Do any other attacks have warning graphics like ours?

Kadherty

Aimed Shot has that red and yellow square so as soon as you see that on yourself los

Wounding shot has that yellow poping triangles

What other class has same issue that warns target while you are lining up your aimed shot?

In WZ as soon as I am lining it up they will just los.....

Same mechanism on the Dark Side in the comparable classes, as well as for AoE etc, I believe. It's not just this class. It also works in reverse (ie, you can make use of it too) and it's part of the way the game works.

Same mechanism on the Dark Side in the comparable classes, as well as for AoE etc, I believe. It's not just this class. It also works in reverse (ie, you can make use of it too) and it's part of the way the game works.

Which other classes give a giant indicator to the enemy when you begin targeting them besides us that allows them to react to?

Troopers sticky bomb will explode and deal damage regardless of what you do, and it's pretty much the only other skill that gives an indicator when it's on you.

Aoe is a different story.

When BH is spamming me with tracers I don't see any indication that he is targeting me before i get hit?

This is not fair.

A good indication is when they are squatting down and you start exploding.

Not all of the gunslinger attacks have a graphic.

Defending door or turret in the middle there is always 3 on 3 or more if I am in cover on top platform and lining up my aim shot to someone's back, they will know it's coming by warning red triangles and squares popping on up on them. just run behind column to LOS and there goes my 2.5 sec dmg shot.

While some BH is aiming in guys back with tracers and he has no clue it's coming till he sees 2k + 2k + HiB/.....

Defending door or turret in the middle there is always 3 on 3 or more if I am in cover on top platform and lining up my aim shot to someone's back, they will know it's coming by warning red triangles and squares popping on up on them. just run behind column to LOS and there goes my 2.5 sec dmg shot.

While some BH is aiming in guys back with tracers and he has no clue it's coming till he sees 2k + 2k + HiB/.....

If you use a talent, you can sometimes trigger a faster aimed shot through charged burst. I normally don't use aimed shot in PVP unless I have the reduced cast time because not only does the graphic cue them to the shot, but a lot can happen in 2.5 seconds.

If you use a talent, you can sometimes trigger a faster aimed shot through charged burst. I normally don't use aimed shot in PVP unless I have the reduced cast time because not only does the graphic cue them to the shot, but a lot can happen in 2.5 seconds.

I don't even have aimed shot on my toolbar anymore because of the time it takes away from dealing other damages ... plus the big warning on whoever I'm targetting. More often than not, I would've been waiting 2.4 seconds to lose LOS. Still, though, I do fine against most other snipers and gunslingers in war zones. It's all about good timing and criticals for us.

The only time I ever use Aimed Shot with the standard 2.4 seconds is if I really need to kick a melee-er away (or over a ledge). Once you get the ability to speed it up after a crit with your charged burst, it takes 1.4 seconds (presumably the reason it's 0.1 less for me is alacrity upgrades).

Not a lot of time to go running out of LoS in 1.4 seconds, and if they fail they suck up a ton of damage.

Aimed shot is great. Just need to use it right and hardly ever with its full 2.5 seconds.

The only time I ever use Aimed Shot with the standard 2.4 seconds is if I really need to kick a melee-er away (or over a ledge). Once you get the ability to speed it up after a crit with your charged burst, it takes 1.4 seconds (presumably the reason it's 0.1 less for me is alacrity upgrades).

Not a lot of time to go running out of LoS in 1.4 seconds, and if they fail they suck up a ton of damage.

Aimed shot is great. Just need to use it right and hardly ever with its full 2.5 seconds.

I am really liking this build and use it with aimed shot and sabatoge charge and shock charge. I like the exploding effects because it along with the ticking makes people LOSing you question the cover they are hiding in and keeps them moving around while giving me back some much needed energy. I use aimed a lot just setup on people in the open.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700rRrbbRkRMZMI0rRo.1

I have never really had any problems with this (I am, admittedly, not a sharpshooter so I don't use Aimed Shot all that much and Wounding Shots warning signs don't really matter considering the damage starting almost instantaneously is indication enough).

I've not seen many people make use for the warnings anyways except for the big glowing circle lightshow for XS Flyby.

Yes, this is the only time I feel like people use the warning signs, although the same goes for pretty much any ground targeted AoE. This can, however, be taken advantage of; I feel like if I start casting a flyby and then cancel it a bit into casting, people generally waste more time trying to get out of what they know is an insane damage AoE than I do casting it. Doing this while being focused is a bad idea though considering people will see you interrupting the cast.

Edited by diadox

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.