The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What is the single, most important feature for YOU to be added/changed in SWTOR?

Lord_Ravenhurst

1. Ability to remove/kill/replace companions.

I am sick of having "my own" ship, and finding that my worst enemy's good buddy has taken up permanent residence there, and that no matter how many times I tell her to GET OUT, I still have to put up with not one but two of her. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: On what planet do independent entrepreneurs enjoy taking orders from their worst enemy? And yet this is Act One of the Smuggler's story. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's especially annoying playing a Bounty Hunter, when it's an NPC who's been eagerly trying to kill me, whom I fight to the death, and when it finally comes time to put a blaster bolt through his brain, my options are"

(a) Oh, let's be best buddies!,

(b) Oh, let's be best buddies!,

or

© Hey, let's be best buddies!

It's completely deprotagonizing to be forced to take on a "companion" whom I want to gut like a fish.

Edited by Eutoxis

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't limit it to just one...

Light Saber/Dual Pistol Dual Wielding Force User!

More character customization!

That's the important features to me. If I HAD to limit it to one, I'd say the first one, only if I considered it done right, if not then the second.

Better optimized code with better support for parallelism, currently it can handle 8 threads maximum.

It would fix many issues, memory leak, long loading times, performance issues, amount of time needed to travel from one planet to another etcetc.

Grouping function to help get groups together for Flashpoints.....aka a LFD tool.

More character slots

Multiple companion options so you can replace one you hate with one you like, or hate less (kind of like Morinth from Mass Effect 2)

Dual Spec

The ability to test out your AC before being permanently locked to it (or the ability to switch it, once)

Quicker travel options from planet to planet.

The legacy system to be something close to the AA system in EQ.

Free space combat, none of this on rails crap.

It would be really cool if you got to actually fly your ship from planet to planet etc, or into space stations....

I'll add that currently the spaceships are more of a burden than anything. I would much rather directly teleport to the planet I want to go to than go through elevators and doors and such just to get to my ship to get to more elevators and doors to get where I'm going. I understand some of this will be fixed in 1.2, but I think the ship needs to have some cooler features that make it worth going to your ship other than just another zone you have to go through to get somewhere.

I need them to add a shop that sells Chocolate Ice Cream ... I know this would not be canon as they would not be calling it Chocolate Ice Cream in the Star Wars Universe but they could call it something like "Balrizangor's Frosty Jawa Flavored Treat" or something ... This would make me happy .... Edited by Balrizangor

I have 4 things that I wish to be added/changed with SWTOR:

1. Better computer optimization. I hear they have done some good work in the PTS, but I'll believe it only when I see it for myself.

2. Better combat responsiveness. What "improvements" BW has done didn't change much, it reduced the lag a bit, but the game server still considers animation over application every time.

3. Improvements made on the LFG system. It's is not functioning at all now, but I don't want it to turn into WoW's LFD, that is taking it a step way too far. Aion's LFG system, or WoW's LFG system prior to LFD, was/is absolutely perfect. They strike the perfect balance between removing accountability and full automization, and the system SWTOR has now.

4. Server transfers and server merges. Server transfers because I know many people on servers that I'm not on, and I don't wish to level up more than the 4 50's I have already, not yet anyway. Server merges, because there are too many servers spread over too few people. Even reducing the amount of servers by 5 or 6 would make the populations much, much better.

I'll add that currently the spaceships are more of a burden than anything. I would much rather directly teleport to the planet I want to go to than go through elevators and doors and such just to get to my ship to get to more elevators and doors to get where I'm going. I understand some of this will be fixed in 1.2, but I think the ship needs to have some cooler features that make it worth going to your ship other than just another zone you have to go through to get somewhere.

I see you know the zoning gets fixed in 1.2 from ship to planet which is why I am surprised that you also do not know that they are making cooler features available to you for your ship, also in the same patch ...

I need them to add a shop that sells Chocolate Ice Cream ... I know this would not be canon as they would not be calling it Chocolate Ice Cream in the Star Wars Universe but they could call it something like "Balrizangor's Frosty Jawa Flavored Treat" or something ... This would make me happy ....

and Deathsticks! I want Deathsticks.