The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Whats with all the Nerf Shadows threads? Learn to be constructive.

HyperThomas

These have only just started to come up, why? Simple... people call nerfs for the class that they see as OP, from the start it was operatives, then it was sorcs, then it was mercs, now it is shadow, it seems that when a class gets nerfed, the next one in line is complained about on the forums and raged against because noobs cannot think of anything better to do. Seems like a vicious cycle that will never end.

Bottom line is, if you want to discuss class balance, don't post threads that just mindlessly call for nerfs of a class. Put some constructive effort into it. I know one thread on these forums, the poster has taken time to express his opinions, I agree with him, the class needs rebalancing, and one spec

needs a slight nerf. Infiltration/Balance tree needs a massive survivability buff, so it can actually compete with pure DPS classes (like marauder) in WZs.

This is a good constructive thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=376664

This is a thread with no constructive feedback, and just full of rage noobs calling for nerfs cause they are bad at the game:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=382477

Learn the difference, and FFS learn a class before complaining about it in threads.

You do massive dmg...You can knock us down all the time...You can wipe all DoTs away...You can take massive dmg...You can throw around taunts to reduce other peoples dmg...You can put guard on a healer making him a raid boss..You can heal with force in balance...OP much Crutch Much??

You do massive dmg...You can knock us down all the time...You can wipe all DoTs away...You can take massive dmg...You can throw around taunts to reduce other peoples dmg...You can put guard on a healer making him a raid boss..You can heal with force in balance...OP much Crutch Much??

Listing all the Shadows utility doesn't show how OP it is.

Words/phrases like massive and all the time are not precise enough.

I could list all the utility a sentinel has, but I wont.

Nothing you posted was constructive, just listing abilities, and giving your personal opinion that they are OP.

The worst part of your argument: You are talking about one spec, and if you read my post correctly, I said this particular spec needs adjusting.

Learn to read and try again.

This is a good constructive thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=376664

This is a thread with no constructive feedback, and just full of rage noobs calling for nerfs cause they are bad at the game:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=382477

Learn the difference, and FFS learn a class before complaining about it in threads.

the second thread its a total JOKE.

The first one i'm totally agree, its a constructive thread, maybe we need a balance i always think that a tank must be a tank as the healer most be a healer, if they have DPS spec they can do damage but both? are inmortals.. So yes, BW have to take a look about this.

the second thread its a total JOKE.

The first one i'm totally agree, its a constructive thread, maybe we need a balance i always think that a tank must be a tank as the healer most be a healer, if they have DPS spec they can do damage but both? are inmortals.. So yes, BW have to take a look about this.

Yeah, a rebalance is needed, it just takes a smart person to see that the entire class doesn't need to be nerfed, so many people on these forums have no idea about this class and are mainly here to just cry for nerfs.

Indeed... and it will keep going until everyone has left the game.

Pretty much.

Sorcs, mercs and operatives are already at that point.

Assassins/shadows are next since Bioware caves in to QQ from bad players. And the QQ is building up strongly for assassin nerfs.

Pretty much.

Sorcs, mercs and operatives are already at that point.

Assassins/shadows are next since Bioware caves in to QQ from bad players. And the QQ is building up strongly for assassin nerfs.

Funny thing is, nobody complained before now, Shadow Tanks in DPS gear have always been like this.

Funny thing is, nobody complained before now, Shadow Tanks in DPS gear have always been like this.

Bad players don't need a reason to cry for nerfs, they didn't when it came to nerfing several classes in 1.2 - and Bioware listens to them.

Enjoy your about-to-be-gutted spec.

Edited by Redmarx

As someone who's doing pvp all the time in swtor for past 3 months, I gotta say that I do agree that sage and commando nerfs were stupid and unneeded, but operatives practically owned everyone with ease before nerf, now good operative would still hold his ground, while bads will whine that they can't one shot ppl. And shadows, especially this hybrid, are totally absolutely ridiculously op and should be nerfed big time and asap. Merauders could use a nerf too, damage-wise mostly (I'm a sentinel on my current main btw).

These have only just started to come up, why? Simple... people call nerfs for the class that they see as OP, from the start it was operatives, then it was sorcs, then it was mercs, now it is shadow, it seems that when a class gets nerfed, the next one in line is complained about on the forums and raged against because noobs cannot think of anything better to do. Seems like a vicious cycle that will never end.

Odd, didn't see you making this post back when your class wasn't the one getting nerf threads. Same thing as marauders- spend three months crying for sorc/ops/mercs nerfs- then once they get nerfed and the attention goes to the real OP classes- sins/marauders- sins/marauders suddenly are taking the stance that it's not right to ask for nerfs.

Shocker.

Nope, we see right through you- the cycle has been started, and it'll either continue- or the nerfed classes will get the buffs they deserve to make up for what were absolutely crushing nerfs in several cases. Since it's much easier to nerf blindly- and that's what BW is doing- no reason to expect them to do differently.

Odd, didn't see you making this post back when your class wasn't the one getting nerf threads. Same thing as marauders- spend three months crying for sorc/ops/mercs nerfs- then once they get nerfed and the attention goes to the real OP classes- sins/marauders- sins/marauders suddenly are taking the stance that it's not right to ask for nerfs.

Shocker.

Nope, we see right through you- the cycle has been started, and it'll either continue- or the nerfed classes will get the buffs they deserve to make up for what were absolutely crushing nerfs in several cases. Since it's much easier to nerf blindly- and that's what BW is doing- no reason to expect them to do differently.

Actually, I was making posts about how stupid the nerfs are for sorc and merc, and I totally disagree with them, sorc is fine the way it is now, and merc never needed a nerf.

I do however agree with the first scoundrel nerf, but definitely not the 2nd and 3rd ones, they were un-needed

Don't make judgements about me that you have no clue about.

Pretty good burst when cooldowns are up, some good defensive cooldowns when they are up, no point in having a shield generator or using dark ward in PvP. There are better classes for DPS and for tanking. I love the "throw a guard on a healer=win" argument, I could say that about any tank in pvp, well any good tank.

I hope lots re roll this super mega OP class for ranked warzones I really do.

From here the nerf rotation will be: (unless BW can find a sensible way to deal with this from here)

-Shadow next (I agree, Kinetic Combat "hybrids" need a slight nerf, but the other 2 trees for Shadow need a big survivability buff)

-Marauder

-Sniper

-PT/Vanguard (again slight nerf needed for the "hybrid" spec)

-Cries will start up again for sorcs.

Not sure what after that... thoughts?

Trolling, get out, your posts are not constructive at all, and never have been.

haha - you all upset that you can't compete with your Sentinel or Commando in PvP. Cling to life to your OP shadow, and defend to the end so they don't take away your crutch.

I don't see you calling yourself "The White Sentinel" or "The White Commando" for a reason.

Edited by Asphen

haha - you all upset that you can't compete with your Sentinel or Commando in PvP. Cling to life to your OP shadow, and defend to the end so they don't take away your crutch.

I don't see you calling yourself "The White Sentinel" or "The White Commando" for a reason.

Lol, you are contradicting yourself, previously you said that I agreed KC with DPS gear needs a slight nerf (which is correct btw, this is what I believe) Now you are saying that I am clinging to my OP shadow and trying to defend it?

GJ you really are amazing.

Your credibility = 0

You cannot even explain why the class needs a nerf, you haven't even specified what spec you want to see nerfed, you are just running around threads posting +1 for Shadow/Assassin nerf

I use that phrase in my sig because it was my first character, and it is my main, just because I continue to call it my main, doesn't mean I am "clinging" to it.

I know that the KC with DPS gear needs a slight nerf, the other specs needs a buff, post something constructive for once.

Finally the fact you are resulting to claiming I am bad because I play shadow, makes it obvious you have nothing to argue left. So just do us all a favor and stop.

Edited by HyperThomas

It's the same with every MMO. Nerf this, nerf that, this is OP, that is OP. But in the long end (except for operative first nerf), NOBODY provides video's with actual proof of facerolling assassins.

Sure you see the occasional shadow/assassin video where they pwn backpeddling noobs with cent gear...great.

Pictures of assassins doing 400-500k DPS, mostly in Voidstar...also great.

It all proves nothing, since there are the same pictures from EVERY other class doing the same things, apart from protection damage. But let's be honest, out of ALL DPS done in a wz, having between 50-100k protection is quite trivial.

The problem lies with very unorganised pugs, who just spam abilities, tunnelvision players, backpeddle, click, keyboardturn, don't know their own class, let alone other classes but still come here saying they play x amount of classes which says what? Nothing

It's been said so many times: Good players adapt and work with/around things, they coöperate, read up, communicate, coördinate etc. Bad players come and whine about it, simply because they lack the capability to adapt (though they'll still tell you they did absolutely everything perfect).

It's a neverending story, because the moment things are/would be balanced, their lives would be forfeit. Without complaining they can't exist.

Another thing is that people who complain never ask real questions about things, because their mind is made up.

Eager players want to learn why they experience certain things in the game, which might be frustrating if things don't work out the way you want, but it still beats just coming on the forums and qq.

In wow I boosted alot of players to 1800-2200 in 2v2 (they still played their own accounts) on my warrior and druid. But they didn't just come for the rating, since most players wanted to learn to become better in order to get the rating with their friends or to learn their class better. And in most cases it paid off.

If you are struggling versus a class/spec/certain abilities/setups, ask the ones that kicked your butt on how to improve. I get questions like those ingame from time to time and am happy to help people get better with gameplay, class knowledge and/or positioning for example.

See players perform well on your server? mail them, whisper them for info. See imba players on video's? Make a lvl 1 alt on their server and try and get a conversation going.

Whiners don't do that...

The developers are smart. They know how to make class changes. They don't need to hear that from me.

The only thing they need to hear from me, the active player, is this: Shadows / Assassins are overpreforming.

They are more than capable of finding out why.

Since when did I disagree that the other playstyles of Shadow may need enhancment? I'm saying they have an existing, overpowered set up and it needs rebalanced.

The developers are smart. They know how to make class changes. They don't need to hear that from me.

The only thing they need to hear from me, the active player, is this: Shadows / Assassins are overpreforming.

They are more than capable of finding out why.

Since when did I disagree that the other playstyles of Shadow may need enhancment? I'm saying they have an existing, overpowered set up and it needs rebalanced.

I see, they could still use some detailed feedback on the "hybrid" spec. Try to do that, instead of posting like it seems you are calling for nerfs for the entire class. That's where the confusion is.