The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

Take leveling from 1-10....awesome, great storylines, immersive worlds.

Just enough to get you into your character, just enough to get you to subscribe; but after chapter 1, I feel the storylines drop some what and you enter the same old stuff.

I respect your opinion in your post. On this one point, however, I feel compelled to comment. I have played all 8 storylines well into Chapter 2 (2 storylines I have completed Chapter 3), and the only storyline I feel the same as you about is the Smuggler storyline. Chapter One was great, then Chapter 2 straight fell on its *****. There was very little "smugglery" about Chapter 2, imho. Chapter 3 gets a little better, but still not "smugglery".

All other classes, especially the Agent storyline, seriously ramped up in Chapter 2 quite well.

This post, of course, is entirely subjective, and is from my unique standpoint. I hope you can find some joy in this game. :)

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking about suspending for awhile. I really like the game, but I have been playing much lately and well I may come back when they finally release update 2 or wait for update 1.3.

Personally, I have, too. (Thus why my post count has increased here :p )

For two reasons:

1) I don't want to get burned out, and...

2) It's time for some Mass Effect action. I'm replaying 1 and 2 with a view to playing 3.

Unsubbed, waiting for my next 2 weeks to run out.

1.2 is my reason for unsubbing. The nerfs weren't well thought out, and it goes to show that these devs have learned nothing from the past 9 years of WoW.

No, you can't have my stuff, and I'm watching for that door, ... it won't hit me on the way out.

I hope those staying have more faith in the dev team than I do.

Edited by Octavia

I feel sad to say me and a long time mmo buddy just unsubbed too,the game generally speaking just did not live up to our expectations and the huge hype generated over the years we spent waiting and looking forward for it to be released.

We were toying with the idea of sticking it out until 1.2 but a great deal of the features being added (most of which should have been in game at release) just don't do it for us.

If this wasn't Star Wars, of which i am a great fan, i doubt we would have made it past the first few weeks to be honest.

I will unsub. I'm not a fan of large guilds, but in wow that didn't matter. There was a LFD tool, and there were constantly people spamming for raids on trade chat. This game seems like a ghost town on the fleet. Just seems like if you're not in a big guild you're S.O.L.

Yes but im going to freeze it for awhile until 1.3 LFG comes out.

Yeah, I'm thinking something similar. 1.2 really doen't offer a lot of you aren't a raider. I dont'see the huge incentive for legacy yet, 1.3 looks much better.

Nope. My sub runs out in May though so....got some time yet to watch grass grow. Both Tera and D3 are coming out in May. Unless Bioware introduces 1.3 with a huge PvP revamp, Imma go ------> way to Tera, D3, and its hard for me to admit this, GW2.

Nope. My sub runs out in May though so....got some time yet to watch grass grow. Both Tera and D3 are coming out in May. Unless Bioware introduces 1.3 with a huge PvP revamp, Imma go ------> way to Tera, D3, and its hard for me to admit this, GW2.

I hope you're not expecting the PvP to be any better there. It's the players' fault it's failing. No one can decide what kind of PvP they like. Just look at the PvP poll, and read the posts. Proof positive.

No matter what any developer does, as far as PvP, people will hate it.

I hope you're not expecting the PvP to be any better there. It's the players' fault it's failing. No one can decide what kind of PvP they like. Just look at the PvP poll, and read the posts. Proof positive.

You're blaming Ilum on the players? lol

You're blaming Ilum on the players? lol

So, I reread my post several times, and I still fail to see where I typed the word "Ilum"?

Unless, of course, you're totally reading things into what I said that I didn't say. I suspect that to be the case.

Because Ilum, by far, is not the only PvP in TOR...

as I posted in another area.. my problem with the game is that there is no filler.. nothing to do just for the heck of it.. you log on.. you open the door, you kill the monster, you loot the treasure...

just like the other 100,000 people...

how about open up the space aspect of the game? how about giving each guild its own small space station they can decorate, call home, invite others to, how about SOMETHING that makes this game more than just a pvp fest... cause thats all it is.. wanna go anywhere in the game? pvp.. want the best armor? pvp, want the best weapons? pvp.. want the coolest looking stuff? pvp.. oh.. you dont like to pvp? too bad.. sucks to be you.. there is nothing more for you in this game...

I will wait till the patch... if its just gonna be a huge pvpo only based game then im gone.. ill come back in 2 years when Bioware has come to their senses and have lost enough money from people getting tired or bored doing the same thing over and over and over and over.............................

a wanna go anywhere in the game? pvp.. want the best armor? pvp, want the best weapons? pvp.. want the coolest looking stuff? pvp.. oh.. you dont like to pvp? too bad.. sucks to be you.. there is nothing more for you in this game...

Uh, no. This is a laughable statement.

I remember MMOs with good open world PvP. I PvP'd to PvP. People don't do that anymore.

It's quite sad. And to think that GW2 will be any different is incredibly ignorant.

You got that straight.

The main problem in PVP as I see it is the lack of any real effect on the world around them, and a secondary problem is the insistence on added in PVP only stats like expertise which discourages new players from PVP because of the imbalance.

Thus, PVP becomes just another loot grind.

I miss territorial PVP, like in EVE or in the old pre NGE SWG. Everyone had the equivalent ability to gear, gearing up took awhile with no cookie cutter gear/templates and everything you did had meaning.

I will level 1 or 2 more toons, then I'm gonna quit. Leveling is a LOT of fun, but end game seems pretty boring. I mean end-game doesn't seem different from WoW at all. So if I'm going to play a bad copy of a game, I'm gonna go for the original :-P

as I posted in another area.. my problem with the game is that there is no filler.. nothing to do just for the heck of it.. you log on.. you open the door, you kill the monster, you loot the treasure...

just like the other 100,000 people...

how about open up the space aspect of the game? how about giving each guild its own small space station they can decorate, call home, invite others to, how about SOMETHING that makes this game more than just a pvp fest... cause thats all it is.. wanna go anywhere in the game? pvp.. want the best armor? pvp, want the best weapons? pvp.. want the coolest looking stuff? pvp.. oh.. you dont like to pvp? too bad.. sucks to be you.. there is nothing more for you in this game...

I will wait till the patch... if its just gonna be a huge pvpo only based game then im gone.. ill come back in 2 years when Bioware has come to their senses and have lost enough money from people getting tired or bored doing the same thing over and over and over and over.............................

FYI: BioWare has an entire team dedicated to revamping the space game as we speak.

FYI: BioWare has an entire team dedicated to revamping the space game as we speak.

Is it the same team that made the first pile of junk?

Is it the same team that designed Ilum?

Is it the same team that thought 230 servers was a good idea?

Is it the same team that released a game with no guild features?

Is it the same team that decided the Hero engine was a good idea?

Is it the same team that made the first pile of junk? NO.

Is it the same team that designed Ilum? NO.

Is it the same team that thought 230 servers was a good idea? NO.

Is it the same team that released a game with no guild features? NO.

Is it the same team that decided the Hero engine was a good idea? NO.

Answers in red.

Just unsubbed, didnt think i would but im too burned out, 1.2 didnt come fast enough for me, and tbh i think it would have only delayed my departure.

The game is good, but i feel like PvP ( the reason i play MMOs) is lacking and rated WZs arent enough for me to keep paying.

I miss Open world pvp, in vanilla wow i use to get ganked so much whilst leveling in joint zones but you know what i liked it, made the game feel alive. However in this game the worlds feel stale and i rarely see any other factions ever.

It needed a dungeon finder for me from launch, im a heavy pvper but if i could que for HMs on the side i would do it, however having to form a party made it too much effort for what i wanted it to be which was a quite fun break from WZs.

I was so excited and been following this game since release, but it didnt quite cut it for me, ive enjoyed my 3ish months bt tbh if this wasnt SWTOR and i had not followed it for years i would have not subbed past month 1.

The PvP in GW2 will FAR outshine SWTOR if they don't hurry up and fix it.

Answers in red.

Just give up, stop trying to save people from leaving.

If you think the game is going to end up being the godsend of mmo's then they will come back, if it turns out it is not and you're wrong, well you look like a fool trying to keep people around.

17 days of game time is left.

if 1.2 hits before I will try it seeing that I already paid for the game time.

live and learn I will never buy any edition of a game besides the base edition anymore.

Yah me too. I've been burned enough. But the statue looks great in my collection and the CD music is great on a positive note.