White and Purple color crystals

Sulluvlaki

Hello. I've heard rumors about the white and purple color crystals will be removed in 1.2.

3 questions.

1. Is it true?

2. Will they add new colors?

3. If I buy one will I still have it in 1.2?

Oh and, anyone know a release date on 1.2?

Edited by Sulluvlaki

Vendor is indeed going away. Any crystals you buy now will not be taken away from you. We are getting new crafted color crystals with 1.2 - some may indeed be what's currently on the vendor. White is supposedly going away 'forever' (unless I missed something) but I think most of us expect to see it again at some point, but not likely with 1.2.

White is supposedly going away 'forever' (unless I missed something) but I think most of us expect to see it again at some point, but not likely with 1.2.

What they have STATED is white is going away indefinitely. It may eventually come back, but not in 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4

They said it was too harsh to descrive the white crystal as being removed forever. Actually they stated that the white crystal will definitely not be back in any of the 1.2.x releases, and "maybe" return later on in 1.3... but with many point releases between now and then it will be many many months before the possibility of it coming back.

I was contemplating picking up at least a purple, maybe even a white crystal. I'm close to lvl 50 but not quite there yet... just wondering about the "War Hero" crystal vs. the +str or +end options.

I did read the description that Expertise improves your PvP effectiveness... but that's pretty vague to someone with no lvl 50 PvP playtime.

If I can only afford to buy one or two of these things, which ones? ...maybe expertise because it would benefit any class??? (assuming the rumor I hear that bound items will someday be allowed to transfer within your legacy)

Edited by XLJedi

To previous poster: Expertise crystal is beyond pointless. You get so much from gear anyway. There are no primary stat crystals (eg. strength, or willpower) so you're looking at either crit or power for DPS/heals (depending on which stat your AC or spec favors more) or endurance for tanks. Also, of all the crystals from the vendor, the only ones that are BOP are the white. I bought my girlfriend's Sorc healer a Purple crystal the day 1.1.5 dropped since it's her favorite color and she could not afford one herself.

To OP: When they remove the geologist vendor in 1.2, Artifice will be able to craft every currently available color except the black-core crystals (red/blue are from Empire/Republic respectively battlemaster/Rakata or better gear, yellow is preorder - the vendor for which the lvl 50 crystals is NOT going away, I might add - and green is obtained via purchasing Razer TOR peripherals, which are getting lvl 50 versions in 1.2) and white, which they are straight up removing.

There is no ETA on the reintroduction of White, although it will probably be something akin to Blizzard's Soon: sometime between now and the eventual heat death of the universe. Mostly likely the last patch of 1.x, or sometime in 2.x - they are running out of viable colors that aren't just difficult to distinguish rehashes (red is red, yo) so the White will be likely saved for something suitably epic somewhere along the line. Also, keep in mind that the buyable crystals as they exist now (+51 of a stat) are only equivalent to the crystal in a Columi/Champion saber - the black core crystals are better already anyway.

I feel bad for Marauders/Sentinels who have to shell out 5 million credits to get white lightsabers, though.

Edited by Diviciacus

For an Imperial player, purple +41 crystals (end/crit/power) are 125K and cyan of the same stats are 250K (it may be 250/500) - I've heard this is reversed for Republic players. The +expertise crystals tend to be a little cheaper , but I dont recall the exact numbers (125/250?). White is 2.5 million for everyone, I believe (1.5 mil for expertise i think).

For an Imperial player, purple +41 crystals (end/crit/power) are 125K and cyan of the same stats are 250K (it may be 250/500) - I've heard this is reversed for Republic players. The +expertise crystals tend to be a little cheaper , but I dont recall the exact numbers (125/250?). White is 2.5 million for everyone, I believe (1.5 mil for expertise i think).

I got my 250k purple (yes, it's like you say on the Republic side). Just to hold in reserve for that Mace Winduu alt I might create some day...

Shoot are the Cyans going too? I guess I gotta pick up a couple of those now...

...and I guess I gotta get a red one just to whip out if someone on the Imp side is showing blue in PvP. :rolleyes:

Also, keep in mind that the buyable crystals as they exist now (+51 of a stat) are only equivalent to the crystal in a Columi/Champion saber - the black core crystals are better already anyway.

... The Rakata/Battle-Master weapons have the same grade/rank colour crystal as the Columi/Champ ones, grade 56, giving +41 stat, so the ones purchaseable at the Geologist are equivalent to the best available in game from loot drops.

Dev has also stated that the +41 will be the best for the foreseeable future, so don't worry about a +50 crystal coming out in 1.2 or 1.3. They said this in response to some people wondering if there will be a new credit sink crystal right around the corner.

After that though, who knows?

I might just buy a white one, although it's too bad they're BoP

Thanks all, im guessing its not worth buying a 2.5 million color crystal then. Sure 41 End but i think the ones is 1.2 will be batter.
Nope, +41 will be tops for a number of major patch cycles.

To previous poster: Expertise crystal is beyond pointless. You get so much from gear anyway.
Remember

(1) they're basically removing the Expertise cap in 1.2

(2) all Tier weapons will be mod-rippable in 1.2, and even the BM/WH stuff comes with non-expertise crystals

What does this mean?

(1) you can, if you want, stack even more expertise than the standard WH/BM set

(2) you can, alternately, make a ghetto WH/BM gun with a PvE barrel, a +41 Expertise crystal, and some expertise-carrying Mod/Enhancement pieces ripped from a PvP armor (because PvP weapons are the most commendations)

Edited by flem

I think the crystals atm are BOP so even if you brought one just incase for a alt you cant transfer them (unless they add them as bind on legacy), I admit i brought my crystals awhile ago so havent checked if BOP is still applicable

Just the white crystals are BoP, the other purchase'able ones are BoE.

I bought a Cyan crystal for I believe 125 or 150k (Republic), mainly because I'm colorblind and it almost looks white to me :)

I have considered getting the Magenta Schematic that is for sale but will probably hold off. I was also excited that the pre-order vendor has level 50 Yellow-Black crystals but I am curious if those will disappear after 1.2.

I am pretty excited that Artifice will get a bump with the new update. My question is, are you artificer's selling the new crafted crystals right away or waiting until the market is less flooded with them?

They are only adding a few colour crystals at endgame 41 lvl I'm not entirely sure how this is meant to give artifice the endgame stuff it deserves ...

I'll hold of judgement untill 1.2 but thus far I'm only really excited about the droid that comes with legacy levels in 1.2 as it will increase my crit chance at augmented light sabers as ATM it's pants!!

There's an orange black on PTs too on the vendors and lots others I simply haven't got the time to lvl a toon to 50 on there just to see what else there is end level.