The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

24/6/11 Tank/PvP spec

CypherDiaz

Hey guys, vanguard is all about utility in my opinon. I have tried full Assault Spec and Full Shield Spec, they both have their merits. I'm looking at this build, When i'm full shield spec I just feel like I can't enough damage, and I like having a DoT ability. I would be using Ion Cell with this build

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMGrboroMZMsZbIb0z.1

This could be modified to include "High Friction Bolts" in assault spec, does that talent stack with "Focused Impact"? meaning high impact bolt could bypass 90% of armor

Second looks a bit better. Some things you might want to consider:

-At 50 with Cent gear, you're aim will be around 98, when 95 should do. So 3 points in Steely Resolve is redundant. Personally, I'd rather have those three points in Frontline Defense and Neural Overload; or Neural Overload and Static Field.

-I haven't seen many builds (other than people going full Assault) that take Soldier's Endurance. 3% boost isn't that much IMHO: with 1600 endurance SE gives you 1648. With 1700 endurance SE gives you 1751. Again, spend those three points else where.

-At 50 with Cent gear, you're aim will be around 98, when 95 should do. So 3 points in Steely Resolve is redundant. Personally, I'd rather have those three points in Frontline Defense and Neural Overload; or Neural Overload and Static Field.

-I haven't seen many builds (other than people going full Assault) that take Soldier's Endurance. 3% boost isn't that much IMHO: with 1600 endurance SE gives you 1648. With 1700 endurance SE gives you 1751. Again, spend those three points else where.

Interesting, Idk I was looking at it from the perspective that with my current gear, SE gives me over 20k hp while I only have like 19.6k without it. I Guess it isn't that big a deal

so more like

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801GRMrboroMZMsrroZb.1

Interesting, Idk I was looking at it from the perspective that with my current gear, SE gives me over 20k hp while I only have like 19.6k without it. I Guess it isn't that big a deal

so more like

This spec is also known as the "Iron Fist" Spec as shown here

this is also the spec i use. ive tested other builds and found this one to fit me best.

I Normally focus on locking down healers so that DPS can kill the others than finish off the healers.

Edited by Kekuhaupio

so more like

Much better.

And I'd rather not call it the Iron Fist, since I had this build in mind during the beta tests, before all the "stupid" build names. ;)

I've had quite a bit of success with this type build. You won't be topping the charts in damage, but kills can be obtained quite easily. The potential to do half as much damage than the leader in WZ's, but get the most kills is very impressive. Couple this that this is great on 1vs1 with proper rotation, I find this build and other slight variations to be golden.

Much better.

And I'd rather not call it the Iron Fist, since I had this build in mind during the beta tests, before all the "stupid" build names. ;)

I've had quite a bit of success with this type build. You won't be topping the charts in damage, but kills can be obtained quite easily. The potential to do half as much damage than the leader in WZ's, but get the most kills is very impressive. Couple this that this is great on 1vs1 with proper rotation, I find this build and other slight variations to be golden.

It's Iron Fist.

It's Iron Fist.

Again, I don't want to call it the IF because other's call it so. The IF is 25/14/2, and apparently anything that resembles that build has to be called If. /sarcasm.

But, to each his own. The build works. The name doesnt.

-At 50 with Cent gear, you're aim will be around 98, when 95 should do. So 3 points in Steely Resolve is redundant.

Correct me if i am wrong, but aim and accuracy are two different things. Steely resolve increases aim(the trooper main stat) and not accuracy(of which 95 should do). So it is never redundant.

Your not wrong , 9% extra aim is win for any vanguard who cares about putting out extra sustained and burst dps.

Its just a case of what your priorities are , but i see a lot of builds now forgoing the top tier assault talents to put extra points into the lower shield tiers instead.

Yea I agree but not sure how else to utilize. As far as dots IR is a better ability than Gut...

I've had that debate in my mind for a while, but running 21/2/18 I just feel that getting the IR off at range, plus the HIB, then closing for the SS and Pulse, there quite a bit of damage released before counter attack comes into play.

I love the Gut sound, animation, but I'm really unimpressed with it as an overall attack. Its like I want to like it more than I actually do.

I would try that first spec. Running Ion is going to force 3 wasted points in assault no matter how high you go so make your peace with it. You took the armor buff which isnt going to help you much so I think I looked at that as the most easily moved points in your spec.

Correct me if i am wrong, but aim and accuracy are two different things. Steely resolve increases aim(the trooper main stat) and not accuracy(of which 95 should do). So it is never redundant.

Blarg... You're correct.

I would rather have the 2 (or 3?) points elsewhere: Usually damage mitigation or to ability that lowers the CD of Riot Strike. I've been playing with so different specs on the VG tree, I stopped taking Steely Resolve and didn't notice a change.:confused: