Stuns, interrupts are insane in this game

MrDurkaDurka

A couple things.

1) you have terrible positioning. If you notice that they are spamming knockbacks and you don't position yourself to get pushed into a wall instead of off a ledge, LoS'ing your team in the process.

2) fail self casts. When you have nothing or an enemy selected, you auto target yourself with friendly skills, you should therefore never miss a cast on yourself.

3) you move when you should be healing, a lot. You cast a heal on a person, then you wadwadwadawas before you cast your next heal, often letting them die in the process. What is more, you will often complete casting on a person when they die 1/8 of the way into your cast instead of breaking cast and switching targets.

4) when 4 people focus fire 1 person, they are going to die. End of story, that should not change, ever. While I might agree that the number of stuns/knockdowns/interrupts given to individual classes might be imbalanced and need addressing, I in no way feel that you should be able to survive a beatdown given by 4 or even 2 equally geared characters, period.

Just some suggestions to hopefully help your game play. Mercs have flaws, and could use some love but... *Waves hand* these are not the complaints you are looking for.

The resolve system does work. Learn it, and you will understand how to predict it. It's a new system for a lot of people, but it just takes some getting used to. I know when to stun, and when not to stun opponents.

Also there is an option in preferences to put the resolve bar on other player's nameplates.

I can only use 2 stuns before filling up someone's resolve bar. I know how to plan my attacks when I do use them. Typically I only get one stun to work, because they use their break ability.

Edited by monkgryphon

The biggest problem with the pvp combat in this game is the insufferable amount of knockbacks, too many classes have it and the cds are way to short. I don't mind interupts but flying all over the place constantly is so incredibly stupid.

The biggest problem with the pvp combat in this game is the insufferable amount of knockbacks, too many classes have it and the cds are way to short. I don't mind interupts but flying all over the place constantly is so incredibly stupid.

In order for some of these people to get shorter cooldowns on some of their abilities, they generally have to sacrifice in other fields. They may have more knockbacks, but I'm sure they're lacking in survivability or even DPS.

Edited by monkgryphon

In order for some of these people to get shorter cooldowns on some of their abilities, they generally have to sacrifice in other fields. They may have more knockbacks, but I'm sure they're lacking in survivability or even DPS.

I dont care if they have to run naked down the main street to lower the cd on their knockbacks.

There are way to many of them overall, period.

Edited by davidpop

Then give them something they lack in other fields instead and remove the knockbacks. Assassins doesn't need(shouldn't have) a knockback for example.

I dont care if they have to run naked down the main street to lower the cd on their knockbacks.

There are way to many of them overall, period.

Every class should have an AoE knockback, I think it makes PVP a lot more fun.

Are you talking about ones like the sniper's skill that adds knockback to snipe if used within 10m?

Are you talking about ones like the sniper's skill that adds knockback to snipe if used within 10m?

How can you possibly think that?

/pukes

I knew someone was gonna say this.

So I generally like to run around my opponent while I'm attacking them, unless they run too. . .then it's like we're chasing each other lol. But when I leap up to someone, like a trooper or sorc. I know they have a knock back.

So I position myself correctly and attack that way. Sometimes it doesn't work and they out-maneuver me. But typically they just smash their knockback as soon as I leap to them, and by that time I've already setup my position and am able to stay on the ledge(in huttball for example).

This is just a learn to play issue. It doesn't take long to figure out how you wanna position yourself in relation to someone who can use a knockback.

Me too! It makes it more unpredictable. . .even though it can be frustrating at times. And is hysterical from an outsider's point of view(like watching livestreams or various pvp videos).

This is just a learn to play issue. It doesn't take long to figure out how you wanna position yourself in relation to someone who can use a knockback.

That's pretty much it. Learn the resolve system, learn the knockback abilities of each class, learn positioning so you survive a bit better.

The only time I get pissed off from knockbacks are when an Assassin comes out of stealth and knocks me back. I have no time to react to something like that. Also they're always setup next to a bridge or fire pit for maximum trololol effect. Edited by Kinediks

I knew someone was gonna say this.

So I generally like to run around my opponent while I'm attacking them, unless they run too. . .then it's like we're chasing each other lol. But when I leap up to someone, like a trooper or sorc. I know they have a knock back.

So I position myself correctly and attack that way. Sometimes it doesn't work and they out-maneuver me. But typically they just smash their knockback as soon as I leap to them, and by that time I've already setup my position and am able to stay on the ledge(in huttball for example).

I prefer to save my leap to take advantage of its inherent root and interrupt in addition to gap closing.

It is the one most versatile ability we have, so we shouldn't just mash it on CD unless we absolutely need to, wait for the right moment and you can use it to recover from KBs, interrupt long casts from a distance/while kick is on CD and root players in preparation for snaring them or to allow other team members a shot at them.

Try a timed leap today, it might change your match.

I prefer to save my leap to take advantage of its inherent root and interrupt in addition to gap closing.

It is the one most versatile ability we have, so we shouldn't just mash it on CD unless we absolutely need to, wait for the right moment and you can use it to recover from KBs, interrupt long casts from a distance/while kick is on CD and root players in preparation for snaring them or to allow other team members a shot at them.

Try a timed leap today, it might change your match.

leap has a 9 second cooldown, and 0 minimum distance(if talented like i do).

ill spam it all day long and generate the focus, interrupt, close a cap, root, whatever i need to do

did you read my whole post though? im not complaining about leap or knockbacks. it was just an example i gave since if i see someone up on a ledge, im not gonna take the slow route and let them watch me/pick me apart from a distance. im gonna get in their face like a good sentinel should

Edited by FourTwent

leap has a 9 second cooldown, and 0 minimum distance(if talented like i do).

ill spam it all day long and generate the focus, interrupt, close a cap, root, whatever i need to do

did you read my whole post though? im not complaining about leap or knockbacks. it was just an example i gave since if i see someone up on a ledge, im not gonna take the slow route and let them watch me/pick me apart from a distance. im gonna get in their face like a good sentinel should

12 sec*

Also, huttball, leap on the ball carrier when he gets on the fire vent, priceless ^^.

No offence mate but you just stand in the open channeling healing spells you dont deserve to get them off.

You are healing a wz as if you were healing a tank & spank raidboss.

You need to be abusing line of sight, against anyone with a clue as soon as you start casting a heal you become the main target of every single enemy.

No offence mate but you just stand in the open channeling healing spells you dont deserve to get them off.

You are healing a wz as if you were healing a tank & spank raidboss.

You need to be abusing line of sight, against anyone with a clue as soon as you start casting a heal you become the main target of every single enemy.

You can't line of sight melee. During the video I line of sight the commando multiple times and the sniper. Also on civil war there isn't any LOS on the platform. I will keep that in mind though.

The resolve system does work. Learn it, and you will understand how to predict it. It's a new system for a lot of people, but it just takes some getting used to. I know when to stun, and when not to stun opponents.

Also there is an option in preferences to put the resolve bar on other player's nameplates.

I can only use 2 stuns before filling up someone's resolve bar. I know how to plan my attacks when I do use them. Typically I only get one stun to work, because they use their break ability.

Tell me that when I'm spinning in Lightning with full resolve, getting hit by multiple attackers.

Edited by Elmuerto