Operative Healers Post 1.2

Spyde

My scoundrel healer has the most self-survivability compared to my commando. The commando is so easily locked down and doesn't have as many ways to escape/defend.

There are many different skills/abilities but these are my favorite in pvp.

Scoundrel vs Commando

[scoundrel] Surprise Comeback: 2% health every 3 secs for... forever.

[Commando] Adrenaline Rush: 15% health over 12 secs (2 min cd).

[scoundrel] Tendon Blast: 50% slow for 12 sec (12 sec cd)

[Commando] Concussive Shot: Single target cc that breaks on damage (2 sec cast and 60 sec cd). Its interrupted 99% of the time or breaks due to aoe/dots leaving you with the cd.

[scoundrel] Dirty Kick: 4 sec stun (45 sec cd). Can spec for 30 sec cd and 30% movement for 4 secs.

[Commando] Cryo Grenade: 4 sec stun (60 sec cd).

[scoundrel] Defense Screen: Absorbs damage for 15 sec (45 sec cd).

[scoundrel] Dodge: Avoid 100% melee/range attacks for 3 secs (60 sec cd)

[Commando] Combat Shield + Reactive Shield: Immune to interrupts and damage reduced by 25% for 12 secs (2 min cd).

[scoundrel] Flash Grenade: Blinds up to 5 people for 8 secs (60 sec cd), breaks on damage.

[Commando] Concussion Charge: Pushback 5 targets and 4 sec slow (30 sec cd).

[scoundrel] Triage: Purges 2 negative physical/tech/mental effects (4 sec cd), also a small heal.

[Commando] Field Aid: Removes negative physical/tech/mental effects (4.5 sec cd).

Scoundrels also get:

Sneaky: +15% constant in-combat movement speed.

Disappearing Act + Sneak: Vanish and find a more discrete locale (3 min cd). Bai!

Basic comparison of healing scenarios:

[scoundrel] Stack hots before combat, get Upperhand, pop Pungency, stack hots on group, spam Emergency Medpack all day. Throw out an Underworld Medicine or two if things get hairy. If you get focused start kiting with your +15% movement speed, use defensive cds, slow/cc, and keep the hots + EMP rolling. Or, you can just vanish and set up shop somewhere else.

[Commando] Bacta Infusion has a 21 sec cd and Trauma Probe is a tiny heal every 3 secs when hit. Kolto Bomb is a very small 3 target heal + 10% healing buff. You can also do a Tech Override + Medical Probe every 2 mins which makes it instant. You absolutely rely on casted heals so you're very easy to lock down. When a commando is being focused its pretty much GG after the reactive shield is gone - if it wasn't on cd to begin with.

Being able to move/los is huge damage mitigation. Commandos were not designed to be mobile but they do not have the defense/capability to heal in place. Trying to relocate can equate to death and not moving usually results in the same. I consistently have a lower death count and higher healing output on my scoundrel.

You say, "I can't kill commando/merc healers!" You have to time your interrupts between stuns. Reactive Shield? Stun him and kill his buddy. They are basically useless if they can't cast. You can't interrupt a hot or EMP from a scoundrel and you probably aren't going to catch them either.

I'm absolutely baffled scoundrel healing is getting buffed while commando healing will be nerfed. Combat medics will essentially be useless in 1.2, pve and pvp.

Edited by Ronaya

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My scoundrel healer has the most self-survivability compared to my commando. The commando is so easily locked down and doesn't have as many ways to escape/defend.

There are many different skills/abilities but these are my favorite in pvp.

Scoundrel vs Commando

[scoundrel] Surprise Comeback: 2% health every 3 secs for... forever.

[Commando] Adrenaline Rush: 15% health over 12 secs (2 min cd).

[scoundrel] Tendon Blast: 50% slow for 12 sec (12 sec cd)

[Commando] Concussive Shot: Single target cc that breaks on damage (2 sec cast and 60 sec cd). Its interrupted 99% of the time or breaks due to aoe/dots leaving you with the cd.

[scoundrel] Dirty Kick: 4 sec stun (45 sec cd). Can spec for 30 sec cd and 30% movement for 4 secs.

[Commando] Cryo Grenade: 4 sec stun (60 sec cd).

[scoundrel] Defense Screen: Absorbs damage for 15 sec (45 sec cd).

[scoundrel] Dodge: Avoid 100% melee/range attacks for 3 secs (60 sec cd)

[Commando] Combat Shield + Reactive Shield: Immune to interrupts and damage reduced by 25% for 12 secs (2 min cd).

[scoundrel] Flash Grenade: Blinds up to 5 people for 8 secs (60 sec cd), breaks on damage.

[Commando] Concussion Charge: Pushback 5 targets and 4 sec slow (30 sec cd).

[scoundrel] Triage: Purges 2 negative physical/tech/mental effects (4 sec cd), also a small heal.

[Commando] Field Aid: Removes negative physical/tech/mental effects (4.5 sec cd).

Scoundrels also get:

Sneaky: +15% constant in-combat movement speed.

Disappearing Act + Sneak: Vanish and find a more discrete locale (3 min cd). Bai!

Basic comparison of healing scenarios:

[scoundrel] Stack hots before combat, get Upperhand, pop Pungency, stack hots on group, spam Emergency Medpack all day. Throw out an Underworld Medicine or two if things get hairy. If you get focused start kiting with your +15% movement speed, use defensive cds, slow/cc, and keep the hots + EMP rolling. Or, you can just vanish and set up shop somewhere else.

[Commando] Bacta Infusion has a 21 sec cd and Trauma Probe is a tiny heal every 3 secs when hit. Kolto Bomb is a very small 3 target heal + 10% healing buff. You can also do a Tech Override + Medical Probe every 2 mins which makes it instant. You absolutely rely on casted heals so you're very easy to lock down. When a commando is being focused its pretty much GG after the reactive shield is gone - if it wasn't on cd to begin with.

Being able to move/los is huge damage mitigation. Commandos were not designed to be mobile but they do not have the defense/capability to heal in place. Trying to relocate can equate to death and not moving usually results in the same. I consistently have a lower death count and higher healing output on my scoundrel.

You say, "I can't kill commando/merc healers!" You have to time your interrupts between stuns. Reactive Shield? Stun him and kill his buddy. They are basically useless if they can't cast. You can't interrupt a hot or EMP from a scoundrel and you probably aren't going to catch them either.

I'm absolutely baffled scoundrel healing is getting buffed while commando healing will be nerfed. Combat medics will essentially be useless in 1.2, pve and pvp.

U never play as scoundrel are u? Coz half of this is a joke.

My ops healer is extremely difficult to kill. Generally I have to have more than one person nailing me or really bad timing. With a quick flash bang (or debilitate) and break to stealth, I can at least get some distance. Use LoS to give a regen break and then back in for heals while the foe has to lured off somewhere else. Most people just give up. Being as mobile as possible keeps people from really noticing how much your healing tho.

I also rank top almost every fight and only in champ gear. Sorc has much larger pool of an energy, but that is being changed so ops will be a bit more competitive in that respect but They certainly are a force to be dealt with in current pvp.

Operative healers, at least on my server (canderous ordo) are very rare. Personally, i think we're the best pvp healers out there. This is because we are nearly impossible to kill, and its nearly impossible to kill someone we're healing.

It works like this. when a warzone starts, I stealth to where i know the heaviest fighting will be. I wait for all parties to engage. After I'm pretty sure I won't be focus targeted, I throw HoTs on the players who have started to take damage. RN+ 2xKP works wonders to keep melee up.

What people don't understand is that PVP is NOT about healing efficency, like PVE is. With that in mind, RN becomes not only an AOE heal, but an additional tool for keeping the guy who's getting focused up.

Now, it has been mentioned previously that operatives lack burst healing. this is true. Happily, we don't need burst healing. period. you can heal virtually anyone through 2-3 enemies damage with full HoTs and surgical probe spam. I only use Injection when someone is above 30% but below 75% hitpoints

the 1.2 buff is going to make the bad operatives into good operatives, and the good operatives unstoppable.

Looks like if patch goes live like this, the healers performance in pvp will be

Operative >> Commando >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sage

Operative are already the best of the best healers in game, followed by commando and then sages (the worst healer already, now made completely useless in patch notes).

Still have hopes that BW change is mind tough about sages.

In order to kill an Operative healer, you need to have 2-3 dedicated DPS switch onto him when he gets low, and pray he doesn't have another healer / guard on him. Otherwise, they're nigh impossible to burst down with Surgical probe.

You're dead in 5 seconds with 2-3 dps on you who know how to use their stuns, knock backs and interrupts.

Yesterday I went from 100% hp to dead in under 5 seconds several times while CCed.

Once they see you're a healer, prepare for lots of pain.

At 7:02 he has no less than 3 dots/bleed effects on him, triage dispels up to 2 effects which it did.

You win at math sir.

Way to prove....absolutely nothing.

Triage working as intended.

Jesus this guy still insists on mental=force subject. Apparently you have no clue on game mechanisms. I suggest you start over by learning your class.

Let's summarize it.

Sorcs/Sages can cleanse : Force - mental , and physical if specced

Merc/Comm can cleanse : Tech - physical , and mental if specced

Op/Sc can cleanse : Tech - physical , and mental if specced

As you can see each class can cleanse 3 types of debuffs, but not the ones of the opposing type i.d. techs cannot cure force and vice versa.

Mental effects are not force effects, if you still believe they are well you're a troll. You can keep posting but you only prove me right.

A few examples of what mental effects are :

SW/JK aoe mezz

BH/TR single mezz

etc etc

Will the changes be enough to make them good pvp healers ?

Thoughts ?

I think they should remove the heal debuff when we use disappearing act. Other than that, the new patch should improve the inconsistency of upper hand procs.

The main issue with scoundrel is resource management. In rated Warzones a focused scoundrel will never get an underworld medicine cast off and hopefully this patch will ensure they don't need to. Scoundrels will be energy starved otherwise.

I, like everyone else, think the healer/tank combo will be essential to warzones and every team will have two of each. Abilities like grapple will be huge for getting healers out of guard range just long enough to focus down. Disappearing act is the wild card here and its value in this particular situation might put them on top.

I don't even know what's going on in this thread, but i'm going to use it as a podium to complain.

Why doesn't dodge remove that damn bounty hunter detonator debuff? You know the one that explodes a few seconds after impact. It's damn annoying. I mean if i have that debuff on me i have to waste both defensive screen and dodge to perform a clean vanish and even then if it crits it'll damage through my defensive screen and take me out of stealth.

Also it can't be removed by triage, that doesn't make any sense. It's a detonator and detonators are a form of technology, that should count as a tech debuff, damn it!

Edited by namelless

I don't even know what's going on in this thread, but i'm going to use it as a podium to complain.

Why doesn't dodge remove that damn bounty hunter detonator debuff? You know the one that explodes a few seconds after impact. It's damn annoying. I mean if i have that debuff on me i have to waste both defensive screen and dodge to perform a clean vanish and even then if it crits it'll damage through my defensive screen and take me out of stealth.

Also it can't be removed by triage, that doesn't make any sense. It's a detonator and detonators are a form of technology, that should count as a tech debuff, damn it!

Because evasion clearly states that only removes ''removeable'' debuffs. Detonator cannot be cleansed or removed. Now whether it needs to be removeable or not , BW has made it so for class factor purposes. For example they don't have an interrupt ability.

@ _Morholt_

You have been told you are wrong tons of times already in this thread, but I'd like to add another.

I have a rank 73 Sorc, madness spec, and a rank 61 Operative full heal spec, and can without a doubt 100%'ly tell you that an Operative CANNOT EVER dispel a Sorcs dots such as Affliction, Creeping Terror, and Crushing Darkness, EXCEPT with Evasion.

Evasion is the ONLY way to remove them.

You are flat out unbelievably wrong.

Give it up already.

Why havent you made a video where you dispel a sorcs dots bro?

lol.

Edited by Wheelerific