People teleporting in Warzones

Haldern

If you can't stun/cc someone, it's probably because they have a full resolve bar. Look it up. Multiple chained attempts are dumb, you'll see why.

All match! And can they also get focus-fired by 4-5 at the same time and lose a sliver of their health, if that?

Listen, even those that are really good at PvP that often top the charts (like myself) have times where we get in over our heads in PvP, however those that are hacking seem to be able to get out of almost any predicament by either losing little to zero health or by warping/teleporting away. The difference being that when I get in trouble I don't lose just a sliver of health or vanish and appear far out of harm's way.

Like I eluded to earlier, if the players I'm reporting aren't hacking, then why is it they are never to be seen again. You think BioWare is simply "trusting my judgement". C'mon, don't be so naive.

Edited by Calindra

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, when all else fails, just call the other person a troll!

There are cheaters/hackers in this game, I won't deny that. You find cheaters in any game. HOWEVER, it should be understood that what MOST players consider "hack/exploit/cheat" is really just BioWare's very very buggy game.

Well, it was obvious that your previous comment was trolling, was it not?

This is lag - but the person who is teleporting is the one lagging.

Games who implement other people lagging in this way have always pissed me off. (Starcraft is one example, you know *that guy* who'd always pop up the disconnect countdown window for 1-2 seconds every 15 seconds or so)

THEY should be the ones who get dropped frames and degraded performance and people teleporting, not the people who have good connections.

Interestingly, Bioware even has something in the 1.2 patch notes about this, saying that they're implementing "smoother movement" for people who are lagging, implying that there will be less teleporting. I hope they deliver on that promise.

Edited by EternalFinality

Well, it was obvious that your previous comment was trolling, was it not?

No, I took an example from my experience that mirrored yours. In yours, you assume that the person was hacking. In mine, I explained to you that it is possible that they are NOT. Whether you want to believe it, thats up to you.

The point remains, most of what most players classify as "hack" is not a cheat/exploit/hack in any way. Just the game's engine.

No, I took an example from my experience that mirrored yours. In yours, you assume that the person was hacking. In mine, I explained to you that it is possible that they are NOT. Whether you want to believe it, thats up to you.

The point remains, most of what most players classify as "hack" is not a cheat/exploit/hack in any way. Just the game's engine.

Yes, but the difference is that my experience is real and you clearly made up your experience to be a complete opposite of mine to try a prove your point so don't give me this "experience that mirrored yours" nonsense.

I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born "last night".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, not everyone is hacking but there is quite a bit of it going on atm. Whether you want to believe it, that's up to you. :)

Edited by Calindra

Yes, but the difference is that my experience is real and you clearly made up your experience to be a complete opposite of mine to try a prove your point so don't give me this BS that you "experienced that mirrored yours" nonsense.

I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born "last night".

[/color]

Why would I make something up? I am a rank 81 PvPer on my server...I have probably played more Warzones than you.

"HE DOESNT AGREE WITH ME! HE MUST BE LYING."

sounds curiously like

"HE KILLED ME! HE MUST BE HACKING."

Can't tell if trolling...

It's not a hack. The client server code for this game has poor synchronicity.

Speed hacks are VERY EASY to spot. Even though there may be sync issues, speed hacks have a VERY noticeable and predictable 'surge' effect that the character makes as the server tries to sync them with your client.

When a player has continual small surges at the exact same rate, it's a hacker...and it happens a lot more than you may think.

Boosting the speed hack setting higher than a 25% increase, can make players look like they've "teleported".

Don't try to blame the game. Failing to DETECT hackers is on Bioware, but their 'sync' makes these guys much easier to spot.

Why would I make something up? I am a rank 81 PvPer on my server...I have probably played more Warzones than you.

"HE DOESNT AGREE WITH ME! HE MUST BE LYING."

sounds curiously like

"HE KILLED ME! HE MUST BE HACKING."

It's not that you don't agree with me, I just think it a bit ironic that you happen to have specific events, exactly mirroring mine that help to defend your point. Coincidence, I think not!

Btw, as for your last comment, I'd be happy to post links to screenshots of my PvP matches if you will!

Just because someone is complaining about some of the cheating going on, doesn't mean that person isn't good when it comes to PvP.

I know I'm good at PvP and have the screeshots to prove it! How about you?

Edited by Calindra

This troubles me as this can give the advantage to someone with unstable Internet. It's a complete pain in the backside to stun someone on top of a flame vent and then realize they have lagged and are actually on the other side. Or to run up next to someone and start hitting them as melee, only to have them lag with you getting "You are not in range messages" (when you clearly are in range on your screen) and to re-appear a small distance in front.

If someone experiences a lag spike they should remain stationary and not ideally not vibrate either. Other MMOs seem to manage to get the client-server right so that being laggy isn't an advantage, why can't SW:TOR?

Its not about the persons internet being stable/unstable, unstable internet would in fact drop your ms so much so that you wouldn't be able to move at all.

hate to tell you folks this but its not a speed hack in fact after some minor testing on my end its the game servers. Happens in our raids as well we see people fall off edges on occasion when in fact they are not even near it.

They simply seem to be having a hard time with all the information atm its genuinely server lagging not player lag. personally run between 120ms - 200ms should not be experiencing any of this it also happens to guildys who run 50ms-80ms....

hate to tell you folks this but its not a speed hack in fact after some minor testing on my end its the game servers. Happens in our raids as well we see people fall off edges on occasion when in fact they are not even near it.

No. You're talking the difference of a character, not teleporting across the map. The falling victims who didn't really fall, are in fact NEAR the edge. I've NEVER EVER seen it happen when the toon wasn't standing on/near a ledge - and the server corrects my client FAST, not so slowly that the character appears to be 'teleporting'.

• 1 month later...

I can see people exploiting Teleport cheating but that dosent mean evryone is doing it.

It has happened too me quite alot, i jump down in persuite of another player and the game freaks out and im back on the ledge again sometimes stuck other times im trying to leap for someone i almoast get to the spot where im suposed to land and i get tpd back & man that is the most irritating thing in the world you get stuck or fall through ground or the wierd from 32ms to like 9999 in certain places and the game freaks out or i crash from my own standpoint that is not beneficial atall you end up trying to get away & get insta teleported back and die.

I can say though that i've seen some funky stuff like people on enemy team playing voidstar being outside of starting zone Planting the bomb 50 secounds before the forcefields drop or even that the enemy captured the core when the game has not even started so i guess people use it.

The hush hush is proberbly so people wont go on crusades against people who hasent done it on purpose etc ruining them in the community for all time, i've played plenty a game when you are better then people they start calling you cheater it gets flaunted by someone who rages and suddenly people start apeing that person you get hassle with the providers of that game and they find out you are not cheating a few games later some new guy comes jumping out of the shadows and start it all over again often after a few times they know youre not cheating and they wont force you to go through the same crap again but then you allready have a dozen people harassing you for weeks thats not funny atall.

Be carefull what you wish for i guess is the conclusion :)

Also sorry for lack of Punctuation if it makes it hard to read in advance.

Edited by STEllUS-swei