Old BM Gear (with changed mods) -> to new 1.2 BM Gear (confusion)

Xyzwq

So, I was reading the forums, and I saw a thread that said, that the new 1.2 content update, does not recoginze my current BM gear, as BM gear, when I have changed my mods and enchantments.

Now, I have spend over 300.000-500.000 credits just to remove ever mod, and replace it with a better one. I made raids, just for modding my BM gear to the maximum.

I just want to know if this is true, and if yes, what can I do now?

I spend almost 2-3 month to obtain my BM gear, and it was a long way for me to get the maximum out of the gear.

If I leave my BM gear, like it is right now (changed with new mods) what will happen with the 1.2 update?

Will I get the extra expertise changes too?

Do I need to achieve new BM gear?

Do I need to restart again? :(

I still have my old mods and enchantments. Do I really need to replace everything again, just to get my gear upgraded for 1.2?

Some relyable information would be good. Sry for my poor english.

b.rgds

Honestly, just spam tickets and tie up their GMs' time asking for the gear to be changed to the new BM gear.

Keep spamming tickets until they do, unsubscribe if they don't.

Everyone does this, and you can bet they will have to find a solution.

Honestly, just spam tickets and tie up their GMs' time asking for the gear to be changed to the new BM gear.

Keep spamming tickets until they do, unsubscribe if they don't.

Everyone does this, and you can bet they will have to find a solution.

Am I supposed to put the mod back to the exact gear it belonged to? because there is really no way to tell if you have several mods in you bank!

uuummmm you do realize you can pull out all the modifactions on the item and switch them around just like you did pre 1.2 with bm to champ enhancements. Except this time they changed the stats so you can get crit and surge or power and surge, so they actually made it better.

uuummmm you do realize you can pull out all the modifactions on the item and switch them around just like you did pre 1.2 with bm to champ enhancements. Except this time they changed the stats so you can get crit and surge or power and surge, so they actually made it better.

Sorry, my gear is still loaded with accuracy since I'm a Non-Force user and we are bastard childs of Bioware,

It also would have made too much sense to have a vendor that just lets you purchase BM Gear with a BM Piece Trade in rather then go through trying to figure out if a person kept all the mods/enhancements an then hopefully have it switched over.

Edited by exphryl

I just want to know if this is true. It somehow does not sound right. There is only a minor community in the forums..

What about the people who does not know that issue (if it is real).. they are just f.ucked and will have a broken BM gear when 1.2 goes live.

Somehow that does not sound like intended, also they will have a massive amount of people who will write the support (this costs a lot for them).

Is there an official statement to this topic? It really would help.

So, I was reading the forums, and I saw a thread that said, that the new 1.2 content update, does not recoginze my current BM gear, as BM gear, when I have changed my mods and enchantments.

Now, I have spend over 300.000-500.000 credits just to remove ever mod, and replace it with a better one. I made raids, just for modding my BM gear to the maximum.

I spend almost 2-3 month to obtain my BM gear, and it was a long way for me to get the maximum out of the gear.

If I leave my BM gear, like it is right now (changed with new mods) what will happen with the 1.2 update?

Will I get the extra expertise changes too?

Do I need to achieve new BM gear?

Do I need to restart again? :(

I still have my old mods and enchantments. Do I really need to replace everything again, just to get my gear upgraded for 1.2?

Some relyable information would be good. Sry for my poor english.

b.rgds

I have had this question as well and read up on it quite a bit.

To answer your question, you will have to put back in the old mods for them to update (not the exact same mod, but the same type). There have been dev posts on the subject - don't have time to dig them out - but I can confirm that currently you will have to put back in the mod of the same type. Go to torhead or somewhere similar to figure out what mod goes in what slot. If you don't do this your BM gear will essentially be useless.

What BW should do is just replace your BM gear for the new re-itemized one - overwriting whatever mods are in there regardless of it being the right one. Yes...you'd be able to swap out for junk mods and essentially get free high level mods, but that is better than getting screwed for modifying your gear.

You need to have similar mods in your gear as the original gear has in order for those mods to be upgraded. Not the exact piece that you've extracted from the gear. If you sold the mods you extracted buy new ones and fit them on your gear, if you kept the mods just put them back in.

If they would enhance w/e mod you currently have on your gear they would lose any control over what mods will get expertise and the gear > skill bandwagon will go on even louder. Plus it will create unique mods that other players won't ever be able to acquire which will create unsolvable balance issues. So stop wasting your time poking GMs with impossible desires.

I don´t know how BW will handle the amount of people who will complain, since they do not read any forums or patch notes. They just get their gear screwed ..

I can´t believe this .. it just does not sound like it works as intended.

does someone knows when 1.2 will come, so that I can change everything accordingly

Edited by Xyzwq

Complete and utter BS!

I swapped out the bad BM enhancements and replaced them with Champ enhancements long long ago.

Now I can't upgrade to War Hero items because I don't have the "correct" Battlemaster armor? Who comes up with this junk? Of course it's a Batttlemaster armor piece. Do they even play the game that they make?

I can't imagine this going live or not having a work-around in short order. Just too dumb otherwise.

I just want to know if this is true. It somehow does not sound right. There is only a minor community in the forums..

What about the people who does not know that issue (if it is real).. they are just f.ucked and will have a broken BM gear when 1.2 goes live.

Somehow that does not sound like intended, also they will have a massive amount of people who will write the support (this costs a lot for them).

Is there an official statement to this topic? It really would help.

Here is the official response, and the latest response that I know of:

Hey, some answers.

1. Yes, we have updated the stat distribution on Rakata gear with 1.2.

2. If you have not modified your gear, it will seamlessly update the mods inside when you log into the game the first time after the patch has been applied.

3. If you have modified your gear, it will retain any changes you have made. Any mods you didn't change out will update.

4. Restoring the original mods into the item, before 1.2, will cause them to upgrade at the time of the patch.

The problem, of course, is that if you hand modified your gear, we ultimately have no way of knowing what your intention was. Maybe you wanted to use the mod you removed somewhere else, maybe you just wanted to replace it. We cannot make any assumption as to the intention of individual users when modding the item, preventing us from upgrading already modified items post fact.

TL;DR: Any 'original' mod in an updated item will upgrade with the patch. Any 'foreign' mod added to an item will be left untouched.

Hope that answers your questions.

There might be more information in that thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3534712#edit3534712

Every original mod in the BM armor gets buffed up, stats and expertise wise, that's why you want the original (or similar to original) mods back into your armor. Mods that are fitted in by the players won't get said buff but the piece of gear will still be usable and (not 100% sure so better research it further) you will be able to use it as currency to buy WH gear.

Try PTS forum for more accurate and exhaustive answers.

This seems a bit complicated for the layperson to grapple with. I would speculate that a lot of people who PvP in this game are not on these forums and therefore don't really know that this is coming in 1.2.

Now, my understanding of the mod system is to enable swapping them in and out to obtain the stats you are most attracted to. It does seem slightly odd that BW, even if not intentionally, will be inadvertently punishing people who took advantage of the system they designed. In other words, many people who changed mods have no idea that when they log in after 1.2, they will not be able to compete with others who also had BM gear.

This isn't a huge deal to me... I can get the original mods back before 1.2... but I predict a very, very grim day on the PvP forums when 1.2 hits from people who are blindsided by this information. Even if those individuals do come to the forums, there is a lot of information to read so this tidbit could be easily passed up.

Edited by Shlamorel

Now I can't upgrade to War Hero items because I don't have the "correct" Battlemaster armor?
No, this has nothing to do with the WH trade in (which requires the shell). Just the automatic acquisition of improved, higher-expertise BM mods. Edited by flem

so your system judges the armor by it's name AND mods, not name only? awful system, please l2code bioware. thank you.

QFE

How hard is it to tell the database, BM Force Mystic = These Default Mods, then upgrade to new type. If no mods present, or missing mod. or mod that is not correct level, piece is not upgraded.

Better than what they are currently proposing.

IMHO

QFE

How hard is it to tell the database, BM Force Mystic = These Default Mods, then upgrade to new type. If no mods present, or missing mod. or mod that is not correct level, piece is not upgraded.

Better than what they are currently proposing.

IMHO

Ugh??? Isn't this exactly what BW is about to do???

Complete and utter BS!

I swapped out the bad BM enhancements and replaced them with Champ enhancements long long ago.

Now I can't upgrade to War Hero items because I don't have the "correct" Battlemaster armor? Who comes up with this junk? Of course it's a Batttlemaster armor piece. Do they even play the game that they make?

I can't imagine this going live or not having a work-around in short order. Just too dumb otherwise.

Relax and come back off the ledge. You are confusing the issues here. The OP is only about the current BM mods being updated in 1.2 to have better stat allocation. If you have the original mods in, they will be upgraded tom the re-itemized versions come 1.2 (-ACC +surge for example). In you case, your armor will stay the same. If they did it any other way, everyone would just pull the mods pre 1.2 and load BM and Rakata sets with lvl10 mods and have those insta-upgraded to the 61's...

This seems a bit complicated for the layperson to grapple with. I would speculate that a lot of people who PvP in this game are not on these forums and therefore don't really know that this is coming in 1.2.

Now, my understanding of the mod system is to enable swapping them in and out to obtain the stats you are most attracted to. It does seem slightly odd that BW, even if not intentionally, will be inadvertently punishing people who took advantage of the system they designed. In other words, many people who changed mods have no idea that when they log in after 1.2, they will not be able to compete with others who also had BM gear.

This isn't a huge deal to me... I can get the original mods back before 1.2... but I predict a very, very grim day on the PvP forums when 1.2 hits from people who are blindsided by this information. Even if those individuals do come to the forums, there is a lot of information to read so this tidbit could be easily passed up.

I do agree that some people will be blindsided and will come here to complain, however I think any high level PVPer with BM gear are probably somewhat active in research and know that at least "something" is going now. Plus at the logon screen you know BW will plaster all over it that there are changes are coming.

It isn't huge deal to me as I'm only valor 38 right now. But at my current rate, right as the patch hits I should be 60 (that is if they even still use that valor scale by then ;) )

at least an information I can handle. I´ll start to undo all changes, and stop playing until 1.2 update.

Thx for all the information, I don´t see any point where BW would have the chance or the option to change the stuff.

Edit: ..

Just my opinion, but if you look at the following:

http://www.torhead.com/item/3e2fY9Y/battlemaster-force-masters-boots

Just as an gear example, there the armoring is locked. Why the hell don´t they just change the locked armoring, updating that armoring stat. So, every other stat (mod, enchantment) could be changed, the only thing which they would need is the "gear name" + "armoring" .. and since armoring can not be changed in BM gear, there is no option to change it for a player, so a 100% identifier.

I don´t get what BW did there.. The explanation that they do not want to touch the self made gear from players sound so dumb, since they just could upgrade the armoring, and leave everything else modded like it is right now.

Where is the problem? :mad:

Edited by Xyzwq

Will I get the extra expertise changes too? no

Do I need to achieve new BM gear? yes/no

Do I need to restart again? yes/no

b.rgds

let's pretend 1.2 is tomorrow... the current state of your "modded" BM gear today, will be the same tomorrow (all pieces will have +50 expertise)...

all "unmodded" BM gear after 1.2 hits will have +100 expertise

therefore, you have 3 choices:

1. spend lots of credits to put your original mods back in gear before 1.2, and it will upgrade (all pieces will have +100 expertise)

2. leave it as and only have +50 expertise per piece

3. do dailies/weeklies, and get BM comms and buy new BM pieces before 1.2 hits

FYI, in 1.2, "new" BM gear will be relatively easy to get with warzone comms

Mainhand 1700

Gloves 875

Boots 875

Belts 625

Bracers 525

Chest 1400

Legs 975

Head 1050

Ear 625

Implant 625

Implant 625

Offhand 1100

Relic 525

i personally only have 2 mods to put back in to my gear and i'm good... i am getting as many unmodded BM pieces as i can now so that i will be ahead of the game for 1.2

here's 2 good links for reference:

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/22/pvp-gearing-in-1-2/

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/27/preparing-for-patch-1-2/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.