anyone else think we should have had 2 tank tree ?

Varlak

Marauder have 3dps spec and jug have 2. anyone else thinl we should be able to choose betwin more then a single spec for tanking ? Not so much choice for a tanl player while dps players have many differente playstile optoon to choose from

Not really. Why do you need more than one tank tree? What would you put in it?

e: What I'm saying is, how many different ways can you flavor damage reduction and avoidance talents? The different tank AC's already inject their own flavor, it would be really tough to then sub-split each tanking class in to more unique options. As a Juggy, I am the mitigation tank...if they gave me a Mitigation tree and an Avoidance tree, why have the Shadow/Assassin, which are the avoidance tanks?

Edited by JediGnome

Right now we have a tanking tree, a bleed dps tree, and a burst dps tree. The burst dps tree is also the shared tree, so if we lost the vengeance tree then we wouldn't really have a competitive raid dps tree.

Plus, you only need 2 tanks in a 16 man operation.

Edited by Lord_Itharius

I think one tank tree is just fine, but they need to actually move some of the tanking abilities from Vengeance into Immortal IMO...These are my opinions, all might not agree, but oh well..

VENGEANCE STUFF

Unstoppable: Damage reduction / Immunity to interupts and controls, great for tank

Huddle: An endurance increase. nice for tanking...

Deafening Defense: Pure damage reduction, another nice tanking ability...

IMMORTAL STUFF

Heavy Handed: DPS increase

Seems they have a lot of defensive talents in the DPS tree and a DPS increase in the Tank tree...Bleh!

I'd personally like to see them change a few things in the immortal tree. We have a lot of filler skills and not enough stuff to help tank. Having a talent that increased the area of affect on smash and caused it to become a moderate threat ability would be nice.

Hopefully when the changes come for Jugs/Guards they do a bit of moving around. Overall, love the class, but some extra aoe threat would be nice...

I believe those skills in Veng are meant for PvP, to give the tree a bit more survivability. I'm ok with them where they are. And we definitely don't need two tanking trees. They just need to tighten up the Immortal tree a bit. Something that boosts threat on smash would be tremendous. Reduce the cooldown on Backhand, and maybe crushing blow. But dear god they better not touch Force Grip.

Right now we have a tanking tree, a bleed dps tree, and a burst dps tree. The burst dps tree is also the shared tree, so if we lost the vengeance tree then we wouldn't really have a competitive raid dps tree.

Plus, you only need 2 tanks in a 16 man operation.

Please don't call vengeance a bleed tree. It brings shame to the very idea of a dot tree. The dots are pathetically weak and do not scale well at all. Shatter is the only decent dot but it takes too long to run its duration.

Absolutely 0 need for a second tanking tree. What exactly would that achieve?

As for defensive talents in Vengeance, they're great for improving survivability in any situation and Immortal needs offensive talents to help improve threat generation.

Vengeance is not a DoT based tree, a few of its abilities have a DoT component but it is most definitely a direct damage spec.

Shadow/Assassin is NOT, I repeat NOT an Avoidance tanking spec. They are regular tanks who just happen to have 5% higher base defense/dodge (I forget which.)

Edited by Primalthirst

Imo, all 3 trees in Juggernaut are already tank trees. Its just that Immortal is "extra tanky". I'm quite certain you can tank all the way to endgame (and offtank endgame itself) using Vengeance or Rage.

Only if you want your healers to be over stressed. there is so much loss in tankiness when you don't go immortal that you statement makes me laugh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.