Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

more content with my MANagerie! SQUEEE

edit: to be more on topic, but still off topic i guess, has anyone ever roleplayed as a trans toon? i'm actually serious and curious as to that. i mean look at

hunter, fron agent, tho not really trans per say, it's an interesting idea for someone roleplaying someone hiding thier true gender

Edited by Crezelle

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more content with my MANagerie! SQUEEE

edit: to be more on topic, but still off topic i guess, has anyone ever roleplayed as a trans toon? i'm actually serious and curious as to that. i mean look at

hunter, fron agent, tho not really trans per say, it's an interesting idea for someone roleplaying someone hiding thier true gender

Most female characters are already doing that... what? Why are you looking at me like that!

In Hunters case though, it's a matter of necessity. nothing at all to do with sexuality.

Most female characters are already doing that... what? Why are you looking at me like that!

I know you were trying to be funny, but I see that kind of line at least once a day while playing any MMO - and frankly, it's not actually funny.

There is a bit of a difference between a male player role playing a female character, and a person role playing a character who is concealing their own gender or has a gender at odds with their body's sex. Personally, I don't think I could do it, nor am I particularly interested in exploring it while RPing (which I only actually do with my regular Dungeons and Dragons/Storyteller/Whatever system catches our fancy/no system at all pencil and paper gaming groups).

Most people playing MMORPGs are not actually RPing. For all intents and purposes, one could eliminate the RP letters from the acronym and it would probably be a more accurate way to describe this kind of (Massively Multiplayer Online) game. So when you see a female character with a male player? Chances are they haven't thought much beyond "pretty pixels". They will still quite probably behave like themselves, ie males. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a male player playing a female character, it does not imply anything about their sexuality, no matter how much some people might think it does. In fact, it probably says more about their sense of aesthetics than anything else.

Sorry if this is kind of ranty, but I'm really getting very very tired of people saying these sorts of things both on a serious or joking level. I've been playing MMOs for 12 years or so now, it's just old and I'm sick of putting up with it.

Aye Zandilar. *nods*

Ya know...with 1.3 on the way, and 1.4 after it. I'm kinda getting ready for the possibly rare prospect of Quinn 'not' being included in the SGR.

Honestly I can't see why not (he takes courting gifts from the male SW), honestly, to me, he makes more sense than Perce (or possible we get the option that the female SW has of getting Quinn for marriage and Perce on the side), in terms of the whole marriage, and legacy thing.

I'm hoping for the best, but keeping my head canon close....just in case.

:jawa_angel:

Bioware, you out there? I love you guys and ....please.....Quinn for SGR.

Edited by JediElf

Aye Zandilar. *nods*

Ya know...with 1.3 on the way, and 1.4 after it. I'm kinda getting ready for the possibly rare prospect of Quinn 'not' being included in the SGR.

Honestly I can't see why not (he takes courting gifts from the male SW), honestly, to me, he makes more sense than Perce (or possible we get the option that the female SW has of getting Quinn for marriage and Perce on the side), in terms of the whole marriage, and legacy thing.

I'm hoping for the best, but keeping my head canon close....just in case.

:jawa_angel:

Bioware, you out there? I love you guys and ....please.....Quinn for SGR.

It would be a travesty if Quinn isn't made available for SGR. After playing through the SW story with my female juggernaut, I rolled a male marauder, and the chemistry is palpable. Of course I could just be biased because I adore Quinn so much and think everyone should be able to romance him too...

Female IA and Kaliyo - this one is almost canon.

Seriously, when you get Kaliyo she says "I'll ride you until I break you" (paraphrase) tell me that ISN'T a come on to my Lady Chiss.

Well, from her letters after the main RA with her is over, her bisexual nature is confirmed. So yes, if BioWare doesn't lock her in for SGRs, something is seriously wrong with them.

Do we know if only certain romance options are going to be open to SGR? For a fact?

Unfortunately, we don't. BioWare has said they will talk about SGRs "when it's done" and haven't released many other details. I'm guessing they want to avoid an issue like what happened with ranked PvP, and don't want to say "this companion is available for SGR" only to have it not work out.

Here hoping that if they use current character we dont have to start new chars. anyone got a to the ign interview?

I'm guessing we won't have to start new characters, and that the romance "missions" will become available if our characters are past the story and/or affection points when we'd normally get those dialogues. I've had times where a companion suddenly wanted to chat three or four times because I passed a certain point in the class story, so those with high-level characters may be in for a whirlwind romance. :D

Zandilar, I play almost exclusively female characters myself. I find it simply more fun. :) In fact, 7 of my chars are female, only my trooper is male.

Agreed, I definitely think female characters are more fun. :) The only reason my highest-level characters are male is because I've been holding off on playing female characters due to waiting for SGRs. (I'm not interested in romancing males.) It's not an issue with my Consular, but my JK and BH are on hold, and I won't even play a female Smuggler or IA until she can [Flirt] with anyone. Holding off on playing a female Trooper until we know if Elara is an SGR option or not, though my male Trooper is doing the romance missions with her, so that might be weird. :eek:

Eh, as long as Sergeant Jaxo also likes female Troopers, it'll be okay. :D

Also: always good to see new faces here; welcome to the thread to those just now posting. :)

I've been supporting SGRA stuff since the very first "should they be in the game" thread. :) I just stopped posting in these since it's redundant to repeat myself in every single thread.

I'll say it again though. Sexuality is a matter of biology, not choice. Thus a game that emphasizes so much on character development and personal story should include sexuality in it. Sexuality is a very personal and important part of what makes us, us and should never be ignored.

I am a straight, late 20s male and would not really choose that option except for fun. In fact, on my female toons, I've gone with 2 romance stories with male characters because they are just that, characters. I would never ever pretend to be a female to anyone and make it a point to correct people if they assume as such. Earlier, I was joking, obviously. Anything that enhances the feeling and ability for your character to resemble yourself is a good thing and while I don't identify with my characters in any way (they are dolls to me, like playing the sims) I understand that it's not the way others play and identify with their characters.

Untill you can clone yourself and your personality into a game, it's not enough choice and customization. :) I support everything and anything, as long as it stays optional.

Edited by Jandi

I've been supporting SGRA stuff since the very first "should they be in the game" thread. :) I just stopped posting in these since it's redundant to repeat myself in every single thread.

I'll say it again though. Sexuality is a matter of biology, not choice. Thus a game that emphasizes so much on character development and personal story should include sexuality in it. Sexuality is a very personal and important part of what makes us, us and should never be ignored.

I am a straight, late 20s male and would not really choose that option except for fun. In fact, on my female toons, I've gone with 2 romance stories with male characters because they are just that, characters. I would never ever pretend to be a female to anyone and make it a point to correct people if they assume as such. Earlier, I was joking, obviously. Anything that enhances the feeling and ability for your character to resemble yourself is a good thing and while I don't identify with my characters in any way (they are dolls to me, like playing the sims) I understand that it's not the way others play and identify with their characters.

Untill you can clone yourself and your personality into a game, it's not enough choice and customization. :) I support everything and anything, as long as it stays optional.

SGRAs will be as optional as OGRAs, which is to say, completely.

Well, obviously. I don't understand why that even needs to be said. :rolleyes:

Because you brought up the "as long as it stays optional" which seemed to imply that there was the chance it wouldn't be. We've had a lot of people come in and act as though BW is going to force SGRAs down everyone's throat but if that's not what you were implying I apologize; I may have overreacted.

Because you brought up the "as long as it stays optional" which seemed to imply that there was the chance it wouldn't be. We've had a lot of people come in and act as though BW is going to force SGRAs down everyone's throat but if that's not what you were implying I apologize; I may have overreacted.

You probably should read the entire post and not just the last paragraph. I was referring to any customization/story choices in general.

You probably should read the entire post and not just the last paragraph. I was referring to any customization/story choices in general.

I did read the whole thing. But your final sentence rubbed me wrong and so I responded because it felt like "this is only ok if it's kept far away and BW doesn't force me into it!" as if things not being optional was going to happen. I ALSO already apologized if I misread your sentiment; you didn't really need to follow that up with being condescending.

I did read the whole thing. But your final sentence rubbed me wrong and so I responded because it felt like "this is only ok if it's kept far away and BW doesn't force me into it!" as if things not being optional was going to happen. I ALSO already apologized if I misread your sentiment; you didn't really need to follow that up with being condescending.

Didn't mean to sound like that at all. My apologies.

just a question... whats the difference between bisexual and pansexual?
It is generally considered to be someone who is attracted to people of all genders and biological sexes, as opposed to just people who fit into the standard gender binary. So someone who is bi would be attracted to men and women, but someone who is pansexual would also be attracted to people who are more androgynous, or genderqueer, or trans, etc.

Someone mentioned Kaliyo again with regard to Female Agent.

So, grouch on this that I am... I certainly hope she's not the only female choice for fem!Agent, or else Jan'neria, my main character, will be forever alone.

She likes Kaliyo to some extent, but not that way. In fact, I'd be surprised if Jan hadn't invested in a nano-camera she could put on her back, just to make sure she sees Kaliyo's knife coming when the day finally comes. (Jan's LS all the way, Kaliyo doesn't like that much. Jan has kept her happy with bribes (gifts), but there's no telling when that won't work any more.)

Someone mentioned Kaliyo again with regard to Female Agent.

So, grouch on this that I am... I certainly hope she's not the only female choice for fem!Agent, or else Jan'neria, my main character, will be forever alone.

She likes Kaliyo to some extent, but not that way. In fact, I'd be surprised if Jan hadn't invested in a nano-camera she could put on her back, just to make sure she sees Kaliyo's knife coming when the day finally comes. (Jan's LS all the way, Kaliyo doesn't like that much. Jan has kept her happy with bribes (gifts), but there's no telling when that won't work any more.)

I'm also hoping for Raina as a female Agent LI. I have a huge crush on Halle Berry, and Raina looks a LOT like her in default appearance. :o