The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Transferring items cross faction

Nasja

So I have tried to mail stuff from 1 of my chars to another which I found out was only possible if they are both in the same faction.

Now I know you can put your item(s) on the GTN in Nar shaddaa and hope you can be quick enough to pick it up on your alt but since that is... risky (there could always be someone else buying your item) I am curious if there are other ways to transfer items or if any are upcoming in 1.2 since.. we are encouraged to create chars on both factions.

With 1.2 you will have the possibility of sending items between your alts, including crossfaction. Not sure how that goes, maybe it has something to do with Legacy unlocks (like the mailbox on your ship is a special kind of mailbox) or I heard that there's going to be a Legacy Bank as well, but not in 1.2

The neutral GTN on Nar Shaddaa works well, as long as you have a level ~16+ char on both factions. I rarely see anyone else using them, so I wouldn't be worried about people buying the stuff you want to transfer. Just remember the GTN takes 5% of the sum, and you need to wait an hour before the seller gets the credits.

Agreed on using the NS GTN in off-peak hours with both toons parked at a terminal before starting the exchange. I've never had an issue with someone nabbing my items before I was able to transfer them. I've never even seen anyone else at the terminals when I've been there.