Thinking about buying a razer naga

Okadante

Naga you can bind whatever you want to it basically. As a default its 1-0 and - =. You can flip a switch on the bottom and the key's on the side of the mouse are now numpad numbers instead of the top row number of keys. Does it make SWTOR easier? I think so, any mmo for that matter. Instead of clicking on your hotkeys all the time, you can hit a button which makes it a much smoother experience.

I just picked up my first game mouse (always used $5 mice that come with computers). I got the G700 (13 buttons ,wireless, 5700dpi, adjustable, multiple profiles, etc). And it was a GREAT investment. $70 for a mouse, which is uncanny, but the feel is so comfortable, being able to adjust the DPI has been great. I have yet to bind anything to the buttons (as I have only played BF3 so far), but I can already tell there will be no more reaching for the '9' key or trying to press shift-5.

tldr; buy it. buy it now.

Have a few questions.

How do most people bind their skills to it?

Can it be used as a regular mouse as well?(Word,excell,internet)

Does it make SWTOR easier to play?

Is it worth it?

I used to use a razer naga exclusivley when I played WoW.

I have however retired my older one due to a pesky doubleclick problem that razer mice tend to develop (a single click is often registered as double)

I did enjoy it and felt it gave me more control over my finger movements, only concerning my left hand with wsad movement, and q,e,r,f,v, and shift variants of the hotkeys, and shift 1-6 using my thumb on my Naga mouse. (anything past 6 gets a little difficult to press without shifting my hand)

What I do is bind stuff to `-5 and the rest to a separate bar that uses the razer naga by numlock bindings. The naga can use the traditional 1-= keys or the numlock keys. It really does help a lot. I use it for anything else as well. The buttons don't really get in the way of normal mouse functionality.

Try to find a way to demo the mouse before buying it.

Many users find it to be very uncomfortable to use because the ergonomics on this mouse are terrible.

I wasted the money on one and was rather disappointed with the fact that in order to use the keypad effectively I had to turn the mouse at an odd angle that made controlling the pointer clumbsy and difficult.

I ended up boxing it up and putting it on a shelf in my closet and went back to my Logitech G9x.

How do most people bind their skills to it?

Can't speak for others, but I put my main rotation abilities on keyboard 1-5 (I'm most comfortable with these keys). Then I add AOE attacks, defensive cooldowns, and situational abilities (like regenerating health/energy, medpacs, etc.) to my mouse keys.

4-6 on the mouse are the easiest buttons for me so the abilities there are ones I use frequently.

Can it be used as a regular mouse as well?(Word,excell,internet)

Yes. Works great even if the extra buttons aren't being used.

Does it make SWTOR easier to play?

Yes, as well as with many other RPG's--basically, helps with any game that has multiple abilities to keep track of and cycle through.

Is it worth it?

Yes, if you plan to play the game for more than a few hours each week. And especially yes, if you plan to get into PvP or Operations.

I asked for mine as a birthday gift from the wife, and I love having it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.