Congrats BW, you finally did it.....

Darth_Solrac

You've succeeded in finally making me feel bad playing a pure DS Sith.

I got over it when I offed that cheating officer chick who leaked Intel on Balmorra. Got over leaving failed Imperial Commandos to rot in enemy prisons for their failures,

but the Nar Shadaa Bonus Series finale has proven too much.

I chose to have my Sorc. order that fleeing Republic transport (full of Rep. military family) shot down.

I struggled with clicking that option too, but wanted the DS points. Actually felt bad right after.

So I've decided to make that a turning point in my character's storyline. He just had his "wth have I done?" moment. He will still be a Dark Sorc., but will start showing streaks & eventual shades of grey too.

Edited by Darth_Solrac

Haha, yeah I love when I'm rolling in bed not able to get to sleep after playing, because of that bad decision I'm regretting, thinking about the people I (potentially) hurt. Haha...

I play almost completely neutral on my smuggler main, too. I'd never want to make a decision based on some point system. Tend to go dark side out of greed (taking bribes, pocketing objectives, etc... but go light side to avoid pointless killing).

And by the way, I think playing a mostly light side sith inquisitor is a lot more fun. You get to go against the grain more and be less cliche, and disrespect some of those insufferably arrogant sith. I wonder what the percentage of LS sorcs there are actually...

Edited by Stenrik

I know how you feel man..I know how you feel.

I don't know if I'll get another chance to take Vettes collar off, but I hope to do. >_<

(I didn't take it off after Balmorra, and now I feel bad about doing that, do you get another chance?)

Edited by JediElf

There is also a Republic quest on Corellia, you have two options.

Basically, one option is to basically blow a rocket-tram full of Imperial Military Personnel and earn a swift victory in the area, but kill many refugees trying to flee the planet in the process, or you could simply deactivate the weapons, and win control of the area the old fashioned way.

Haha, yeah I love when I'm rolling in bed not able to get to sleep after playing, because of that bad decision I'm regretting, thinking about the people I (potentially) hurt. Haha...

I play almost completely neutral on my smuggler main, too. I'd never want to make a decision based on some point system. Tend to go dark side out of greed (taking bribes, pocketing objectives, etc... but go light side to avoid pointless killing).

And by the way, I think playing a mostly light side sith inquisitor is a lot more fun. You get to go against the grain more and be less cliche, and disrespect some of those insufferably arrogant sith. I wonder what the percentage of LS sorcs there are actually...

I keep hearing the LS SI storyline is a TRAIN WRECK tho. The 1st LS Sith I'm planning is my LS Juggernaut.

I keep hearing the LS SI storyline is a TRAIN WRECK tho. The 1st LS Sith I'm planning is my LS Juggernaut.

Ah, good to know. I'm still fair low level on mine, and so far I haven't had a problem. Is it a train wreck because the storyline forces you to do bad things with no other option, but they try to dress the option up as being light?

Anyway I suppose dark troopers might have this same kind of problem, or so I've heard. So far, my vanguard's strayed from orders quite a bit, but has still come through in the end to get the mission accomplished.

Edited by Stenrik

LS Juggernaut is a blast, honestly. I actually felt pretty good about myself after I finished it at Light V and married to Vette. lol

Now, the REAL train wreck would be Agent as a pure LS. Seriously, the tactically sound decisions are pretty evenly spread out between DS and LS choices there. Same with a pure DS Agent. NOT a good way to go. For the record, my Agent is Light I and holding steady. lol

Edited by Captain_Zone

Ah, good to know. I'm still fair low level on mine, and so far I haven't had a problem. Is it a train wreck because the storyline forces you to do bad things with no other option, but they try to dress the option up as being light?

Anyway I suppose dark troopers might have this same kind of problem, or so I've heard. So far, my vanguard's strayed from orders quite a bit, but has still come through in the end to get the mission accomplished.

Well that's what I keep hearing I mean. From those who have/are playing LS SI's. A lil late for me to make my Sorc. such, so he'll just go grey a lil.

Also, this has been bugging me, how exactly are troopers having alignments now? I thought you HAD to be force sensitive to have an alignment.

I struggled with clicking that option too, but wanted the DS points.

I think it's cool you're using that as a point of character development. It says something about the storyline IMO that these decisions can be so hard to make.

However I am of the opinion that anyone who is lvl 15 or so to lvl 49 and is pure LS or DS is doing something wrong, at least in terms of character development. Once you hit 50 or what ever point you can reach LS/DS V and start reducing points for the other alignment sure.

But until then, or perhaps really until you are done with the storyline it seems unlikely that anyone would actually pick LS or DS options exclusively.

Now if you don't RP or worry about playing your character as a character, then that's different.

Well that's what I keep hearing I mean. From those who have/are playing LS SI's. A lil late for me to make my Sorc. such, so he'll just go grey a lil.

Also, this has been bugging me, how exactly are troopers having alignments now? I thought you HAD to be force sensitive to have an alignment.

I tend to think of it as "If you WERE force sensitive... You'd have X alignment" for the Troopers. Trooper decisions should really not be LS or DS, but more along the lines of "Moral Trooper" or "Less-than-Moral Trooper", though I am sure that Bioware could come up with better names.

LS Juggernaut is a blast, honestly. I actually felt pretty good about myself after I finished it at Light V and married to Vette. lol

Now, the REAL train wreck would be Agent as a pure LS. Seriously, the tactically sound decisions are pretty evenly spread out between DS and LS choices there. Same with a pure DS Agent. NOT a good way to go. For the record, my Agent is Light I and holding steady. lol

I kinda feel this way about the smuggler, too.

Many of the light side decisions don't make sense because they're way too self-less, and goody-two-shoes for a galactic outlaw. The dark side ones often don't make sense either, because I imagine most smugglers having the attitude of "you don't hurt me, I don't hurt you." Though I can more easily imagine a DS smuggler who really is more genuinely a criminal...

I think it's cool you're using that as a point of character development. It says something about the storyline IMO that these decisions can be so hard to make.

However I am of the opinion that anyone who is lvl 15 or so to lvl 49 and is pure LS or DS is doing something wrong, at least in terms of character development. Once you hit 50 or what ever point you can reach LS/DS V and start reducing points for the other alignment sure.

But until then, or perhaps really until you are done with the storyline it seems unlikely that anyone would actually pick LS or DS options exclusively.

Now if you don't RP or worry about playing your character as a character, then that's different.

Oh no, I do. I RP'd Solrac before SWTOR launched, plan on doing so again, just dunno when cuz ACTUALLY playing him is addictive lol. I mean to have his SWTOR storyline become most of what I RP him as being, doing too. Only thing I changed tween the 2 is his slave beginning. I favor my RP beginning over that. Other than that, they're linked.

My Sorc. is also 350 LSP, & bout 4800 DSP, so I get your point, knew better.

Also, as far as LS Warrior goes, I was NOT a very nice guy, even though I was being nice. Basically, the only Jedi I didn't kill were Nomen Karr since I didn't want Jaesa to go all psycho darkside on me, and Master Timmns, since he never challenged me and acted honorably. In fact, he and I ended up as friends after the mission on Belsavis. Go figure. lol

Seriously, the tactically sound decisions are pretty evenly spread out between DS and LS choices there.

I've noticed this myself on my Sniper who's currently lvl 26 and LS I, with an alignment of 1050 I think. I've actually taken a few LS choices just to get a bit of a buffer in case I find any LS I items.

I play her as someone who's loyal to the Empire, not the Sith and does what is in the best interest of the Empire. Taking all LS or DS options would be as you say a bad idea, because often the DS or LS options are not in the best interest of the Empire.

It is interesting that both of us who are seemingly playing our Agents sorta the same way are both LS I and not DS I. That might say something about the Empire as a whole...

On a semi-related note I played though the first 12 levels as a Inquisitor and about 15 or so minutes into that character, so still lvl 1... I wanted to force choke/force lightning pretty much everyone I met. :D There's little question my Inquisitor who will be recreated as an assassin... Will be pretty pure DS before the end.

Edited by VanorDM

I've noticed this myself on my Sniper who's currently lvl 26 and LS I, with an alignment of 1050 I think. I've actually taken a few LS choices just to get a bit of a buffer in case I find any LS I items.

I play her as someone who's loyal to the Empire, not the Sith and does what is in the best interest of the Empire. Taking all LS or DS options would be as you say a bad idea, because often the DS or LS options are not in the best interest of the Empire.

It is interesting that both of us who are seemingly playing our Agents sorta the same way are both LS I and not DS I. That might say something about the Empire as a whole...

On a semi-related note I played though the first 12 levels as a Inquisitor and about 15 or so minutes into that character, so still lvl 1... I wanted to force choke/force lightning pretty much everyone I met. :D There's little question my Inquisitor who will be recreated as an assassin... Will be pretty pure DS before the end.

Especially Harkun! He is in dire need of a lightning-charged lightsaber en*ma, imo.

After I gave that order, envisioned (insert any shuttle disaster here). I hit Esc. too late.

I hear ya. I've been using gifts on Kaliyo since I did that one and opted not to destroy them. Also if I remember right, Khem being honorable, doesn't like it when you give the kill order on the SI. I actually gained affection with him for letting them go, I think. It's been a while, though.

I hear ya. I've been using gifts on Kaliyo since I did that one and opted not to destroy them. Also if I remember right, Khem being honorable, doesn't like it when you give the kill order on the SI. I actually gained affection with him for letting them go, I think. It's been a while, though.

Naw, Khem is all bout strength, & teh bloody tasty death. I gained affection with him when I ordered that.

I have since tried to start atoning. I let Gyl's merc guards go, & made him forgive all of that Escalus girl's debts she owed em.

I am full on dark side so I have no problem with any of these choices. But I'm a nice guy to imperials and allies in convo's, until they cross me. I took vette's collar off first thing, all my people love me, yadda yadda. But I'm a crazy freaking murderer Edited by Processj

I just hope I get another chance to take off Vettes shock collar, it was kinda fun at first but...now I feel like a jerk. >_<

There will be a point in her storyline when you'll have to take the collar off to get it going so no worry, you'll HAVE to take it off eventually. :p

I play an almost completely LS sith sorcerer and she's as nasty as can be to Imperials and other Sith but polite to other people; she refuses quests, telling one Sith that she won't commit war crimes and refused to shoot down any ships full of civilians. The responses I get from her snarky replies to those 'in charge' are hilarious and at this point one of the main reason I play her.

I wish there was an option (maybe there is) at the end of her story, to tell the Impire and the sith to 'shove it'.

And yes, the Sith in the story line are insufferably arrogant. I love being disrespectful.

Oh, and her only darkside points come from killing other Sith, lol.

Naw, Khem is all bout strength, & teh bloody tasty death. I gained affection with him when I ordered that.

I have since tried to start atoning. I let Gyl's merc guards go, & made him forgive all of that Escalus girl's debts she owed em.

You're right! I was actually using Andronikus on that one. He's not one for senseless slaughter if civilians. No profit in it. It had been a while, but I just logged him in and he had Andy with him. I hadn't changed companions since the Bonus Series on NS.

Agent Lightside 4 @37 :D So far, 200 Darkside Points... 100 of them for letting Chance croak at my feet (but god, it felt good)...and there will be a few more Points coming till Storyend, cause all who did what he did, will die miserably.

Otherwise my Agent is very nice and forgiving though, letting beaten enemies escape, cheat sith off ther prey, spare civilians, etc... but the "Team" of Act 2... will die.

Edited by Kheldras

Funny you say this, because after I leveled two pure DS characters to 50 and was playing another two also going for DS, I felt so sick with myself that I changed my DS IA (who just got Vector as a companion) to LS and neutral which really feels refreshing and proper from a conscience/moral point of view + Vector's affection since he's such a diplomat.

On my pure DS characters I did chose several LS options, usually related to npc's that were too cute or charming to murder. :D

Edited by StormNaara