The one pyrotech/assault tree nerf

Hokonoso

What is the point? I fail to see the logic of changing it this way. IMO it would make more sense to simply make raill shot/high impact bolt cost 0 heat/ammo and have a 6s cooldown once you get this talent and have the correct cylinder active... because right now it's a lie!

Currently on live you have a 30%/45% chance to proc with 0 icd on the proc, on test the chance is unknown (says higher than 30%/45% but we all know the cake is a lie) and basically making rail shot/high impact bolt unusable for up to 12 seconds!!!

This is all fine and dandy if your goal is to lower dps, but this is the ONLY heat/ammo management tool that these classes get while in this spec... don't you think they should have some way to manage their only resource? I really hope the devs either make this do what it says or change it to something more reasonable cause right now it's not working as intended and needs to be looked at.

While I REALLY and I mean REALLY hate the change to make it a 6 sec cooldown (Remember after the cooldown expires you still need "fish" for procs meaning you'll be railshotting approximately every 9 secs) I don't want for Bioware to do what you said first...

Mercs get a 0 cost railshot (if you count the heat dissipation/sec) thats just not our stuff, our stuff was RNG, we were the luck class... I would really like it to stay that way :(

While I REALLY and I mean REALLY hate the change to make it a 6 sec cooldown (Remember after the cooldown expires you still need "fish" for procs meaning you'll be railshotting approximately every 9 secs) I don't want for Bioware to do what you said first...

Mercs get a 0 cost railshot (if you count the heat dissipation/sec) thats just not our stuff, our stuff was RNG, we were the luck class... I would really like it to stay that way :(

yea i agree, i prefer nothing changed at all, and my main is a sorc, it's always nice knowing that 1 class out there will wtfpwn my arse if i dont run and hide. but the new change just seems like it drops their dps in half due to heat management!!! doesnt make sense to me :(

imo there are better ways to lower the dmg if that is the problem.

New rotation will look like this:

(assuming 2 GCDs per PPA proc, best case)

Opener:

TD-->(-5)IM(-5)-->RS(-5)-->FB(-5)-->RP(-3)-->RS(-11)--> (Will be at approx ~50 heat with natural heat venting)

Post opener:

AA(-5)-->AA(-5)-->(down to 40 heat)FB(-5)-->FB(-5)-->RS(-11)-->(51 heat)AA-->AA-->FB-->RP

Basically, we'll be floating around ~50 heat following this exact rotation of only 3 different abilities; and also assuming we don't have any bad RNG.

It allows very little room for using TD/IM/FB outside of this rotation, which makes me very sad.