Epic Augments from slicing HOW??????

Allmightyprom

So, ive dont 109 "abundant" augment missions with slicing, and havnt gotten a single epic/purple augment from them. The only time ive ever gotten 1 was from a 340 slicing mission that i found.

Is this a bug with the skill or is it intended that you have a 1/1000 chance of getting one?

To be more specific, for most, if not all, augment missions, critting improves the quality of the augment by one level. So, if you're running rich augment missions that normally return a prototype augment, critting one of them will return an artifact augment instead of a prototype quality augment.

The missions you unlock with the mission items will normally return an artifact quality augment. So you can run those missions, or you can crit rich missions. I don't think you'll ever get an artifact augment from an abundant mission, but I haven't spent enough time doing augment missions to be certain of this.

There are two ways to improve your chance to crit. First is by using a companion with a +Slicing crit crafting modifier. T7 is one companion that has that. Second is by increasing the affection of the companion.

To be more specific, for most, if not all, augment missions, critting improves the quality of the augment by one level. So, if you're running rich augment missions that normally return a prototype augment, critting one of them will return an artifact augment instead of a prototype quality augment.

The missions you unlock with the mission items will normally return an artifact quality augment. So you can run those missions, or you can crit rich missions. I don't think you'll ever get an artifact augment from an abundant mission, but I haven't spent enough time doing augment missions to be certain of this.

There are two ways to improve your chance to crit. First is by using a companion with a +Slicing crit crafting modifier. T7 is one companion that has that. Second is by increasing the affection of the companion.

All of my companions are at 10k affection, and i am a sage so none of them are gonna have +slicing crit.

So are you telling me there is no way of getting an epic augment from normal non "learned" crafting missions? All ive ever gotten are greens and blues.

Did another session of augment missions today and it brings the total up to 118 without an epic one.

Yes, that's what they're saying. The only way to get purple lvl 49 augments are from lvl 340 mission discoveries.

You can only get purple augments from critting a mission that usually returns blue augments

only rich missions (maybe bountiful?) return blue augments. There are no lvl 49 rich augment missions.

So, no way to get lvl 49 purple augments other than the mission discoveries. You *can* get lower level purple augments from the lower grade rich augment missions, but they won't (obviously) be lvl 49.

Yes, that's what they're saying. The only way to get purple lvl 49 augments are from lvl 340 mission discoveries.

You can only get purple augments from critting a mission that usually returns blue augments

only rich missions (maybe bountiful?) return blue augments. There are no lvl 49 rich augment missions.

So, no way to get lvl 49 purple augments other than the mission discoveries. You *can* get lower level purple augments from the lower grade rich augment missions, but they won't (obviously) be lvl 49.

Only rich yield missions will get the purple augments if your companion crits. Having a crit companion simply increases the chance a bit more. At least your using your 10K affection companion, thats good. For example if you want to get mission discoveries/shemantics with slicing you'll need to run the rich yield lockboxes which are only 2 of in the grade 5 lvl.

Doing anything but rich yield, when youre aiming for mission discoveries, shemantics or augments is a waste of time on sending your companions.

Unless you don't mind getting some green augments as well, because ultimately it's only a difference of about +6 in a secondary or main stat.

A bigger problem at the moment is actually having gear to put in the augments.

My trooper's cargo hold is filled to the brim with augments and shemantics.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee

So, ive dont 109 "abundant" augment missions with slicing, and havnt gotten a single epic/purple augment from them. The only time ive ever gotten 1 was from a 340 slicing mission that i found.

Is this a bug with the skill or is it intended that you have a 1/1000 chance of getting one?

109 missions and you still didnt figure it out?

You need to crit the "Rich" missions, or use the one-time missions.

So are you telling me there is no way of getting an epic augment from normal non "learned" crafting missions? All ive ever gotten are greens and blues.

As others have pointed out, that's not what I'm saying. You said you run abundant missions, and I said you can't get them from abundant missions, you'll need to run rich missions and crit or run the missions started with an item. Also as pointed out, this all changes in 1.2, which is probably 2-4 weeks away.

yeah, in all honesty few players will actually be buying augments for any steep price with craftable augs coming in what seems would be a month. wonder if we can crit craft them somehow.....obviously not another aug slot in an aug right? maybe just a slight boost to the stat, or maybe a secondary stat on the aug.

yeah, in all honesty few players will actually be buying augments for any steep price with craftable augs coming in what seems would be a month. wonder if we can crit craft them somehow.....obviously not another aug slot in an aug right? maybe just a slight boost to the stat, or maybe a secondary stat on the aug.

or, more likely, like with most linear crafting (mods in 1.2, grenades, stims/medpacks/adrenals), you get an extra one when you crit.

I guess after 1.2, we'll have to rely on discoveries for artifact augment crafting mats?

Hopefully not. It would make them far rarer than any other craftable artifact.

For the initial schematics, most likely, after that we can of course RE them for upgrades. And you can RE existing ones to learn the schematic.

I've already got 100+ green ones in stock waiting for 1.2 :)

Edited by Rhaphael

As others have pointed out, that's not what I'm saying. You said you run abundant missions, and I said you can't get them from abundant missions, you'll need to run rich missions and crit or run the missions started with an item. Also as pointed out, this all changes in 1.2, which is probably 2-4 weeks away.

i just got a slicing 340 discovery from abundant level 6 lockbox.

The claim that you only get them from Rich or the mission discovery missions....That's false.

I have had on multiple occasions a purple come back from critting an Abundant mission.

Not a Tier 6 (lvl 49) one you haven't. Which is what the people here are talking about.

Not a Tier 6 (lvl 49) one you haven't. Which is what the people here are talking about.

Actually yes I have.

I have not gotten more than 4-5 level 340 slicing missions, and yet I have over a dozen lvl 49 advanced augments.

So please, don't try to tell me what I have/haven't gotten.

Actually yes I have.

I have not gotten more than 4-5 level 340 slicing missions, and yet I have over a dozen lvl 49 advanced augments.

So please, don't try to tell me what I have/haven't gotten.

It's quite possible actually I have gotten some that way as well, it's just more likely to happen with rich yield grade 5 ones in my experience. Ironicly speaking I have gotten slicing 300 - 340 missions from slicing itself as well.

Using T7-01 with maxed out affection makes it even more likely, I still notice getting way more when going on the rich yoield grade 5 ones. Just wish there were rich grade 6 ones as well every now and then even if there was only 1, but oh well.

And this is actually done my trooper, I'm still lvling my slicing on my jk that has it as well.

Ive dropped and switched gathering/crafting skills for the sake of the bonuses and might in the future do it again.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee