Class icons in PVP in 1.2

Baaddare

Personally I'm a bit sick of the lack of competition in PVP and I hope that this will allow under-skilled players to better focus me down.

Too many times I see players trying to kill a tank while I stand next to him healing. With the big green merc icon above my head maybe these players can give me and my guild something to work for instead of us stomping them into the ground in almost every match.

No class icon will differentiate between a tank, healer, or DPS. Sages can be dps/heals, Shadows can be tanks/dps, Guardians can be tanks/dps (just some examples), so I'm not really sure how some people feel that the icons will provide any advantage. If you see an icon, it still will not answer (by itself) what role the person plays in combat.

You'll still have to look at what abilities they are using to figure it out. I just don't see this feature changing anything at all (in other words, I don't see it providing some advantage to others). It's just a convenience/aesthetic factor that you can choose to turn on or off.

No class icon will differentiate between a tank, healer, or DPS. Sages can be dps/heals, Shadows can be tanks/dps, Guardians can be tanks/dps (just some examples), so I'm not really sure how some people feel that the icons will provide any advantage. If you see an icon, it still will not answer (by itself) what role the person plays in combat.

You'll still have to look at what abilities they are using to figure it out. I just don't see this feature changing anything at all (in other words, I don't see it providing some advantage to others). It's just a convenience/aesthetic factor that you can choose to turn on or off.

If they are a healing spec they have a big green icon. You can't miss it.

If they are a healing spec they have a big green icon. You can't miss it.

At first I thought that the color was indicitive of spec as well, but upon further investigation I found that the powertech icon is also colored green.

Hopefully in the future they do make the class icons color-coded for spec as well.

Edited by Nukor

On the problem about identifying healers, this is simple. When a heal is cast, you have the privilege of seeing a cast bar, and to simplify it for you, BW has decided that ALL HEALS should have a GREEN icon colour. They are the only abilities that are green, so it's simple. You see green, you interrupt it.

Stop whining about class markers. You don't have to play with them on, and as soon as you see 1 ability, by the time it matters (50) you will have learned what class has what abilities and how they look/sound, and thus, for those who have an understanding of the different classes, it is easy to pick what class you are facing.

Serious PVP'ers won't have any problem with this, and the only time it would matter, is early game pvp.

Click click click

Lol i know u trollin but i m bored so i m gonna bite into this...

Yeah u r right i do click click click... on a beauty like this

When i said u ppl infest this race i was referring more to the self centered narcissistic internet jerks that think they r above all the rest cause they "pwn" in a video game or some other meaningless activities that should never be anything more then fun to anyone. But in reality they r just so afraid someone might actually burst their overinflated ego bubble that they r wiling to fight everything and anything that could possibly pose some threat, even if in reality it is harmless. If u r good, u r still gonna be good and bad will still be bad... but baddies in disguise feel always threatened!

Anywayz good luck champ... hope u make it pro one day, u sure do deserve it, with all the pro skillz u have in ur bag....mkey!

At first I thought that the color was indicitive of spec as well, but upon further investigation I found that the powertech icon is also colored green.

Hopefully in the future they do make the class icons color-coded for spec as well.

ah did not know that it was not already coded that way. Good info to have.

Wasn't this already explained? In 1.2 you will be capable of looking like another class and keeping the correct stats/bonus's from your classes gear.

This isn't intended to make PvP more casual friendly, its a required change to keep players from disguising themselves as another class.

Thread over.

Wasn't this already explained? In 1.2 you will be capable of looking like another class and keeping the correct stats/bonus's from your classes gear.

This isn't intended to make PvP more casual friendly, its a required change to keep players from disguising themselves as another class.

Thread over.

well the word "required" would be what I and others take issue with. Nothing wrong with disguising yoursel. :)