Armor Design Competition

LDucheMagnifico

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you :D

anyone else have supporting ideas?

Something that just crossed my mind: we should have contests based on designing armors for a given advanced class. It seems to me that most whinning about armors and looks in this game is tied to the fact that both advanced classes share the same gear when they sometimes have a very different feeling (sorcerer and assassin for example, have a really distinguished gameplay and feeling). :)

This is a great idea; direct community involvement, especially with regard to content development, is a good way to build a better game community and draw more people in. It can also be used to get those who are playing the game in isolation to come out of their shell.

Something that just crossed my mind: we should have contests based on designing armors for a given advanced class. It seems to me that most whinning about armors and looks in this game is tied to the fact that both advanced classes share the same gear when they sometimes have a very different feeling (sorcerer and assassin for example, have a really distinguished gameplay and feeling). :)
Yes, please; this is an awesome direction to take this thread. The need is somewhat being recognized by the Knight and Warrior Legacy armors coming in 1.2, but it needs to addressed and develop further. Edited by HeavensAgent

The armor design in this game is atrocious. Absolutely atrocious, the designers need help from the community, those horrible samurai helmets, the hobo looking consular gear, those weird operative helmets

this is the old republic those "hobo" gear are the gear that jedi use to be more quick and there are no samurai gear in star wars.

but good idea:cool:

Edited by TaanDarkri

this is the old republic those "hobo" gear are the gear that jedi use to be more quick and there are no samurai gear in star wars.

but good idea:cool:

They still look like hobo clothing either way. And the samurai helmet im talking about is the jedi guardian pvp helmet with the matching scooba diving looking armor they wear

This...is actually a genuinely well thought out idea :eek:

This, right here.

Sadly, I'm not good at design so I'll probably not enter =( Best thing I can think of are reskins, such as a light blue reskin of the Imperial hooligan armor set for smugglers.

We should have those contests anyways, even if Bioware does not intend to participate at first. If it turns out to be something popular then that could inspire them and they could eventually be interested in taking part in the competition. :)

We should have those contests anyways, even if Bioware does not intend to participate at first. If it turns out to be something popular then that could inspire them and they could eventually be interested in taking part in the competition. :)
You make a very good suggestion within a suggestion. There's no reason not to have player-organized contests of this nature. The community is filled with creative folks who like to get their artistic expression on. Edited by HeavensAgent

You make a very good suggestion within a suggestion. There's no reason not to have player-organized contests of this nature. The community is filled with creative folks who like to get their artistic expression on.

Exactly, we could have a dedicated thread in the community section of this forum for artists to show their designs and then hold a poll on a third party website where we'd be referencing them. We could provide a direct link to the poll in the thread as well as in our signature (we could advertize the thread in our signature as well so that people get to hear about this contest. I'm currently studying in a business school and what I've learned from project management is that the hardest part of it is to keep people aware of what's going on).

Each participant would only be allowed one design per session and that one would be given a unique reference related to the username so that it doesn't get too much complicated to remember which one you wanted to vote for. As far as the time limit for the contest is concerned I don't really now which duration would be ideal. Two or three weeks, maybe a month...not quite sure how much time it takes to make those designs, I'm everything but skilled at being creative. :D

First thing however is do determine how many people would be interested in taking part in those contests.

Questions to those who already replied in favor of this competition and to those who haven't yet:

Would you like to have armor design contests? Would you only be voting or would you be a designer as well ?

For my part, I'd only be voting since I'm really bad at drawing and have like zero imagination. :D

Edited by dnoisette

im sure more people have seen the new armor designs now that we're updated. any new thoughts?

Yea, my thoughts are that the Legacy stuff is just rehashed crap of older armor pieces and nothing fresh and new or innovative. Second, with regard to the new end game PvP and PvE gear it is quite obvious the art team wants to work on DA:3 and not SW:TOR. We are suppose dto be living our iconic Star Wars fantasy, instead the devs give us some kind of weird Bio-Organism Star Craft fantasy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.