Any Sage Healers gonna stick it out?

SnakeAes

Despite the coming changes of 1.2 being much worse than I'd prefer, healing is just what I do. I've mained a healer in pretty much every MMO I've ever played and don't intend to stop any time soon just because BioWare dealt me a different hand to play with.

Do I like the changes? No. In fact, I think they're awful. But after all of the dust settled for me and I got to thinking about the changes and how I could try to get around them, at that point I realized that I'd already committed to adapting to the changes (since I was already trying to figure out how to make the class work despite the changes).

I enjoy PvP enough, and I enjoy the game enough, that I'm willing to roll with the punches and keep healing. Especially when you consider that a lot of people may be re-rolling soon, it's possible that Warzones may have a shortage of healers (of all varieties since healing was made harder across the board).

Wake up, Seers. We're not in Kansas anymore. Being a Sage Healer is no longer going to be formulaic, and is actually going to start requiring some good judgment and quick thinking.

In light of the Sage changes being awful, it almost pains me to say that I'm actually looking forward to 1.2.

Edited by SnakeAes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sticking it out. Yes the nerfs "look" bad at the moment. But until more people actually play under the new patch we don't know for sure. Alot of new gear is coming out. On top of that we should be able to add another 8 augment slots to our gear. The points from this should go a long way to helping our throughput. Maybe some game mechanics are changing as well. It's certainly not the end of healing, because people are completing content on the test server.

I'm not quite sure how are builds will change, if at all. I think AOE healing will definitely be more prominent and we'll need to be standing in it to make up for the changes in noble sacrifice. Has anyone run the numbers to see if Benevolence is worth casting now? We'll need to find ways to be as efficient as possible with our healing. I'm looking forward to the new changes.

Sticking it out. If it becomes a problem, I'll reroll. Not a big deal to me.

Same here.

It's my main. He's fully geared in all rakata gear and clearing all nightmare content. I'm a full time ops healer so for the team, I feel like I have to stick it out and see what happens and how things change.

From what I see in PVE, it will be a difficult change and even worse in PVP. IF the class swings to far and gets put in the not so fun to play department, I'll just play something else in the end but for now I feel forced to look into it more see what can be done with the class after the nerf.

Maybe there needs to be a shortage of healers and those complaints on the forums before BW can see the error of their ways.

I don't know if I just suck, but I can't see how I'm going to heal some bosses with the changes they're implementing. There are times where I absolutely need the burst healing to keep the tank up and it will frankly be impossible with the changes. I guess we'll need to carry more hybrid healers into OPs I guess... I dunno.

Don't even get me started on PvP... at valour 59 currently I have almost exclusively leveled in full seerer. Our aoe healing will still be great, but the nerf to our single target burst healing is really frustrating. Given how much I am usually harassed in a WZ, I may not see much of a drop in my healing numbers... but I presume there will be a lot more people dying that I normally would have saved.

Thankfully I have a sentinel that's nearly 50 that will be a bit more fun to play once healing becomes way too frustrating.

Hey OP:

Think of it this way; if all the whiner sages reroll because of a nerf or two, you will be a prized commodity as you will be the only sage healer queuing for warzones.

You'll probably get focus to death, but your play with most likely determine the outcome of a warzone more often than not.

All 3 of my guild's sage healers are toughing it out. In most cases, "reroll" just isn't a viable option since people have RL/Work. By the time they'd get another healer to 50 from scratch the patch would be well under way and most if not all the tier 2 content cleared. Edited by Khadroth

All 3 of my guild's sage healers are toughing it out. In most cases, "reroll" just isn't a viable option since people have RL/Work. By the time they'd get another healer to 50 from scratch the patch would be well under way and most if not all the tier 2 content cleared.

Just an observation but this game is only 3 months old... how "invested" can one be having only played 3 months? Unless you took three months off work to play... just saying...

Just an observation but this game is only 3 months old... how "invested" can one be having only played 3 months? Unless you took three months off work to play... just saying...

It's not really about Investment. I didn't say anything about how geared their characters were or how attached they were to them did I?

It's simply about wanting to be there to experience the new content and not being a drag on the guild. It took most people more than a month to hit 50 and then time to gear up for ops. At best there's 2-3 weeks until 1.2. Some people might reroll, but I'm just saying most people are realistic and won't unless they already have decently high alt. Would my guild power run them through tier 1 content to get them geared? Probably, because we look after each other like that, but at the same time we also wouldn't expect anyone to.

The changes just aren't THAT class-breaking at this point. It's more just about learning to cope.

Edited by Khadroth

I had already dropped my sage before the changes were announced.

When you start playing premade vs premade in full gear, you see just how useless sages are.

Me and my guild were finding it literally impossible to keep me alive for more than 5 seconds against a competent team. Our lack of defensive cooldowns is our BIGGEST weakness and our downfall.

The nerfs to our actual healing mechanics are just lol worthy, but it doesn't really matter, because even if we had 1 second heals that crit for 10k, we'd still get stomped instantly by teams that know how to focus fire with the right classes (aka melee).

I have re-rolled to a sentinel, because I feel that healing is gimped across the board in this game. As anticipated, I am dominating every single wz that I play in, quite often killing people 3v1, and making every healer's life a living hell.

I'll return to my sage in 6 months, after the forums are flooded with complaints about sentinel/shadows, and the devs buff healing back to some form of usefulness.

For me, this comes on top of low pops on my servers, difficulties getting groups together for stuff - especially below 50, various bugs that have been around for ever (not least focus targeting bugs), lack of imagination in most encounter design, repetitious missions and even class missions etc etc...

I get that there will be work-arounds and that the Sage will still be able to heal stuff. But I like the flexibility and utility of both my Sage and my Sorc - and I really think that a lot of that will be lost with these changes. I don't just want to heal stuff.. I want to have fun and enjoy playing my character. And on top of all the above... I don't see it as being likely.

We'll see I guess. I was really hoping for 1.2 to improve my enjoyment of the game... I just can't see that as being the result. I cancelled my sub, which runs out in 3 months.

X

Meh, I didn't have resplendence to begin with being a seer/TK hybrid. I'm glad they nerfed PoM because it doesn't nerf me, but decreases the pressure to nerf hybrid specs further.

I'm more than a little annoyed at the conveyance changes though. We're going to be pretty sub-par in PvP now.

Really the changes aren't bad. Infact they just change the way we will. No burst healing, but we can pretty much spam Convey/Delever and not worry about force as much when casting it.

Good luck getting a 2.5 second heal off in PvP.

Every once in a while, I cast a 2.5 second deliverance by accident (forgot to refresh rejuv), and it feels like an eternity waiting for the cast to finish.

That's gonna be a lot of risk for a heal that lands for 3200, on a target with 18k health.

31/10/0

I'll stick it out- just for the challenge of trying to figure out how to heal with the new changes in place. Before I was able to land a little dps on the side, but it doesn't look like I'll have the force to do that anymore. I'll probably just use my AoE heal more often, and use it to heal myself after using noble sacrifice.

I'll stick it out at least to try out the changes from 1.2. However, if the changes are as bad as they seem, I won't re-roll another toon, I'll cancel my subscription and move on.

I love Star Wars and I wanted to love this game, but it seems that Bioware just doesn't have a grasp on the MMO genre, nor are they listening to their player base... The guild summit was just a PR event not a "we want to hear from our players" event.

I'll probably just use my AoE heal more often, and use it to heal myself after using noble sacrifice.

Good luck with that. Yes, standing in your own AoE will take care of the Noble Sacrifice health loss.... but it will still be massively force draining. Trying to find a reasonably low force cost rotation including lots of AoE will be a great challenge, I fear.

Also... most of the time, you need to drop the AoE heal on the melee group - so you're going to need to stand a lot closer to the action than you'd maybe want to in many situations.

As I said in my earlier post though... I'm not really looking to find ways to cope. I'm looking to have fun. It seems to me that they're killing the flexibility, variety and fun in my game-play... and I play to have fun, not to manage to get by.

X

Edited by XtremJedi

I'm sticking it out. I play the class becuase I enjoy the lore, not due to its position on a totem pole.

That being said, I really think we should just wait and see how things are on live after 1.2 before worrying too much. Stats will be greater on the new gear - boss mechanics may be different in the new raids. We don't really know yet how affected we will be on the live servers.

Yes, the notes seem ominous.. but until I see it on live, and I find it to be miserable, I am going to wait and see what happens.

Hey OP:

Think of it this way; if all the whiner sages reroll because of a nerf or two, you will be a prized commodity as you will be the only sage healer queuing for warzones.

You'll probably get focus to death, but your play with most likely determine the outcome of a warzone more often than not.

You will be focused and stomped in seconds unless you have support from another healer and a guard bubble. I dare you to try and cast that uber 2.5 sec auto crit heal. It will be interrupted. The alternative: learn to cast juke the pain train and stack a ton of alacrity.

I'll be putting my seer on hold. I'll go work on an alt/new main until I see some hard numbers.

Edited by EbbnFlow