Here we go..rate the HEALS classes post 1.2

Letsjet

You could just wait until 1.2 goes live on servers when a significantly larger number of people are playing with the changes and see what the feedback is and make the decision for yourself.

Edited by Songweaver

Basically every new thread in here concerns the 1.2 changes and the current/soon-to-be state of the three healing classes. Instead of cluttering up the forum with a thread for arbitrarily ranking healers with changes people haven't played based on subjective and incomplete data you could look look through it yourself, form an opinion and add to those threads in some sort of constructive manner.

Patch 1.2 changes most classes. I'm in the mood to run a dps or heals.

Since my Sage got hit squarly in the head with the nerf bat...

After patch 1.2 comes up who is:

And why?

The answer to this question is

1. no one

2. is left

3. cause healing sucks

Bioware is about to break the game for a lot of people and drop subscriptions in half.

HEY BIOWARE IF YOU HATE HEALERS MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE AN FPS OR SOMETHING!

Edited by HellionX

1. no one

2. is left

3. cause healing sucks

Bioware is about to break the game for a lot of people and drop subscriptions in half.

arsenal mercs - you won't actually be able to tell that they're not healers, because they'll be shooting green bolts at you just like a "real" healer anyways.

1.2 - revenge of the autoattack!

Ok, I'll give a serious answer:

1) Sage - They were the best before 1.2 and the nerf to Commando healers is at least as large as the nerf to Sages

2) Scoundrel - Significant buffs to resource management combined with the nerfs to Sages and Commandos bring Scoundrels in line with the other two healing classes

3) Commando - The nerfs to Commando throughput and resource use/management are going to cripple them relative to their past capabilities. Their AoE heal is still the worst in the game and they still lack an in-combat res.

Overall, Commandos aren't as far behind the other two as Scoundrels were before 1.2, so 1.2 does improve balance between the healers. In general, healing got a nerf relative to other roles. I certainly wouldn't run out and scrap your Sage unless you want to give up healing altogether.

Edited by Dzhokhar

1. no one

2. is left

3. cause healing sucks

This here is basically the reason for my original post >.>

Folks, there is zero other directions these forms of threads can go.

This here is basically the reason for my original post >.>

Folks, there is zero other directions these forms of threads can go.

ohhh oh the moral and ethical center of the universe has arrived. Some would call my post miserable. I call them passionate, and you have the air of a fanboi.

I am too old and have seen too many things go so very sideways with mmo's over the last 15 years. I absolutely loath when the (PATCH THAT FIXES EVERYTHING) happens in these games. Rarely does it fix a thing, mostly it just ruins the fun for the other half of folks who play. Look back through the history of MMO's. Very few have come out of the (DON'T WORRY THIS WILL MAKE THE GAME GREAT AND FIX EVERYTHING) patch with a higher subscription than before the patch. I just can't believe that people don't learn from it. The reason I'm so mad is i have seen it countless times before yet DEV's still do it. It's the hight of insanity.

Edited by HellionX

ohhh oh the moral and ethical center of the universe has arrived. Some would call my post miserable. I call them passionate, and you have the air of a fanboi.

I am too old and have seen too many things go so very sideways with mmo's over the last 15 years. I absolutely loath when the (PATCH THAT FIXES EVERYTHING) happens in these games. Rarely does it fix a thing, mostly it just ruins the fun for the other half of folks who play. Look back through the history of MMO's. Very few have come out of the (DON'T WORRY THIS WILL MAKE THE GAME GREAT AND FIX EVERYTHING) patch with a higher subscription than before the patch. I just can't believe that people don't learn from it. The reason I'm so mad is i have seen it countless times before yet DEV's still do it. It's the hight of insanity.

The point is, of course, posts like yours do nothing for the cause you are supposedly passionate about. Developers respond well to thought out, measured responses with constructive feedback and thoroughly tested (preferably proven) results.

For people who are truly passionate about the game, these kind of posts are disheartening to see as they are the reason these forums get a bad name and push the good posts further out of the developers reach.

For people who are truly passionate about the game, these kind of posts are disheartening to see as they are the reason these forums get a bad name and push the good posts further out of the developers reach.

Salient point in bold.

PS: @Hellionx your "fanboi" is currently unsubscribed until it sees how the healer changes pan out.

The point is, of course, posts like yours do nothing for the cause you are supposedly passionate about. Developers respond well to thought out, measured responses with constructive feedback and thoroughly tested (preferably proven) results.

Developers respond to who ever pays them. They could care less about "what I have found" and the totally biased and non-factual theory craft "look at these numbers". Thats what they have their "game testers" for. Also as a side note, how are people theory crafting with no counters available? Believe what you will but I know from personal experience. Don't fool yourself. Be loud be brutal and let them know they will lose money. This is what companies understand.

Developers respond to who ever pays them. They could care less about "what I have found" and the totally biased and non-factual theory craft "look at these numbers". Thats what they have their "game testers" for. Also as a side note, how are people theory crafting with no counters available? Believe what you will but I know from personal experience. Don't fool yourself. Be loud be brutal and let them know they will lose money. This is what companies understand.

Has it occurred to you that the reason developers could give a monkeys what goes on on their forums is BECAUSE of the unwashed masses using it as a medium to vent and declare the arbitrarily chosen sums of money the developers are sure to lose?

Totally "bias'd and non-factual" theory-crafting and discussion > totally bias'd and non-factual forum whining.

Edited by CaptainApop

Specifically for pvp:

1. Scoundrel - no cast time spike healing + rolling hots. No heals to interrupt with the buffs. Good CC and get out of focus fire ability to stay in the fight. When guarded and kiting around will be much harder to kill then they are now.

2. Sage - Insta cast shield, good CC and get away from focus ability. Nerfs to cast times and efficieny will hurt them in the long run. Will be much less effective then they are now...probably similar to the average CM currently in live due to still having the best AE healing in the game.

3. CM - Limited CC and no way to get away + nerfed survivability mean they will get focused down first. Extreme nerfs to ammo regen/efficiency (double dip nerfs) will mean that healing output will end 10-15 seconds into the fight. The need for green beam usage will be like an arrow pointing to the easy kill. Lack of interrupt is a huge disadvantage for rated warzones when interrupts are the difference between winning and losing.

• 2 weeks later...
You could just wait until 1.2 goes live on servers when a significantly larger number of people are playing with the changes and see what the feedback is and make the decision for yourself.

lame ... read topic

this is theory crafting fun. take your green trolling text else where!

lame ... read topic

this is theory crafting fun. take your green trolling text else where!

BLASPHEMY!

That color is clearly CYAN. :p

As to the topic:

1) Marauder/Sentinel

2) Assassin/Shadow

3) all of the other non-healer classes/specs (they have medpacks!)

4) all classes dual-boxed AFK bot with a ship droid as a healer

4) Sorc/Sage healer

5) the other healers

I ranked them in terms of fun.

1.) Sorc

2.) Merc

3.) Agent

Sorc obviously is the best still with Merc's and Agent's fighting for #2 with the mercs winning

Agent Healing only fix is better secondary resource management and a better aoe heal - while Mercs were nerfed

So in conclusion Mercs are still second with Agents close behind when before we weren't close at all

So yes bow down to the mighty sorc god for they still are gods among men healing wise

p.s This is strictly PvE - if it was PvP it would be

1.) Sorc

2.) Agent

3.) Merc

Edited by Riggz

Has it occurred to you that the reason developers could give a monkeys what goes on on their forums is BECAUSE of the unwashed masses using it as a medium to vent and declare the arbitrarily chosen sums of money the developers are sure to lose?

Totally "bias'd and non-factual" theory-crafting and discussion > totally bias'd and non-factual forum whining.

Cool story bro,

Just wait and see. I won't argue, The proof as they say will be in the pudding

... :D

Cool story bro,

Just wait and see. I won't argue, The proof as they say will be in the pudding

... :D

to be fair, the bad players will not notice the difference. "hmm, i guess i'm out of resources again, time to jump around"

you only feel the difference when you're playing at max potential. that's when you noticed the ceiling has been lowered.

if you're already playing at the bottom, lowering the ceiling has no effect on you.

to be fair, the bad players will not notice the difference. "hmm, i guess i'm out of resources again, time to jump around"

you only feel the difference when you're playing at max potential. that's when you noticed the ceiling has been lowered.

if you're already playing at the bottom, lowering the ceiling has no effect on you.

<Insert Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom "We... are going... TO DIE. :(" meme here>

Edited by Xaearth

Overall, Commandos aren't as far behind the other two as Scoundrels were before 1.2, so 1.2 does improve balance between the healers. .

I dont know man, I have to say my Scoundrel healer has felt very powerful compared to the other classes since launch. I think it all depends on your own skill set and what your strengths are. I have always played healing classes in other games, but I always enjoyed the playstyle of a rogue, the scoundrel has combined those things and it has been a good class choice for me personally. I have always been able to compete with the other 2 classes in terms of numbers in warzones, and utility in ops. I am not sure you can say one class is any better than the other in this game, as they are different in the hands of different people.