The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PreMade Warzones = Griefing.

Kainiil

He's not saying u cant group up with your friends, get on vent and pvp. He's saying if u choose to do that then you'll just have to face some other guys friends as well.. I dont see what the big deal is.. Your friends VS 8 pugs or 8 friends.... there's no differents right? You still get to hang with your most dearest friends.

Yea, who r u guys trying to fool? Peeps running premades (OH, i mean hang with friends *-) ) cause its freaking easy to win and running agaist other premades wouldnt mess that up. Other wise u wouldnt complain about it..

Edited by shadedsorrow

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that, at the moment and for the foreseeable near future, warzones are strictly single server phenomena.

If you put a hard restriction that people who Q in groups can only play against others who Qd in groups, then people wouldnt be able to just log on and play - they'd need to be sure there was another group out there also Qing, lest they wait for it to pop for over an hour.

Yea, who r u guys trying to fool? Peeps running premades (OH, i mean hang with friends *-) ) cause its freaking easy to win and running agaist other premades wouldnt mess that up. Other wise u wouldnt complain about it..

Queuing with friends on a dead server or Queuing in a group when hundreds of others queue alone, fewer queue as a group. Just two examples of why this wouldn't work.

Basically, you want to kill the queues for those of us who want to avoid as many clueless idiots as possible. Cheers.

Edited by ilovethepink

I believe warzones should be random.

That would be fair. But it will never, ever happen.

The sole reason for that is pretty simple. People like to play with their RL friends / guildmates.

And for this reason alone (it's an MMO we're playing here) this will never change.

The problem is that, at the moment and for the foreseeable near future, warzones are strictly single server phenomena.

If you put a hard restriction that people who Q in groups can only play against others who Qd in groups, then people wouldnt be able to just log on and play - they'd need to be sure there was another group out there also Qing, lest they wait for it to pop for over an hour.

And your right. Thats why they shouldnt have MADE rated war zones until they figured out how to make server to server pvp.. Plain and simple!!!

People don't actually read. He said if there are going to be premades then they should only be queued against other premades. I couldn't agree more. Right now warzone leaving or going afk after 4 medals is rampant because premade opponents vs a pug = lose. It's not even fun to play against a full battlemaster premade when you've barely scraped together a centurion set. Don't even both trying to finish your daily or weeklies. Put premade vs premade and warzones might actually have close scores for once.

I strongly disagree with the premades shouldn't be grouped with PUGS until 1.2, seeing as 4 people really aren't a premade.

Further, I only have 2 level 50s, but the day my alt hit 50 I was running "premades" with friends who know I am a good player. And guess what? Even when I didn't queue with them, I didn't throw myself into situations where I knew I was going to fail.

You lose because only the better team can win. Common sense.

Populations problem as stated before. It searches for other premade's but who wants to wait 45 min for one.

When I'm in a premade I hope to go against another as I'm not looking to win the game in the first 2 minutes as pugs usually can't coordinate as well,f or obvious reasons

Cross server's will fix, all in due time.

OP is spot on, its bad enough the devs are such idiots they think starting matches with one side down 3-4 players is somehow fair because they will throw a couple more on the side with less players eventually like you can come back from starting 5 vs 8 especially when 4 of the 8 are a premade.

To bad you want to queue as a group you should be facing other groups not a pug that is not only under geared its also under manned.

PVP in this game is severely broken due to population imbalances and if you have to face a longer queue I have zero pity for you after starting the past 6 matches with 5 people and being against premades.

You shouldn't punish people because others don't want to participate like what you're having problems with.

Others have mentioned it; same server, less of a pool. As such, pending the time of day, there might not be other groups queuing, and as we all know you can currently only queue with 4 players.

You are suggesting that people play with players who may not be their friends, who they might not like, and who are awful players (maybe you?). How is this fair? But it's okay for them to wait an hour for a queue?

You get valor, commendations regardless of if you win or lose, and if your argument is the daily or weekly, perhaps you should make a group because apparently it's so "OP" right?

Pug vs premade when you have 3-4 less people is a damn joke.

No match should ever start even a single person short then you premade people would have a leg to stand on but you all know as well as I do more often than not matches start undermanned and against a premade it is no better than throwing people to wolves.

Edited by Nategray

Basically I heard "I got beat down in a WZ. Make it so that cant happen. "

Do you people realize you're complaining about peoples ability to group in a MMO? Think about it...

this made me laugh...it should had been printed and sold on T-shirts.. because its so true...besides if its a pre-made you face dont like it...leave the WZ and go back in the Que. easy as 1-2-3.

Edited by Mightywombat

Pug vs premade when you have 3-4 less people is a damn joke.

No match should ever start even a single person short then you premade people would have a leg to stand on but you all know as well as I do more often than not matches start undermanned and against a premade is no better than throwing people to wolves.

And? It happens more frequently without 'premades,' so what's your point? It's the system, not the premades.

And? It happens more frequently without 'premades,' so what's your point? It's the system, not the premades.

It makes the situation ten times worse and you know it but do not want a longer queue and would rather stomp an under geared undermanned pug so spare me your its not us response.

I believe warzones should be random.

Allowing premades is basically griefing to others. You are facing a well geared, good comp group with communication against random guys.

It is not fun getting owned match after match when facing a premade team over and over.

If people want to make groups it should be groups against groups.

you're correct, but alot of the people will try and come up with lame reasons why it's not to justify themselves. supposedly bioware is working on fixing the system according to some twitter posts i read but i doubt it would fix if completely. where there is a way these premade types always find a way to cheat the system and try and gain the advantage, sad and pathetic but true.

It makes the situation ten times worse and you know it but do not want a longer queue and would rather stomp an under geared undermanned pug so spare me your its not us response.
No, your solution is to remove "premades" to avoid this from happening; my solution would be for them to fix this from happening.

Further, spare me your pitiful QQ on the PVP forums about more organized PVP, no matter how trivial it is.

No, your solution is to remove "premades" to avoid this from happening; my solution would be for them to fix this from happening.

Further, spare me your pitiful QQ on the PVP forums about more organized PVP, no matter how trivial it is.

Typical they need to fix it when you know damn well the issue is the faction imbalances and that not something they can fix but they can fix this so feel free to take a long walk off a short pier mr I just want mine screw everyone else piss poor attitude.

Edited by Nategray

If I am selfish, so are you considering you want to strip away my ability to enjoy the game more so than I am your ability (because you can also form "premades," but I can't make you form them).

Also, if faction imbalance is your excuse and it's a rather lame one. I have more Empire on my server, yet there are times I get rolled by Republic because of 6 players in an Ops. It's the system, it's not specifically because of faction imbalance. (And the biggest reason I would say is because of Huttball being for both factions, which sometimes causes a faction to be placed on the sideburner).

No my point was pretty clear they need to have premades fight other premades.

You do not want longer queue times.

In what I suggest we would both have longer queue times.

I am ok with longer queue times with matches starting with even numbers and premades vs premades and pugs vs pugs.

So again who is selfish....

I strongly disagree with the OP.

However you can't deny that eventually a top ranked team of 8 players in full war hero gear will queue up for unranked warzones just for fun and grief the PUG teams. Bascially they will just camp spawns, draw matches out as along as possible and try and irritate people.

So, it'll be like before Bioware split the 50s bracket? :D