1.2 RE Armormech Bracers/belts/boots/gloves

Nezyrworks

Hello. There is a rather important question some people are afraid to ask about.

After 1.2 will i be able to learn, as an armormech, recipes for orange bracers, boots, gloves and belts from RE the item, or i will be still locked down by not having this opportunity? The question reason is obvious in my opinion - i want my character to look like i want still being able to produce those items for my guild mates or just for sale.

Edited by Nezyrworks

This is starting to piss me off, because i don't really know if i will be able to learn those oranges or i should sell them on GTM (got 5 identical bracers for trooper, 7 boots, 3 identical belts and 8 identical gloves)... and if i will not get the recipes i just wasted 1.7 million creds... Edited by Nezyrworks

From The Devlog: http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20120320

"Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance, which may now gain an augment slot when crafted with critical success."

If 1.2 only allows craftable orange legs, chest and head while sidelining wrists, hands, feet and waist they should probably change the quotation to:

"Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer less than half of the modifiable outfits into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance, which may now gain an augment slot when crafted with critical success."

Marketing-wise that doesn't have quite as nice a ring to it. :p

"Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance, which may now gain an augment slot when crafted with critical success."

If 1.2 only allows craftable orange legs, chest and head while sidelining wrists, hands, feet and waist they should probably change the quotation to:

"Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer less than half of the modifiable outfits into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance, which may now gain an augment slot when crafted with critical success."

Hehe, and you belive they are honest? Well i doubt that now you will have a chance to learn orange schematic from orange drop item, and i know for sure you will not have a chance to RE quest items (even when i can get one of those items a day from heroics....)

Right now Armormech seems to be a little bit of a downer like most of us have found out, but I must admit that it is a decent source of money when it is needed. However I'm wondering if the next patch will make it a bit easier to create better armor for those of us who need it. I'm still working on getting my skills up so I know that i won't be creating anything majorly epic, but even for some of the lower level gear you can make, it needs a little overhaul. Open for discussion feel free to post your opinions

Hehe, and you belive they are honest? Well i doubt that now you will have a chance to learn orange schematic from orange drop item, and i know for sure you will not have a chance to RE quest items (even when i can get one of those items a day from heroics....)

Fun Bioware, no really.

Implying promise then failing to deliver is sure to be a feature.

RE, can we please see it work on test, please please?

RE an item that can be modded(orange/prototype/artifact items that have slots) -> get back empty orange item( same item/name but all slots are empty) + a possible augment slot ( if crit).

This is what I interpret from the patch notes. But I could be wrong since the patch notes are still being updated. Well, there's a new icon to show if there's a research-able schematic for 1.2 RE anyway.

Edited by Roguehwz

This is starting to piss me off, because i don't really know if i will be able to learn those oranges or i should sell them on GTM (got 5 identical bracers for trooper, 7 boots, 3 identical belts and 8 identical gloves)... and if i will not get the recipes i just wasted 1.7 million creds...

No you won't be able to RE them and get schematics.

"Because we do not want players to gamble with reverse engineering custom appearances (orange items) which are often unique quest rewards, the schematics for these items are obtained via mission discoveries for various gathering skills and are set to Bind on Equip to encourage active trading".

No you won't be able to RE them and get schematics.

"Because we do not want players to gamble with reverse engineering custom appearances (orange items) which are often unique quest rewards, the schematics for these items are obtained via mission discoveries for various gathering skills and are set to Bind on Equip to encourage active trading".

Ye, i had found the Q&A myself. It's still lame, because i have no idea if i will get boots, bracers, belts and gloves as orange schematics, or i will still have to gather/buy those...

Well "almost any" excludes every single orange piece that is a quest reward, which is quite a lot.

Well "almost any" excludes every single orange piece that is a quest reward, which is quite a lot.
And apparently flashpoint drops as well. And social gear.

I would love a list from BioWare of the new schematics being added. I have my doubts that they are adding enough schematics to make up for the fact that we cannot RE quest/social/flashpoint items into schematics.

Ye, i had found the Q&A myself. It's still lame, because i have no idea if i will get boots, bracers, belts and gloves as orange schematics, or i will still have to gather/buy those...

I hope they add those as UT schematic drops, not just more head, chest and legs.

Fun Bioware, no really.

Implying promise then failing to deliver is sure to be a feature.

RE, can we please see it work on test, please please?

You mean like when bioware announced they were fixing the AOE mortal marker of the trooper to match the footprint of the ability, and then proceeded to nerf the size of the ability a 38%?

Hilarious, I tell you. Hilarious.

You mean like when bioware announced they were fixing the AOE mortal marker of the trooper to match the footprint of the ability, and then proceeded to nerf the size of the ability a 38%?

Hilarious, I tell you. Hilarious.

The question that should be asked: *** Bioware?

They had changed animation and instead of making the marker bigger they had reduced the range... brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

No you can't RE any orange gear and obtain the orange schematic.

The only orange schematics for Gloves and Boots are from the pvp schematic set boxes. Orange Bracers and Belts still can't be crafted at all.

Edited by Rhaphael

But the honesty and integrity is irreplaceable.

No you can't RE any orange gear and obtain the orange schematic.

The only orange schematics for Gloves and Boots are from the pvp schematic set boxes. Orange Bracers and Belts still can't be crafted at all.

This post is month old. I do know all of for 2 weeks now...

Very dissappointed that all this talk about RE and basicly we have nothing more than what we started with as far as appearance. Was hoping to craft some orange bracers and belts, guess im stuck with the clone looks.

This is starting to piss me off, because i don't really know if i will be able to learn those oranges or i should sell them on GTM (got 5 identical bracers for trooper, 7 boots, 3 identical belts and 8 identical gloves)... and if i will not get the recipes i just wasted 1.7 million creds...

Ya, you did. We were conned. We cant take just any modable armor, RE it and learn to make it. only certain end game ones.

So... , what the hell.

No Orange boots, bracers, gloves or belts can be made by armormech. They can't be learned, RE'd or discovered or gathered.

And yet almost every craft has got a lot of new mods (augments) schematics, specifically to put in armor aug slots that are crit crafted by synth/armormech crafters.

Except some mention of valor 60/70 pvp armour.

Hmm

Ok for the slow of thinking;

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ORANGE ARMOR ON MY ARMORMECH CRAFTER, INCLUDING BELTS, BRACERS, BOOTS AND GLOVES. IS THIS EVER GOING TO HAPPEN?

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!