Make it STOP!

Velarax

OK. This really HAS to change. I thought the whole benefit of having your crew members do farming and production was to free the player from the tedium of doing it themselves.

Good plan.

But, execution... not so good.

Apart from the fact that each task takes a ridiculously long time (in game anything over 2 minutes is stupid long) every time a gathering task is completed, your companion not only INTERRUPTS whatever you happen to be doing, but TERMINATES any process you might have been involved with at the time. Closes bank and inventory window; Closes mail you were composing; closes gear window... etc. you get the point.

Can't these material turnins be secondary layered? Seriously this has got to stop... it's getting so the only time I will even bother doing crew tasks is from aboard my ship when they can't interrupt or wreck anything.

PLEASE *begging* fix this.

OK. This really HAS to change. I thought the whole benefit of having your crew members do farming and production was to free the player from the tedium of doing it themselves.

Good plan.

Apart from the fact that each task takes a ridiculously long time (in game anything over 2 minutes is stupid long) every time a gathering task is completed, your companion not only INTERRUPTS whatever you happen to be doing, but TERMINATES any process you might have been involved with at the time. Closes bank and inventory window; Closes mail you were composing; closes gear window... etc. you get the point.

Can't these material turnins be secondary layered? Seriously this has got to stop... it's getting so the only time I will even bother doing crew tasks is from aboard my ship when they can't interrupt or wreck anything.

Take a look at 1.2

Good plan.

Pretty sure the 1.2 notes clearly say that the popup windows for crew skills will no longer appear if you are in combat or close other windows already open? Something like that...

Edited by Staalker

Good plan.

You are crying about something that already has a fix coming in 1.2

Pretty sure the 1.2 notes clearly say that the popup windows for crew skills will no longer appear if you are in combat or close other windows already open? Something like that...

Yes, there will be an option in your preferences to prevent the popups.

Yeah, the window issue is taken care of in 1.2. As for the missions taking a lot of time, that's taken care of when you get more than one companion. From then on, you can quest with one companion while your other companions are running missions or crafting things. At that point, the time requirements don't really affect your ability to do other things.

Another thing to remember is that your crew can perform missions and crafting while you are offline. So if you need to craft any items that take a long time or go on any of the really long crew missions, you can start your companions doing those and then log off and let your crew do their thing while you do something else.

Was going to bump an older thread about the same issue but didn't when someone said it'll be fixed in 1.2 so..........patience and suck it up. I'm having the same issue and it is getting very irritating. Been playing around with various windows only to have them barge in rudely in person or via the "holocummunicator".

also the higher level missions are stupidly expensive, especially with the crafting mission that arent farmable and have to be gotten through sending out companions. Underworld, thunthing, diplo, investigation. Silly expensive + silly time consuming = silly squared..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.