Screenshot - Champion PVP Set + Battlemaster Ligthsaber. Serious?

Eommer

There is no argument, thats the lore theyve used SWToR is based 3500 years before the arrival of Darth Vader, I didnt write the lore bud I just quoted it...and if the war has raged for 4000 years what time do you think they would have had to increase technology if the gear they have is being used and either oneside or the other is constantly destroying the labs and science building were this stuff is researched?? Advancing technology would be slower always is during war.

There is no argument, thats the lore theyve used SWToR is based 3500 years before the arrival of Darth Vader, I didnt write the lore bud I just quoted it...and if the war has raged for 4000 years what time do you think they would have had to increase technology if the gear they have is being used and either oneside or the other is constantly destroying the labs and science building were this stuff is researched?? Advancing technology would be slower always is during war.

Advancing tech its NOT slower at war times. our history show us that. our technology advanced far more in war times. in second war we got the base computers, jet aircrafts, bomb atomic etc etc etc. Many historians talk about it. In my college time I remember a workpaper about this. The human brain is more creative in times of war. Sad but true.

back to star wars...

I understand thats lore. Im not argument that. this 4000 years talk its a HUGE GAP to me. but thats for me. Jedi and Sith orders are like religions. They follow the traditions. Im pretty sure that clothes would not change so much for this orders.

Edited by Eommer

see the spikes on the shoulder prevent a lightsaber from decapitation... The metal is lightsaber resistent....

yah i'm going with that.

This is probably closer to the truth more than anything. Darth Vader's suit was built to withstand a lightsaber hit as well. It isn't outrageous like those spikes, but with them you have a lot more movement than Vader does. He sacrificed a lot of movement for that protective armor.

When it comes to Star Wars armor, they (in their world) think of such things.

So the clothes must be different because that 3000 timeline right? If is that so, what about the others thing? If you compare with the films, the technology has not evolved. same cars, weapons, misc devices, ships, etc. whats your explanation for that? its a looong time dont you think? Serious, in 3000 the weapons, cars, ships did evolved at all? The only thing that change was a armor with spikes to robes? If they had ships able to travel the entire galaxy 3500 years ago by the time of movies they will not need ships just use something like teletransport. And I will not even talk about what kind weapons we should have...

This argument is invalid if you look to the entire picture.

Dude, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Technology advances at a much slower rate than fashion, design trends, and clothing. Design styles change every few months sometimes.

So the clothes must be different because that 3000 timeline right? If is that so, what about the others thing? If you compare with the films, the technology has not evolved. same cars, weapons, misc devices, ships, etc. whats your explanation for that? its a looong time dont you think? Serious, in 3000 the weapons, cars, ships did evolved at all? The only thing that change was a armor with spikes to robes? If they had ships able to travel the entire galaxy 3500 years ago by the time of movies they will not need ships just use something like teletransport. And I will not even talk about what kind weapons we should have...

This argument is invalid if you look to the entire picture.

I will not belabor this point with an extensive answer, as others in many other threads for several years now have already done.

Basically, however, the Star Wars universe is in a technological plateau. You have to go back to the Great Hyperspace War and beyond to get different technology. Anything much beyond that is within this plateau. Fashions change, but the technology has effectively reached its peak and so it remains more or less the same.

I find the answers on this thread very funny, especially those trying to defend the design decisions made by Bioware. 3000 or 10000 years, lore or no lore does not matter, it is plain common sense that people should not put spikes or other weird tube like extrusions at least in the back of their armor as that will make sitting on a chair... well lets say not very pleasant! Please do enlighten me on the SW lore, di they have chairs back then?

IMO, people need to realize that to a great extend SWTOR aimed at WoW's crowd.... and we all know how exaggerated the armor sets in that game are...

Do you realize how big a time span 3,000 years is? It's unfathomable.

Do you know what Unfathomable means? A fathom being a unit of measurement usually used in nautical terms, unfathomable being water that was too deep to be measured. 3,000 years is an exact measurement of time, so completely fathomable.

If you want to look like a jedi or a sith from the movies, go find the multitude of orange moddable armor in the game that fits that description. There's plenty of it out there if you could be bothered to look.

I have both a 400 Synthweaver and a 400 Armormech with a plethora of orange moddable schematics thanks.

Ps. plethora = lots FYI

Edited by Gadzuki

IMO, people need to realize that to a great extend SWTOR aimed at WoW's crowd.... and we all know how exaggerated the armor sets in that game are...

exactly. amen!

Even if the lore is correct, whatever, sometimes you have to remember thats a game and theres people paying to play. remodel this armor to look less "tribal" will not harm that much the lore and will make alot customers more happy.

Like I said before my guild has more then 250 active members. Theres like 2 or 3 in vent that is happy with they current pvp or rakata set design. Bioware has to use the common sense for this things and stop with this exaggerated armors.

what about they make a pool asking if people are happy?

I open this post because I have a Jugg, but so far, I think almost classes needs a revamp on armor design. Many others classes has armors with exaggerated designs too, I agree. I think the huge problem is this TRIBAL mentality. Helms in this game are particularly worse. Did you saw the Darth Baras helm? Serious, I can believe someone was proud with his job after design that.

For Jugg, if they remove that spikes and put a black/red cap or hood on will please way more people then now...

I really think that Bioware should make polls about this main armors. Start a thread with 2 or 3 different sets and let players vote for 2 or 3 days. No other company has made that so far so I think it would be a great advantage for the company

you guys realize that post 1.2 you can change all mods

in the pvp gear and run around in the orange gear

you like most?

as for me - i LOVE the jugg pvp set. probably going to

throw my pve mods in another empty pvp set.

i don't like the black core sabers tho - nothing

beats purple or red.

it's just a matter of personal preference and different

tastes.

and hey - look at the JK tron meets samurai looks.

those guys got serious reasons to complain imo.

Why are most of you using subjective opinions as something more than personal preference?

Here OP. I'll prove your entire point false with one simple statement: I disagree with you. There you're wrong. Why? Because your entire point, along with the majority of other people here is based on personal preference.

Me? I LOVE Darth Baras' helm. I thought he looked intimidating. Me? Don't know what you are talking about Robes, but my Sith Marauder currently wears the stereotypical robes of a Sith, and since it is Custom, I'm still wearing it at lvl 46, despite being an item from under lvl 20.

I LOVE the look of the Champion/Battlemaster PvP gear for Sith Warriors. Darth Marr looks amazing in my honest opinion, and hey, if you got what you wanted, then there would be virtually ZERO variety.

Seriously. This is an mmo. It NEEDS to have item variety. We just can't have every piece of gear being that of what you see from Star Wars films that end no more than 3 hours later.

This issue you speak of OP is PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

If Bioware's Armor Artists took the spikes off the PvP gear, I would personally be displeased. It's what happens in a game like this. Find me one game, ONE where the ENTIRE player community UNANIMOUSLY liked the look of the armor. If you can, then your point is worth arguing. There is no single standard of fashion.

Edited by Alasteir

Do you know what Unfathomable means? A fathom being a unit of measurement usually used in nautical terms, unfathomable being water that was too deep to be measured. 3,000 years is an exact measurement of time, so completely fathomable.

Ps. plethora = lots FYI

You don't have any clue *** you are talking about. Since your vocabulary is obviously lacking, you would do well by cracking open a dictionary and making sure the argument that you have primed doesn't end up making you look like a jackhole.

Fathom, like many words, has multiple meanings. It is indeed a unit of nautical depth measurement, but also is used as a verb to mean to understand or comprehend something. So unfathomable, while indeed meaning 'unable to measure the depth of', also (and usually, after all most people aren't sailors) can mean 'unable to comprehend' in that particular verb-derived form.

A little bit of thought given to comparing the two meanings of the word would show you just how similar the concepts are anyway. While one meaning of the word pertains to being unable to measure the physical depth of', the other can be thought to mean 'unable to measure the depth of concept'.

Edited by DoctorNordo

Find me one game, ONE where the ENTIRE player community UNANIMOUSLY liked the look of the armor. If you can, then your point is worth arguing. There is no single standard of fashion.

I never said that unanimously is possible. Even with orange gear available for pvp set in 1.2 my last idea was make a poll asking the community. I respect your taste with Darth Baras and Spikes, but like I said almost 90% of people that I know dont like too, but maybe its just my friends too, so again, for main sets like pvp and raid set, i think bioware should make a poll. its better pleasure 51% players then 49%.

I never said that unanimously is possible. Even with orange gear available for pvp set in 1.2 my last idea was make a poll asking the community. I respect your taste with Darth Baras and Spikes, but like I said almost 90% of people that I know dont like too, but maybe its just my friends too, so again, for main sets like pvp and raid set, i think bioware should make a poll. its better pleasure 51% players then 49%.

Yeah I do believe that there should be a large variety of armor, so we aren't forced to wear the best gear that some of us might just downright detest. Like the Tier Gear. I personally HATE the look of the Tier Gear, so in 1.2, like another poster stated, I'm going to be using mods for PvE in my Battlemaster PvP gear.

I think the Artists should devote their time to making a bunch of unique armor sets (which is partly being solved in 1.2 with the removable mods and stuff).