Probability of BW listening to feedback before 1.2?

Jakeswed

So up until now when the patch notes hit the PTS, it's pretty much final and any testing or feedback by players are ignored.

So what are the odds there will be some changes to class balance before the patch? or should I just quit now?

Why don't you actually try the changes before thinking about quitting....

Everyone, please read this again and again!

(Excuses about why people don't try the changes will be 'justified' below)

Edited by xGBox

Everyone, please read this again and again!

(Excuses about why people don't try the changes will be 'justified' below)

If I would have applied to copy my character I would be testing more, but as stands I just slowly level a character that I don't care about for the title and to see the new UI changes, etc.

I do enjoy the game, but do not want to level on the PTS.

Edit:

I wouldn't have responded, but your (...) inspired me.

:D

Edited by Azzras

So yeah, they killed scoundrel, both in pve and pvp. it's my favorite class. Whats the point of me waiting around and wasting my time to see it?

I've read alot of the feedback on these changes by people who tested it. Feel its been constructive enough for you to take your "test it out blabla" and shove it.

So yeah, they killed scoundrel, both in pve and pvp. it's my favorite class. Whats the point of me waiting around and wasting my time to see it?

I've read alot of the feedback on these changes by people who tested it. Feel its been constructive enough for you to take your "test it out blabla" and shove it.

They have not killed scoundrel at all, i have tested a scoundrel on pts and i have a lvl 50 scoundrel on main. the only diffrence is in the effectivness of healing as they were to powerful as healers. Its called balance and people complained it was to easy but yet when they adjust it to the correct dificulty people now complain its too hard.

Adapt or die simple as that.

So up until now when the patch notes hit the PTS, it's pretty much final and any testing or feedback by players are ignored.

So what are the odds there will be some changes to class balance before the patch? or should I just quit now?

If you follow the PTS threads, or devtracker, I see them listening to a lot of feedback and making adjustments accordingly.

Now, feedback that demands changes to classes that in their analysis of play and player feedback is not fair or balanced, probably not. But then, that's not feedback, it's making demands.

Feedback they clearly listen to. Demands, not so much.

I've read it also, and the people who have actually tested it have said it's not the end of the world. The classes still work.

1.3 will bring a lot of joy I think... 1.5 could be a huge expansion.. at 2.0 it could be the king of MMOs (if real spaceflight is part of it)

Honestly with the given evidence of how fast this game is progressing in content per 2 months in a year I could see this being 10x better than it is now.

Honestly with the given evidence of how fast this game is progressing in content per 2 months in a year I could see this being 10x better than it is now.

Except they suck at class balance. They could add 20 operations and flashpoints it won't matter.

Here's the thing, the community is often wrong about their opinions on such things as balance and so forth. The purpose of the PTS is to iron out bugs and for fine tuning of the new bosses. No, they'll probably not listen to feedback unless it's some major outrage.

You know, that's a darn good point...I keep flailing about and trying to keep my head up with the endgame life but yeah, if they keep this up we could be in for alot of cool stuff through the year/years to come.

Sorry a bit off topic heh.

nuh uh, they killed them dead!! <cries>

anyone who thinks a company would go out of thier way to completely disable 1 of 8 (2 of 16) choices and risk losing that many subscriptions is crazy. Yes, my class is getting tweaked as well (focus guardian) to be brought in line with the other classes... should I rage quit before I even try it as well??

Edit: Really they suck at balance?? This is one of the most balanced MMO's I've ever played, but I guess thats just my opinion.

Edited by DarkhawkXY

Zero chance. Bioware doesn't change patches in any significant way after they hit the PTS.

If Georg Zoeller's posts are to be believed (and why wouldn't they?), they are actually listening and plan to make adjustments this time around.

If Georg Zoeller's posts are to be believed (and why wouldn't they?), they are actually listening and plan to make adjustments this time around.

Where would I find those comments? On the forum?

Why would they start now? They haven't listened to one actual community issue, they're to busy ping ponging the game from a single player RPG to an MMO RPG then back again to keep the subs up month to month.

If you follow the PTS threads, or devtracker, I see them listening to a lot of feedback and making adjustments accordingly.

Now, feedback that demands changes to classes that in their analysis of play and player feedback is not fair or balanced, probably not. But then, that's not feedback, it's making demands.

Feedback they clearly listen to. Demands, not so much.

Sadly, most of the people talking about "BW ignoring feedback" do not understand the difference between feedback and a demand (which is obvious from many posts in this thread alone heh)...

Well said post though =)

Edited by Balrizangor

Why don't you actually try the changes before thinking about quitting....

Because some people can read. Make very good estimated opinions on changes and whats coming down the line and then decided it's not for them or if they like it.

You do it all the time I'm sure with reviews to:

movies you think about watching

food you see on menus

or even people you meet

You form an opinion on what you see and not always by what you do. Video games are no different. There are tons of games people will never get that are great games but if the box didn't catch your eye, then you likely wont by it. It could even be a feature in the game you just don't particularly like so you skip it.

Then there are tons of games that are crap but the box sold you on it. Game tuned out to be crap. I believe gamefly is basing there entire concept on that. If you don't like it just return it.

Same here. If there is a change you don't like and it turns your fun game playing into something not so fun. They some will quit (or return the game so to speak).

Thats the problem with changing things and claiming it's all for balance. There is the chance you will lose players over it. (but there is a chance you might gain some as well)

Edited by Quraswren

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.