Cross-Factional GTN

Joonbeams

I have crafted a lot of items that are cross-factional. Recently I've been putting them up for sale on the Fleet GTN, but read somewhere today that the Fleet GTN is only INTRA-factional. Looking back, it appears that these are the items that aren't selling. Is this correct? And if so, is there a guide (I'm sure there is) that shows which GTNs are inter-factional? I really hope I don't have to travel all over the place just to sell my crafted items to the other side (since I can't mail them to my inter-factional Alts to sell).

Sorry if this has been asked.

So is it correct that the fleet GTN is only intra-factional? And is Nar Shadda the only cross-factional GTN? Thanks.

Correct. If you think about it from a story line point of view.. how would the republic get items to the imperial fleet & vice versa without being shot down? Where as Nar Shadda is a faction contested zone. :o

Edited by SpyderBite

Correct. If you think about it from a story line point of view.. how would the republic get items to the imperial fleet & vice versa without being shot down? Where as Nar Shadda is a faction contested zone. :o

From a lore perspective this makes sense. It would also make sense to cross-factionally in a cold war, perhaps with tariffs and what not. For example, during the USSR cold war there was still trade b/e US and USSR (and China, etc.). Anyway, I can see arguments for both ways. But this information is helpful. I was wondering why my x-faction orange crafted items weren't selling. Looks like I will be making many trips to Nar Shadda. Thanks.

No. The hutt cartel network is completely seperate. The issue is there is not many items on it because of that. Imo a hutt cartel system should be purchasable for your ship at legacy level 10 so that it is used more.

So what does a sith synthweaver do with a jedi robe schematic? Eat it?

Craft them (especially after patch 1.2 so you could crit on them and get Augment slots), travel to Nar Shaddaa (or use your own neutral GTN on your ship unlocked at lvl25 Legacy) and sell them for lots of credits to the Jedi ;)

No. The hutt cartel network is completely seperate. The issue is there is not many items on it because of that. Imo a hutt cartel system should be purchasable for your ship at legacy level 10 so that it is used more.

patch 1.2

Neutral Hutt controlled GTN at legacy level 25 + 5,000,000 credits

Edited by Quiet

If you have a character on the opposite faction (same server) you can also sell the items to yourself then post them on the appropriate faction GTN for max profit. It can be a little nerve wracking as you list and jump from one character to the other, but IME the Hutt GTN is so underused it is unlikely that your goods will be bought out from under you -- but just be aware it CAN happen, so you may want to price accordingly.

patch 1.2

Neutral Hutt controlled GTN at legacy level 25 + 5,000,000 credits

I'm giving BioWare the benefit of the doubt in that they meant Legacy lvl25 OR 5mil credits; as there is no way I'm going to pay 5mil for something like that. Especially when there is talk of being able to mail directly between your Republic/Empire characters in 1.2

Edited by Danakar

they said the Legacy lev is 35 and it costs 5 mil creds. Creds aren't a big deal but it'll be a while before I"m lev 35 legacy. since I rerolled on a diff server.

Edited by KrotanaThrall

I'm giving BioWare the benefit of the doubt in that they meant Legacy lvl25 OR 5mil credits; as there is no way I'm going to pay 5mil for something like that. Especially when there is talk of being able to mail directly between your Republic/Empire characters in 1.2

I believe all of the unlocks are "achieve something OR pay a lot of credits".

I just checked the PTR and was able to send a mail from one faction to the other. I was not able to add the other person to my friends list, but I think that's a separate bug.

I just checked the PTR and was able to send a mail from one faction to the other. I was not able to add the other person to my friends list, but I think that's a separate bug.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

A million current cross faction crafters cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

A million current cross faction crafters cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced....

Sending mail cross faction makes even less sense than selling goods cross faction, from a "story" perspective. There are always those who will sell to the highest bidder. But seems there would be fewer who would just give away their bounty to a rival faction.

I believe 1.2 is an EITHER lvl 25 OR 5 mil credits for the ship-based neutral GTN. I'm quite sure I read that somewhere regarding the legacy unlocks. But honestly, if I have 5 million credits laying around, I'm doing quite well already without the x-faction GTN.:)

Sending mail cross faction makes even less sense than selling goods cross faction, from a "story" perspective. There are always those who will sell to the highest bidder. But seems there would be fewer who would just give away their bounty to a rival faction.

Alts on the opposite faction are part of your Legacy, so from that perspective it makes a bit more sense. Think of it as a family split by war.

Craft them (especially after patch 1.2 so you could crit on them and get Augment slots), travel to Nar Shaddaa (or use your own neutral GTN on your ship unlocked at lvl25 Legacy) and sell them for lots of credits to the Jedi ;)

Sounds like a great idea my friend, I agree 100%.

Edited by Elderhound

If you have a character on the opposite faction (same server) you can also sell the items to yourself then post them on the appropriate faction GTN for max profit. It can be a little nerve wracking as you list and jump from one character to the other, but IME the Hutt GTN is so underused it is unlikely that your goods will be bought out from under you -- but just be aware it CAN happen, so you may want to price accordingly.

Or sell it for one credit and have a friend on the "other side" pick it up straight away.

You do have friends right?