Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a woman - Marry me... If you are a man - I may warm up to you... Well said. Either do waves 24/7 until everyone is in, or launch all at once.

And cause massive slow down or intense queue times to get in the actual game?

Hahahahah! No thanks bro.

So...if i understand this correctly.

Nobody would be angry if they had been told 6 months ago that if they bought the game earlier as opposed to later, they might get in a day or 2 earlier than the reported 5?

And now, people want a time-table of exactly when the date cut-offs will be so they know if they should do something else or spend all day hitting "refresh" on the email?

I can see where both those items would be beneficial. But on the flip side, if things went badly, nobody would have gotten the extra 2 early days and people would have complained about loosing extra free time.

And if things go well and the schedule moves up, and people weren't slapping the refresh key and missed it because they thought they had another day to wait, they would complain about missing that extra free time too.

Glad I'm not a game developer!:eek:

*sings*

This is the thread that never ends...

Yes, it goes on and on, my friend..

Some people started trolling it, not knowing what it was...

And they'll just keep on trolling it forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends...

:jawa_wink:

Edited by WabbitTwaks

It probably doesn't since it is a US company and they follow our laws and international laws, not necessarily laws specific to other nations. I can't even imagine the costs involved in hiring attorneys specific to every nation on earth to deal with these issues.

Well, I'd think that when I buy a product from the branch of a company (EA (Origin)) based in my own country, and the said "false advertisement" being in my native language, and the product being paid for in my country's currency, these laws would apply.

Anyroad, EA can do whatever they want, we'll still give them our money :)

All these people whining about how they preordered in July but I think many of them failed to realize that it doesn't matter when you preordered this game, what matters is when you Redeemed your preorder!

I don't think that even matters anymore. I REDEEMED my code July 28th, and I've seen people who redeemed their code in Nov and earlier this month get in while I have not.

I am a working professional, just like you. As such, you should know that your livelihood is more important than playing a game. Taking a day off to play a video game will get you nothing but laughed at by any of those organizations if they receive this letter. You should really be ashamed of yourself for putting something like this together.

Of course, if you're just trolling, which I think is the more likely case, because it's hard for me to believe you're being serious... well done sir!

There's always a hint of truth, even behind sarcasm.

Bioware - you must not see any of these threads so i'm going to talk loud for you. Try to see this please! Your player base is upset at the action you're taking with the waves. This typically means to stop doing what you're doing and reflect.

You are currently biting the hand that is feeding you as the player base is the same people that will provide you with an income and from the forums that i'm reading (and you're apparently neglecting) you are not giving a good reason to pay.

I of course plan to pay regardless, i simply will not invest in any other games you release, and i will be sure to advise against purchases from your company as you are clearly too simple minded to simply read your own forums.

The waves are a bad idea - they are causing players to have extra time that others do not, splitting guilds up and are limiting the patience of your player base which has (again, according to your own forums) drastically begin to shatter. I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue when you stop sending waves today.

If you want to be the intelligent company that alot of people think you are - this last wave should very well include the remaining pre-orders.

/signed