sorc and consular knockback change please

NineInchNinja

The cooldown needs to be dramatically increased. Here's why.

Right now sorcs and consulars use the knockback whenever it's off cooldown. It's a no-skill ability that often actually HINDERS their own team.

Three times in the last match while on my operative, I had an enemy down to 25% health and then one of the sorcerers ON MY TEAM, came in and knocked them out of my range. In one case they knocked the player towards the goal line, in the other two cases the enemy was knocked off the ramps, where they healed and rejoined the fight. That's all the sorc did too. After knocking them away they ran off to do something else.

As it is now, there is no drawback for this class to constantly use this ability, which in Huttball is an extremely useful and powerful skill. Its cooldown is soooo short poor players use it whenever the cool down is up. The cool down needs to be at least doubled in order to make it a more strategic ability, used sparingly, like the operative's cloaking screen.

As it is now, there is no drawback for this class to constantly use this ability, which in Huttball is an extremely useful and powerful skill.

So what? Why should it have a drawback? It's supposed to help the sorc, not hurt him.

Lazy players will be lazy players. If it's not actually overpowered, I see no reason to change it just because some people aren't thinking. Annoying? Certainly. But if they change this, those same players will find something else to do to annoy you. All you can do is play your best and try to help them learn to play their class well (without disparaging them)

It doesnt mean there are lazy, there may something going on that you dont see. Capping a turret, placing charge on a door and there are multiple toon trying and more running in to assist. That gets nerfed and it will make it harder to help cause this stuff happens alot. I play a shadow and I dont go around just hammering on the bloody skill every time its open.

If you play class you will understand it and yeah why would there be a draw back to using a skill.

Edited by Djehuti

Er - a lot of the time in Huttball a "pointless" knockback is as good, and sometimes better than a kill.

Knock someone into the pit and they are out of play for up to 10-15 seconds, kill them and they are just gonna respawn in the path of your ball carrier.

well, it would be nice if the aoe knockback was more in line with grapple/force push CD.....

i mean, it doesnt make much sense for an aoe knockback to have a shorter CD than a single target knockback or pull.

^

20s is too short. AoE KB should be used strategically and not as a "oh it's up and there's one person beside me" *press*

Right now sorcs and consulars use the knockback whenever it's off cooldown. It's a no-skill ability that often actually HINDERS their own team.

Three times in the last match while on my operative, I had an enemy down to 25% health and then one of the sorcerers ON MY TEAM, came in and knocked them out of my range. In one case they knocked the player towards the goal line, in the other two cases the enemy was knocked off the ramps, where they healed and rejoined the fight. That's all the sorc did too. After knocking them away they ran off to do something else.

As it is now, there is no drawback for this class to constantly use this ability, which in Huttball is an extremely useful and powerful skill. Its cooldown is soooo short poor players use it whenever the cool down is up. The cool down needs to be at least doubled in order to make it a more strategic ability, used sparingly, like the operative's cloaking screen.

just because you encountered one sorc who used the ability in a way that annoyed you does not consitute a need for that ability to be nerfed.

you say the ability gets used mindlessly every time its off cooldown. i say it gets used for good reason every chance i get. for creating distance between me and an enemy, or for knocking players from platforms.

the ability is perfectly fine. its a powerful tool, but its not over powered. deal with it.

the only problem i have with there KB is that as long as they have started animation of jumping with you in front of them you will be pushed back even if you already passed them when they actually do the KB part. with my trooper when i hit kb if you are pass me by time i finish my kb animation you get shot forward. both Kb need to have same effect.

well, it would be nice if the aoe knockback was more in line with grapple/force push CD.....

i mean, it doesnt make much sense for an aoe knockback to have a shorter CD than a single target knockback or pull.

When I can knock back some one 30m, then we will talk /sigh

You realize it adds to Resolve OP right?

SO lets nurf all CC that adds to Resolve, essentially that is what you want to compensate for you lack of skill in PvP.

If anything the Consular/Inquisitor knockback is the most underpowered of the knockbacks because the incredibly long windup time between when you activate the power and when it actually goes off means most of the time you have little to no control where the person gets knocked back to.

I always laugh at sorcs using their knockback mindlessly.

Here are a few times I've seen them use it. I've tried to understand it, but I have been unable to (I'm a gunslinger).

1. I leg shot a sorc at 35 meters. Then use their knockback in place then stare at me.

2. I use hunker down, they run up and use their knockback then stare at me.

3. I'm on a ledge, they use knockback and toss me down then force lightning and stare at me as I am still in range to kill them.

4. They blow both their stuns on me, fill my resolve, then run up and use their knockback then stare at me.

The OP has a point. It's such an easily button and does give them some benefit most of the time that they have no idea how and when to actually use it. It's rotting their brain.

For the sake of the sorc players playing this game please Bioware, rework the skill. Your subscribers are losing brain cells. Stop it before it's too late.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.