Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

My top answer, as always, begins with Z and ends in ash. ;)

I would love to see a re-bodied Darth Zash as a romance option for both genders, in fact. :D

Yeah, only reason I didn't mention Lord Zash is because I'm pretty sure my sorcerer thinks it's already canon. :D

And you might want to put spoiler tags on that... not everyone has played through the SI storyline. Me included. :eek:

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fear and hatred are two of the most common responses to anything people see as "other", or unavoidably different from themselves. This does lead to the dark side :DIt's something that I'd hoped to see less of among the SW fans, as this is a universe where dating outside one's own species hardly raises eyebrows. I mean, if people can talk about how twi'leks are hot, why can't they accept that some people might find their same gender or both genders attractive? And do the people who don't get such things realize they're posting in a forum for a BioWare game? :p

To get things a bit more back on topic here: who's currently not a romance option that you'd like to see as an SGR? I'm not only thinking of current companions, but various other NPCs who could be anything from a fling to a recurring romance. Actually, I'd love to see non-companion ongoing romance missions, but that's another topic. :D Juda from the BH story on Hutta is an obvious one for me, as discussed earlier in the thread. I also think the black-haired woman that the male Trooper can get a booty-call mission for on Coruscant should be available for both genders (with a male addition elsewhere or on another planet who also swings both ways, to keep things even), because she was fun to flirt with.

...and because I just like the phrase "booty-call mission". Got a nice ring to it. *grin*duck*run like hell*

YES, Sgt. Jaxo for the trooper. she seems wild and wonderful (like my state:D) and even has some flirtatious comments to the female trooper. I was actually upset when i realized whe was not a companion choice. they should add a "Booty-Call" mission section to the mission window:D

at some point in the story, you get a mail from her saying that she is having a party at her apartment on courscant, but that was the end of it. 1.2, they added the party as a mission for the trooper and it is just a little night on the town party with her and 3 other women.....i'm not sure you really want to know where my mind went and is going right now....Giggity:D

I was also upset when she dies in the space station, i actually got DS points trying to save her instead of the prisioners, but she still died. I even got affection from M1-4X....The Sociopath droid wanted to save her too:mad:

Having said all that, I still question why a game with numerous beatings, torture and mass murders peppered throughout the storyline suddenly gets a few parents up in arms -only- when it suggests that people might not all have the same sexual orientation. It boggles the mind a bit.

I fully agree with you.

It also boggles mi mind a bit the degree of self-assumed agravation the SGRA community has gone to. I understand wanting it, as it seems other BW games have it; but that amount of anxiety over being able to roleplay something can't be healthy.

Sugesting stuff like that every1's quests be resetted (lol why?) or expecting BW to make the effort of rewriting and implementing the story (when other aspects of the game affect everybody) just shows that many are just as delusional and disrespectful of other's freedom as all those parents-in-arms.

Just my opinion.

Oh And I support SGRA, just not the "BW owes me and they should fix this no matter the cost" attitude.

Edited by Urkanan

Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post

My top answer, as always, begins with Z and ends in ash.

I would love to see a re-bodied Darth Zash as a romance option for both genders, in fact.

Yeah, only reason I didn't mention Lord Zash is because I'm pretty sure my sorcerer thinks it's already canon. :D

And you might want to put spoiler tags on that... not everyone has played through the SI storyline. Me included. :eek:

I agree ^.^ she has such a sexy voice :) I am a bi female in rl :cool: I support this thread, Bioware and EA !

Edited by Darkchaz

To get things a bit more back on topic here: who's currently not a romance option that you'd like to see as an SGR? I'm not only thinking of current companions, but various other NPCs who could be anything from a fling to a recurring romance. Actually, I'd love to see non-companion ongoing romance missions, but that's another topic. :D Juda from the BH story on Hutta is an obvious one for me, as discussed earlier in the thread. I also think the black-haired woman that the male Trooper can get a booty-call mission for on Coruscant should be available for both genders (with a male addition elsewhere or on another planet who also swings both ways, to keep things even), because she was fun to flirt with.

...and because I just like the phrase "booty-call mission". Got a nice ring to it. *grin*duck*run like hell*

LS points are overrated.

<3 <3 Satele Shan <3 <3

*sigh*

I fully agree with you.

It also boggles mi mind a bit the degree of self-assumed agravation the SGRA community has gone to. I understand wanting it, as it seems other BW games have it; but that amount of anxiety over being able to roleplay something can't be healthy.

Sugesting stuff like that every1's quests be resetted (lol why?) or expecting BW to make the effort of rewriting and implementing the story (when other aspects of the game affect everybody) just shows that many are just as delusional and disrespectful of other's freedom as all those parents-in-arms.

Just my opinion.

Oh And I support SGRA, just not the "BW owes me and they should fix this no matter the cost" attitude.

This is from the FAQ about this thread on page 1. It expresses the overall thoughts and attitudes of most of the players who poster here.

2) Why are you concerned with this when the game needs work elsewhere?

There are multiple teams working on different aspects of the game at any given time. There would be one team for PvP, one for Ops/Hard Modes, one for story, one for game fixes, ect. This will not divide resources from other teams. And most of us do not demand this right now. The one thing we all have in common is our love of this game and we all want to see it as polished as possible.

As far as the writing goes, it's the developers that are taking the extra time with this, and it wasn't because the posters in this thread demanded them to do it that way. They chose on their own volition how to do the expanding arcs, which will probably apply to all romance, not just SGRs. A lead writer of Bioware made the following statement at the Guild Summit regarding their intent with SGRs.

(The question, gathered from online submissions, was summed up as, "Is there any update on same gender romance?")

....The writers have a much, much larger lead time than you would expect, and we wanna do any of this stuff right. We heard suggestions, and we do read the stuff, and let's talk a little about the stuff we were not willing to do. We were not willing to go in and just change all the dialogue to work for the other gender. That is not writing. That is not good storytelling.

We're here to talk about what is coming and who might be available. We also discuss ways that Bioware may end up doing this, but we make no blanket assumptions about the outcome. We also only use official information to go by for any certain information. We do make suggestions to the devs here, such as a companion quest "reset" and NOT a character level reset. Another idea is to move all OGR and future SGR dialogue flirts to the left side of the wheel so no dialogue option is lost for the sake of SGR content. These kinds of ideas are the same as any other thread that talks about game updates and suggestions. Please read the FAQ and more of the posts this thread before judging the overall tone of this community.

Edited by natashina

I agree ^.^ she has such a sexy voice :) I am a bi female in rl :cool: I support this thread, Bioware and EA !

Welcome to the thread! And yes, Lord Zash could probably turn entire temples full of potential Jedi to the dark side just by walking through and chatting with them. :D It's been really fun playing my SI as utterly loyal to her, real shame things don't go further.

YES, Sgt. Jaxo for the trooper. she seems wild and wonderful (like my state:D) and even has some flirtatious comments to the female trooper. I was actually upset when i realized whe was not a companion choice. they should add a "Booty-Call" mission section to the mission window:D

She flirts with the female trooper too? Okay, that's another reason to wait until SGRs are in-game to play my female trooper. :D And while I knew she wasn't a companion, my trooper had no trouble with her companionship. :p

A bit from the Q&A posted today: patch 1.3 is going to be a smaller one, but they'll be returning to larger patches after that. Clearly, 1.3 is not the story update. :o But at least we can safely not hope for that; I do think it's helpful to be sure of when something isn't going to happen. (Hope that made sense; my brain isn't fully functional today.) Still hoping my weird random intuition about 1.4 being the story update is true, but I think it'll be a while before we know.

Oh man! I need to try and remeber the names of some male NPCs, that I'd love to see with a male flirt option. ^_^

I'd just love to see some dashingly handsome Imperial officers, that my fellas could send into a blushing fit, (and get the occasional "booty-call mission"), with a few suave words, with a wink, and a smile....what can I say...I love the uniform. :D

Not to mention all the handsome male Twi'leks, that I've encountered so far....

:jawa_cool::jawa_evil:

Edited by JediElf

A bit from the Q&A posted today: patch 1.3 is going to be a smaller one, but they'll be returning to larger patches after that. Clearly, 1.3 is not the story update. :o But at least we can safely not hope for that; I do think it's helpful to be sure of when something isn't going to happen. (Hope that made sense; my brain isn't fully functional today.) Still hoping my weird random intuition about 1.4 being the story update is true, but I think it'll be a while before we know.

Not only that. They hinted at one or more new races "this year". My theory is that we'll see that in the same patch as SGRAs, the one that gives a big boost to the story.

Oh, and hello. It took me a while to catch up to you guys just because I felt some weird OCD need to read the whole damn thread, all incarnations of it. Heh. So in a way I'm a long time lurker, even if I've been at it for less than a month. E-heh.

Back in the day I was a fairly decent poster in the SGRA-thread. The big one. But I've been out of it for a little while. (How many of you have been getting delusions of grandeur?)

But I'm back and rather interested in the progress made so far. While they're not that big I'm rather confident about the promises made about SGRAs. :t_cool:

Edited by DegiwaWey

I am waiting so very patiently for the SGR content. But I really would want more info about it! >< Like if there will be previously romancable companions available, old non-romancable companions, new companions or a mix of all three? And if we get new romances, will they be SGR ONLY or will they be bisexual options? Not knowing drives me nuts! ><

I really want Quinn as an option, because my ever so fabulous pureblood sith is definetly into him. I would also walk over corpses to have Zash as a potential love intrest since my SI practically worships her xD But those are just what I'd prefer, what I really want is a bit more info ): I'd be ready to wait for a very long time if I could only be given a bit of knowledge about this... Heck I'd wait for more than a year >>

I just don't want to start shipping any characters with NPCs I can't romance and be disappointed. It's an awful feeling T_T

Not only that. They hinted at one or more new races "this year". My theory is that we'll see that in the same patch as SGRAs, the one that gives a big boost to the story.

Oh, and hello. It took me a while to catch up to you guys just because I felt some weird OCD need to read the whole damn thread, all incarnations of it. Heh. So in a way I'm a long time lurker, even if I've been at it for less than a month. E-heh.

Back in the day I was a fairly decent poster in the SGRA-thread. The big one. But I've been out of it for a little while. (How many of you have been getting delusions of grandeur?)

But I'm back and rather interested in the progress made so far. While they're not that big I'm rather confident about the promises made about SGRAs. :t_cool:

Welcome to the thread, or perhaps, welcome back. :) I'm not sure I'd say whether or not there's been a huge amount of progress on SGRs, because we have no idea what BioWare has or hasn't done for them. I'm sure BW is working hard on them, though. But it has been great to hear that BW still plans to implement SGRs despite any opposition, and that SGRs are coming this year. Getting a definite time on something like this makes the wait a bit easier - I try to remind myself that every day brings it closer. Doesn't always help, but I try. :p

Also: I really hope that you're right; adding both new races and new relationships would make sense for a story patch. But I'll be happy with new races, even if I don't use them, though I truly hope nautolan is one of the races. I want to make a nautolan everything. :D I mean, seriously, how awesome is this nautolan Sith? If we get nautolans as a race, I'm totally making my female Sith Warrior one. Bwa ha ha.

I am waiting so very patiently for the SGR content. But I really would want more info about it! >< Like if there will be previously romancable companions available, old non-romancable companions, new companions or a mix of all three? And if we get new romances, will they be SGR ONLY or will they be bisexual options? Not knowing drives me nuts! ><

[snip]

I just don't want to start shipping any characters with NPCs I can't romance and be disappointed. It's an awful feeling T_T

Welcome to the thread. :) There was actually a somewhat-relevant quote from the devs about this kind of thing in another thread today:

Of course, our general policy is to not talk in detail about specific features until we are 100% sure that it is on its way. You can imagine what would happen if we gave a specific date, months in advance, only to come up against an unforeseen obstacle that causes us to delay a particular feature. This is why you'll see many replies by us and our developers that simply say "soon".

I understand wanting to know; believe me, I'd really like to know as well, though I'm more concerned with which companions will be SGR options. But we won't hear anything from BW until they're fully ready to tell us, and I do think that's for the best. It really sucks to hear that a feature is coming and then have it delayed.

Hi, I too completely support this thread. I'm not known for my patience but bioware has been so inclusive and supportive of SGRs in their games and responses to those who object to the inclusion of the option that I really do feel like they're taking their time to make sure they get it right and I respect them for that.

That said, there are moments when Mako says something really cute or Sgt Jaxo is anywhere nearby and I'm like DAMNIT BIOWARE HURRY IT UP ALREADY!!!

But yeah, kudos to Bioware for promising to add it - better late then never that's for sure :)

Welcome to the thread! And yes, Lord Zash could probably turn entire temples full of potential Jedi to the dark side just by walking through and chatting with them. :D It's been really fun playing my SI as utterly loyal to her, real shame things don't go further.

ty for the welcome :)Heh ya i agree :) I am also loyal to her ^.-

Edited by Darkchaz

Hi, I too completely support this thread. I'm not known for my patience but bioware has been so inclusive and supportive of SGRs in their games and responses to those who object to the inclusion of the option that I really do feel like they're taking their time to make sure they get it right and I respect them for that.

That said, there are moments when Mako says something really cute or Sgt Jaxo is anywhere nearby and I'm like DAMNIT BIOWARE HURRY IT UP ALREADY!!!

But yeah, kudos to Bioware for promising to add it - better late then never that's for sure :)

Welcome to the thread! :) I think most if not all of us have our moments when we want SGRs in the game NOW NOW NOW, but... patience. :o Considering how well BioWare has done the relationships that are currently in-game, I'm sure SGRs will be worth the wait. I know what you mean, though; I enjoy playing female characters more than male ones and I have a bunch of characters I really want to play that I can't, or that I'll have to stop playing at a certain point, because I don't want to miss out on anything. Like, after what people have said about Sgt. Jaxo, I know I won't be playing my female Trooper until SGRs are in, because then hopefully there will at least be flirting available, if not more.

ty for the welcome :)Heh ya i agree :) I am also loyal to her ^.-

Yah. :D I actually had to check to make sure there weren't [Flirt] opportunities with Lord Zash before playing my SI, just to make sure I didn't miss out on possibly flirting with her when SGRs get added, because my SI is female. But apparently that's not an option. Ah, well, hopefully my SI can be happy with Ashara later.

Agreed! What ever Bioware has in store will be amazing, as they always are.

Personally I can't wait to see what they have in store for my fellas, and while i have my wishes for certain companions, I'll be happy with whatever they weave, into the fantastic plot, of this game.

SGRA will complete SW:TOR...for me. :jawa_smile:

Welcome to the thread, or perhaps, welcome back. :) I'm not sure I'd say whether or not there's been a huge amount of progress on SGRs, because we have no idea what BioWare has or hasn't done for them. I'm sure BW is working hard on them, though. But it has been great to hear that BW still plans to implement SGRs despite any opposition, and that SGRs are coming this year. Getting a definite time on something like this makes the wait a bit easier - I try to remind myself that every day brings it closer. Doesn't always help, but I try. :p

Nono... I meant progress in what we KNOW about the SGRs. I'm keeping faith that behind the closed doors of BW they're making great progress on their story patch. :t_angel:

Also: I really hope that you're right; adding both new races and new relationships would make sense for a story patch. But I'll be happy with new races, even if I don't use them, though I truly hope nautolan is one of the races. I want to make a nautolan everything. :D I mean, seriously, how awesome is this nautolan Sith? If we get nautolans as a race, I'm totally making my female Sith Warrior one. Bwa ha ha.

Personally I'd like to see the Voss. A voss would make an awesome Sage. :t_smile:

Edited by DegiwaWey

Nono... I meant about what we KNOW about the SGRs. I'm keeping faith that behind the closed doors of BW they're making great progress on their story patch. :t_angel:

Sometimes, I wish we could get a little sneaky peak into the process, see who get's what and how.....but then again it might ruin the surprise. :D

Can someone just give me a clear answer is there same gender relationships or not? I heard that smugglers can have a same gender relationship is this true?

No, not yet, but in the future there should be SGR options for most, if not all the classes. They haven't been implemented yet.

I just started a new Agent on Dalborra (to play with my SO, and at the expense of my planned Trooper :(), and she just met Kaliyo (in fact, she's currently sitting on the Imperial Fleet with her BH partner-in-"crime" awaiting the next time my SO and I play them), and I was knocked on my bum when I was reminded of how attractive at first sight she is. So I just wanted to say I completely understand where people are coming from with her - it's just unfortunate that evil bloodthirsty mercenaries just don't do it for me (or Jan'neria - and maybe not Zavi (my newly minted Sniper), but only time will tell with her).

I was knocked on my bum when I was reminded of how attractive at first sight she is

THAT! As much as I also enjoyed Risha and Vette, Kaliyo is the sexiest, most awesome and mean chick around! I wouldnt mind ditching Vector with my Agent for her :b

Yes, I feel much the same way and wish they were already in the game.

I also don't think I'm the only one who has characters "on hold" untill we find out if there's a point that you can no longer have a romance option with certain companions. I've got a couple that I feel like, okay they're past the point I'd be willing to remake them. So guess I won't be able to engage in any LI story lines with them and just live with it. Still upsetting but, there it is... :t_frown:

One of the ideas I like in the new thread (haven't been keeping up on this as much since the announcement:t_redface:) is of having two romance options for the characters. I agree that some of the romance possible companions just aren't the right ones for everyone. So that just seems like the right move to me...:t_cool:

Can someone just give me a clear answer is there same gender relationships or not? I heard that smugglers can have a same gender relationship is this true?

The framework is already in place, but it hasn't been fully fleshed out yet. This is most noticeable in this clip...

About 0:36 into the clip.

Edited by Captain_Zone

The framework is already in place, but it hasn't been fully fleshed out yet. This is most noticeable in this clip...

About 0:36 into the clip.

That's not the only place you'll find such things in the game either. However, it's quite unfair to say it's "framework" already in place. Just keep the context of where this is taking place in mind - some people would say that Vette's reaction to the F!SW asking for clarification is quite telling ("Shut up, please? Crazy Sith channel turn to mute?" plus affection loss). Yes, that reaction could be due to Tivva being her sister, and that's the way I read it - but that's not the only way it could be read.

Just in case people are wondering about why I jump on these things so negatively, it's because I hate to see people get their hopes up, only to have them crushed when the NPC they (and their characters) have set their hearts on turn out to only be OGLI. (*cough*AshleyWilliams*cough*)