities easier; that's the definition of a "quality of life improvement". I said there was a difference between convenience and automation, and some posters support that sentiment.

I play a vanguard too, i have no issues not using any macros at all, period.

Yeah, you're probably a better player than me. I certainly never said I was an amazing player and this video isn't meant to showcase that.

Also, @kbstealer: Stop stealing my killing blows~! :D

Edited by jjgriffin

The only role i saw in that video was Red text and crap quality ontop of wasted use of taunt...

Good luck in the future cause this was garbage...

Exactly what I though also.

Why, if you can perform the exact same **** WITHOUT MACROS, do you have people posting crappy videos of their crappy full of **** automated performances on Youtube ? Can't you play the game as is, then FRAPS when you get good, then flex your epeen ?

Macroing like this should be bannable. It removes the potential errors from your rotation, for example, you probably have ion pulse and stockstrike on same key, one firing from 4m range one from 10m. If anything, you'd be smashing SS key out of range for 1 or 2 secs before hitting IP. That's BS. And don't tell me it's not like that, the only time the red msgs pop up is when you're in 4m / 10m range.

And your whole 'bind taunt to all my attacks' is HILARIOUSLY BAD. What if you have a strong RDPS on your guarded healer, and a weak tank ? You taunt the weakass tank ? get a clue, and get rid of your useless macros, please. Only baddies need macros in this game. At least you admit being one and you're now efamous for being one.

Edited by Faat

I use a normal keyboard and mouse, and hardly use the mouse. I have played this way for almost 15 years in mmos, and dont really want to change. I also play a sentinel, and have over 25+ keybinds I use almost every match. I do make mistakes occasionally but I am pretty good with my set up. Though now I have to reroll cause we have way too many sentinels, and its getting boring.

I will say i think a few things should be able to be macroed, like Zealous strike with strike for example, or mec slash and slash. But anyway its all good I do what I do and I am pretty solid given the limitations I have to endure.

Edited by gofortheko

I will say i think a few things should be able to be macroed, like Zealous strike with strike for example, or mec slash and slash.

Like someone said earlier, Bioware attempted to inflate class complexity by flooding every class with mediocre/mimicked abilities, arbitrary internal CDs, etc. Nowhere is this more evident than in the sorts of hoops a Marauder has to jump through to be effective in a DPS role. So I /salute you for being able to herd cats efficiently~!

Edited by jjgriffin

Thanks for your constructive feedback! Unfortunately, this'll probably end up being a series since I'm a big fan of Sun Tzu's works, and as for the music... well, at least its not dubstep or some crappy metal band from the Norwegian church-burning scene.

1.) Clausewitz > Sun Tzu

2.) The music was pretty good. The editing was solid. I will grant, the music isn't this good-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLmJ64hSjdE

But NES metal remixes are, of course, the best thing ever.

3.) The video is worth watching for the Storm interception alone. It may be the best moment I've seen in a SWTOR PvP video.

1.) Clausewitz > Sun Tzu

2.) The music was pretty good. The editing was solid. I will grant, the music isn't this good-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLmJ64hSjdE

But NES metal remixes are, of course, the best thing ever.

3.) The video is worth watching for the Storm interception alone. It may be the best moment I've seen in a SWTOR PvP video.

That was actually my Force Leap interception after pushing that guy down into the Pit to Anna. My favorite part of the video is actually the "stealth" cap in Voidstar. :cool:

Wanted to throw in my 2 cents regarding macros. If BW is going to license products that allow you to program macros on them they're opening the door themselves to these kinds of tactics. And if you think a lot of the top PvPers and hardcore gamers AREN'T using macros then you're only fooling yourself. Games like WoW made macros almost mandatory if you wanted to be competitive.

I personally don't use macros, but see nothing wrong with them honestly. This is just another one of the issues the community is torn over like cross-server LFG and dps meters.

I love the hate that this video has generated though all because Anna didn't try to hide his macro usage.

Wanted to throw in my 2 cents regarding macros. If BW is going to license products that allow you to program macros on them they're opening the door themselves to these kinds of tactics. And if you think a lot of the top PvPers and hardcore gamers AREN'T using macros then you're only fooling yourself. Games like WoW made macros almost mandatory if you wanted to be competitive.

I personally don't use macros, but see nothing wrong with them honestly. This is just another one of the issues the community is torn over like cross-server LFG and dps meters.

I love the hate that this video has generated though all because Anna didn't try to hide his macro usage.

I don't even view those as "real" macros.

WTB- "Cast on Target's Target if Hostile or Target if Friendly" or "Cast on Focus Target" and other target oriented macros.

Edit- I've seen and done that loop cap on the first door on Voidstar a lot. I've NEVER seen an interception like that.

Edited by Coramac

Anna pulled one off today in Huttball. He screamed on Mumble, "HAHAHA I just pulled a Graun! It was the most bad *** thing ever!" It truly is a great feeling to pull those kinds of interceptions.

It's true! And I did it all without pushing a single macro button that Storm'd + Stockstrike'd + Made Me a Ham Sandwich + Did My Laundry. :D

Edited by jjgriffin

What do you use 3 buttons for damage?

Standard priority on attacks is Incendiary Round (if the target is not burning and it won't hurt my ammo regen) > HiB (whenever its off CD) > Stockstrike > Sticky Grenade > Ion Pulse spam to try and proc Ionic Accelerator > Hammer Shot to try and control my ammo regen rate. This is, of course, interspersed with Riot Strike, Storm (as an additiona interrupt, gap closer, or even just free damage), my stuns, and Pulse Cannon/Mortar Volley depending on how mobile my opponent has shown he is willing to be (for example, Operatives move around too much to bother, while Sorc's traditionally stand still and eat every AOE tick).

Edited by jjgriffin