Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

Totaly agree +1

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I Cannot believe how many complaints there are on this topic. The message states "Up to 5 days early" Bioware changed it in "up to 7 days" And yet, complaints all around.

Bioware is doing exactly as promised, and has been very careful not to make promises they cannot keep. You'll get into the early access, who cares if it's 1 or two days sooner or later. The game will be here for times to come after.

I think the main concern, at least for me is just 1) the folks I wanna play with in my guild, that did get in, will be levels ahead of me already and 2) the chance of getting the name I want will be slimmer, the longer I have to wait. Those are the 2 things that bother me the most.

I don't care how many days of EA I get, I would of just liked to see everyone get in at once in order to be "fair". And since this kinda wave stuff has not been done in the past (as far as I know) it makes it seem even worse. Just my 2 cents tho.

Edited by Sproctor

umad?umad?umad?umad?umad?umad?umad?umad?

:mad::mad::mad:mad:mad:madmad :mad:madmad:mad:madmad:mad:mad

ma:mad:admad:mad::mad:mad:mad:m:mad:dmad :mad:madmad:mad:mad

ma:mad:admad:mad:madmad :mad:admadm:mad:madmad:mad:mad

umad?umad?umad?umad?umad?umad?umad?umad?

For all you people trolling the forms enjoy!

Should have kept the 15th launch and spent some time really thinking about this method of 'early release'

COPY AND PASTE!

That what she said!

Yes this isn't officially the launch, however... I understand the rage of the people who are going to be playing PvP servers, because when Launch day does roll around, there are going to be level 50s, easily, who will be going around ganking people. It isn't that hard to grasp this. Thankfully that isn't my concern as I am mostly here for the PvE and such, but I can understand the reason behind the rage.

And yes, I agree. Bioware are being morons for only sending 5 waves a day. If they get a mob, or if their phones NEVER stop ringing, they will know why.

they shut there phose down ROFL. talk about cowards lol

so, first post on forums.

thought this might be a good place for it, since everyone is reading this anyway

Hai Everyone, chill, we still have a few days before the 20th. If someone has trouble counting from 13-20 i shall help!

Let's start at 13 and work our way down to 20. Going to start you of easy.

Are you thinking 1 and 4? if so, you are halfway there, now put them together and it becomes what? 14. GOOD job Trolls, you are doing excellent. Now i'm not going to help you at all.

15. Good Good

17. No No stupid trolls 16 comes after 15!

16. Good.

17. Very good, now bring it home for me!

20! NONO BAD TROLL BAD!

18? Yes very good, continue

19. Excellent now bring it home!

20. Very good now you can count and don't have to act like a freaking mental illness patient.

Are you going to be nice now and chill?

Good to know.

And lastly a saying that has kept me out of trouble all my life "A watched pot never boils!" think it''s fitting in this situation

COPY AND PASTE!

The following copied and pasted from the home page of swtor.com I did not edit, check for yourself...

"Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game!"

I think things have just gone from bad to worse...

Yeh i've posted it as well but people think it's a statement. Well it's a false statement and should be either 1) remove 2) changed.

All in good time folks :)

Plus this gives me time to work on content for http://www.forcejunkies.com :D

You named your guild after a well known company that creates third party hacks? aimjunkies.com lol. I dont think we will have a lot of aimbotting but im sure theyre creating something for star wars and not trying to tear down your guild name but it looks bad to me =[

Spamming the forums won't help a thing *refers to the Copy Paste*,

I think too, that they should continue the waves from hour to hour, maybe with smaller amounts of people than the main waves, but still, continue to let people play. This is a game that is going to be played world wide. It has no use to stop the waves really. And to those that rage alot. This is just early acces, not the set date. You're able to join the game earlier then someone that didn't pre-order, that's the bonus what you've paid for. And I'm still positive that most of the players that pre ordered before the beginning of this month, are able to play before the 15th of December.

I don't mind bringing this up, again:

Well said

:) +5

Does anyone else find it a little screwed up that we payed a $5.00 pre-order fee for pre-ordering the game, only to be told that we have to wait longer to play because we didn't give them money quicker than others?

I mean, if I am already paying more for the game just to have the digital special edition and I am paying more for giving them the money before they have even launched their game which makes things more convenient for them, shouldn't I be entitled to play the full 7 days of Early Access?

That $5 dollars would account for what is 33% of a month's subscription which accounts for nearly 10 days of game play based on a 30 day month.

(based on the subscription price of other games '$14.99' )

This is a fee I payed merely for their own convenience of having received payment for a copy of their game before it has been released.

Our pre-order has provided them perspective on what they can expect when the game starts. How powerful to build their servers and their connections and to tweak any settings based on the server preformance from beta vs. the amount of people who have pre-ordered.

This has all been for their convenience and preparation.

So why should we be paying an extra fee only to be discriminated amongst those who have all paid this fee, based upon when they paid this fee?

- Early Access should be open to all who have paid for it.

this. all this.

Will mean that they eventually might read it... and realise wuts going on.. beats doing nothing!

Someone might read it. It won't change a thing. They're doing Early Access they way they want to.

The bottom line is they advertised the Tiered entry for weeks upon weeks. There's no validity to any complaint that's being made right now.