Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

LOL vanish

Speont

I've played WoW from the beginning as Rogue. Vanish never worked properly in WoW. NEVER. And now i am playing Sith Assassin in Swtor. And the same crap here - "vanish" don't work properly. I use it with low hp - i die. What the point of this skill , if using it with low heath don't work properly? I just used it and received final strike after i used it. Guys, why no one can't make vanish work ? Is it THAT hard? Can't you just make a passive ability - while i have low hp, i can't die for 2 seconds. That will be just enough. Because i really dunno. And don't say that it will be "cheating", it's a crap - only 2 seconds, lol. Vanish is USED to save my live when i have low hp.

Spec'd correctly a marauder's force camo reduces damage taken by 100%. My bf uses this to g.t.f.o when he's about to die all the time. Don't see why they couldn't make a spec point for the other vanishes people have. Edited by ArtsyAssassin

I use Cloaking Screen + Evasion. Evasion does not stop force users from hitting you, but does stop BH/IA (and rep equiv). However, there is this thing called ability delay. You pop it, server doesn't know yet. Meanwhile, the other fellow kills you. You popped your CD (gz, its on CD now!) and you are dead. Yeah, this problem cost me wins.

In "that other game" I had it too. I popped Dispersion to soak on Warmaster HC. I did pop it, it was on CD, but I died. Because the server did not register. The log showed I popped it approx 0,016 seconds before I got hit, but the server was too late. Ever since I take it more safe, especially since we got it on farm.

Edited by Hextasy

I use "vanish" aka Force Cloak all the time and combined with Resilience (aka from DAoC "Purge") it works 100% awesomely.

Exactly when are you using it? :p After you die?

This. I have a Scoundrel, Shadow and Assassin. I like the stealth classes best. When properly used you can get out of all but the trickiest situations.

The problem I have with the out-of-combat stealth is being stealthed but still holding agro. The mobs don't pursue me (unless I de-cloak) but stuck in combat never the less. I *think* this is caused by a channeled attack or late hit after I've stealthed (maybe ability delay on the mobs).

TL;DR

I had dots on me, cloaked at 1% hp, died.

Nothing to see here folks, just herp who got derped.

Cloak works fine as does DA for scoundrels. Both have saved me literally hundreds of times. works for me + not for you = you're doing it wrong.

TL;DR

I had dots on me, cloaked at 1% hp, died.

Nothing to see here folks, just herp who got derped.

Cloak works fine as does DA for scoundrels. Both have saved me literally hundreds of times. works for me + not for you = you're doing it wrong.

I'd assume he also used it countless of times with success. He is complaining about the times it failed to save his life, and I gave him a sound reason for that. Yours (DoTs), and another one of me (stealth broke right after due to AoE) are also sound.

PS: To OP, Vanish had abilities Cloak of Shadows has; this was fixed in Cataclysm. Cloak of Shadows is supposed to remove magic effects (ie. DoTs), make you immune from them for a short while, but not bleed effects. Vanish puts you out of combat and in stealth. It works as intended, but it could suffer from same problem I had with Dispersion.

Edited by Hextasy

What OP is asking for is that he can think about hitting his Cloak and be rid of all DoTs and healing his health to 120% and be untouchable for half an eternity.

No, the Cloak works fine as it is. The "Vanish" you want is overpowered if you ask me, you want all actions that's activated same second your Cloak is, to have no effect and all DoTs removed when you enter stealth mode. Then I want my Sorcerer bubble to last 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds and I want my warrior to be able to hit through any defensive shields and I want more abilities to break stuns and so on and so on...

What OP is asking for is that he can think about hitting his Cloak and be rid of all DoTs and healing his health to 120% and be untouchable for half an eternity.

No, the Cloak works fine as it is. The "Vanish" you want is overpowered if you ask me, you want all actions that's activated same second your Cloak is, to have no effect and all DoTs removed when you enter stealth mode. Then I want my Sorcerer bubble to last 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds and I want my warrior to be able to hit through any defensive shields and I want more abilities to break stuns and so on and so on...

Ehm, well, as healer at least your bubble lasts 30 sec but the debuff 20 sec. Completely irrelevant compare to a 2m-3m CD.

And Evasion + Cloak works exactly as Cloak + Vanish.

Ehm, well, as healer at least your bubble lasts 30 sec but the debuff 20 sec. Completely irrelevant compare to a 2m-3m CD.

And Evasion + Cloak works exactly as Cloak + Vanish.

What I was trying to point out was that Ops/*** shouldn't be made invulnerable when using their "vanish" as OP suggests. If they are made untouchable then you will see that the stealth classes will become much to overpowered in WZ/PvP, since they will pop their "vanish" every single time they could and be untouchable.

i think that's ok when AoE or DoT breaks your stealth. it should be.

but i am complaining not about AoE or DoT , but about server delay ( when you use it and though receive final strike ) or when you are still in combat after used it

Helpful hint: Blind/Stun the person killing you THEN vanish. Also if you are waiting till the last second to vanish YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Throw a DOT on your target, blind them, vanish, go out of sight, heal up while your dot interrupts them from healing, restealth and pwn them.

Edited by Coyotecalls

So your OP wasn't directed at your stealth at all, but server issues?

I can follow that, but you only just mention this now. Server issues have nothing to do with your stealth ability at all. Though lag causes you to take damage after you hit your key. But that shouldn't give you 2 seconds invulnerablity, rather Bioware shoudl look into more stable servers.

The "vanish" works just fine, as long as you remember to use it before it's half a second too late, due to server lag.

i think that's ok when AoE or DoT breaks your stealth. it should be.

but i am complaining not about AoE or DoT , but about server delay ( when you use it and though receive final strike ) or when you are still in combat after used it

You can take peace in the fact that it does not happen to you alone, and not only that specific ability.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.