The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ripped out enhancements in BM gear, am i screwed?

dardack

You do realize that this does not screw anyone over... Expertise has a soft cap and pretty much it is useless to stack it past like 10% compared to using high end PVE gear.

Putting expertise on the mods and enhancements of new BM gear and new champion gear will just mean people will be hitting that soft cap a little sooner, but will still be switching it out for better enhancements and mods. Just save champion commendations until 1.2 and Pull out the crit/suge/power stuff from champion gear which u did normally already and put it in so u get that tad of extra expertise.

If you think of how easily the soft cap is hit, even in a new full set of BM gear in 1.2 compared to someone in full old set, you are probably only looking at a 1-2% diff to the actual buff an its not like anyones gonna just get the new pieces of BM gear just so they can wear less and hit the same expertise, because you still have the set bonuses which are tied to how many you wear

Have you seen the new Diminishing Returns graph for Expertise and it's softcap? It's going up, by a lot.

It seems that ALL stats that had DR, will have different DR in 1.2

Edited by FourTwent

Have you seen the new Diminishing Returns graph for Expertise and it's softcap? It's going up, by a lot.

It seems that ALL stats that had DR, will have different DR in 1.2

Yea someone already linked it to me and I replied thanking them for pointing it out. I also asked questions based on the newly acquired knowledge for me.

See here

Holy %#$% thats a big change to DR. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

So really then sacfricing by keeping the accuracy and lose the crit/surge we normally have in our enhancements will be better or no? Will the % gain from all that expertise still outweigh the power/crit/surge u get from swapping to PVE enhancements?

its looking like You may just have to make expertise your primary stat, may even have to go for using these "expertise" color crystals I see listed too.....

Edited by NistoCabuki

Nah, its on the enhancement.

In my book, we'd all be better off to do little or nothing until 1.2 comes out.

I'm not even buying my tier 2 scooter license for my chars.

Sad thing is, less play ... and I don't even miss it.

:(

It will be on the enhancements and mods as well. come patch 1.2.

It is their way of making PvP gear more useless for PvE.

Actually, on the PTR, only the expertise DR has changed.

yea but noone answered the question IS this going to actually make replacing the accuracy enhancements with better PVE ones, the incorrect path? I mean with the graph it looks like the value of expertise was exponentially increased for pvp

Nah, its on the enhancement.

In my book, we'd all be better off to do little or nothing until 1.2 comes out.

I'm not even buying my tier 2 scooter license for my chars.

Sad thing is, less play ... and I don't even miss it.

:(

Thats the big problem with 1.2.

Virtually nothing that you did up until now, and nothing that you do until 1.2 comes out, OTHER THAN LEVELING ALTS will have any impact on your account/progression/fun when the patch finally lands.

They more or less announced that everyone should just take a month off and come back when they reset the gear levels and put everyone back at the level of the challenged people that play the game.

Bioware is wiping the slate clean everyone's gear is worthless after 1.2 and everyone has to start from scratch. I hope grinding for Battlemaster was worth it.

Why would you hold that against someone?

I forget where but I read that any enhancements pulled out of an item would get their respective upgrade. Though you may not see where it came from on the surface the game knows under the hood.

Link please? Cuase i linked the other thing from dev tracker stating that end game gear will not have the new armoring to remove which to me is an indication that the BM gear in 1.2 could be different then the current BM gear.

Bioware is wiping the slate clean everyone's gear is worthless after 1.2 and everyone has to start from scratch. I hope grinding for Battlemaster was worth it.

Totally worth it. Getting battlemaster was simply a byproduct of the fun from pvping.

Zoeller said if you put them back they'll upgrade fine.

That's great but what if I get them mixed up? I saved all the old accuracy mods I ripped out of my BM gear. I have 4 of them total I believe. I have no clue which accuracy mods were pulled from which pieces. They all are identical in stats and there is no way to identify which mod came from which piece. Placing the original mod back into the piece of BM gear that it came from is not likely when I have 4 of the exact same battlemaster accuracy mod in my bank.

Someone from Bioware really needs to confirm this, I know it isn't going to be that difficult to grind the BM gear again, but this whole thing is a giant fiasco and needs some clarification from a Dev.

Edited by Bort

Subscribing to this one. Fresh valor 60 guy with full champ gear with all enhancements turn out and 2 BM items with enhancements torn out as well. Wondering if I should be still grinding for more pieces, putting as many enhancements back as I can, or just shelf my toon. Or grind for 70, hmm Edited by Frankee

That's great but what if I get them mixed up? I saved all the old accuracy mods I ripped out of my BM gear. I have 4 of them total I believe. I have no clue which accuracy mods were pulled from which pieces. They all are identical in stats and there is no way to identify which mod came from which piece. Placing the original mod back into the piece of BM gear that it came from is not likely when I have 4 of the exact same battlemaster accuracy mod in my bank.

Someone from Bioware really needs to confirm this, I know it isn't going to be that difficult to grind the BM gear again, but this whole thing is a giant fiasco and needs some clarification from a Dev.

Just to help out, here is what you can do:

Go to the vendor for your PVP pieces

Check the stats on the enhancements on that vendor

Find the ones that correspond in your backpack

Reslot them till your BM gear returns to its natural state

You should then get your BM gear converted fully

Just to help out, here is what you can do:

Go to the vendor for your PVP pieces

Check the stats on the enhancements on that vendor

Find the ones that correspond in your backpack

Reslot them till your BM gear returns to its natural state

You should then get your BM gear converted fully

Thanks for the advice, but the problem is that the mods are completely identical. For example, the accuracy mod that I removed from the pants is the exact same as the accuracy mod I removed from the chest piece. There is no way to distinguish the mod that came from the pants from the mod that came from the chest piece. Returning the gear to it's initial state is a total crap shoot and odds are the mods will get mixed up.

Thanks for the advice, but the problem is that the mods are completely identical. For example, the accuracy mod that I removed from the pants is the exact same as the accuracy mod I removed from the chest piece. There is no way to distinguish the mod that came from the pants from the mod that came from the chest piece. Returning the gear to it's initial state is a total crap shoot and odds are the mods will get mixed up.

I doubt the enhancements are currently tagged specifically to certain pieces.