PvP "Zombies"

Rotton

I got into PvP in this game about 5 weeks ago. I have been working the PvP angle to feel it out and EARN my equipment. To me PvP witoutt team play is MEANINGLESS , other than perhaps dueling with freinds.

I think these players that are just giving up when the battle doesnt go their way, and just sit or stand inzone and do nothing, should be sanctioned some how.:mad:

I know it really urcks me to no end when I am fighting, dieing...fighting... gang *****...fighting...getting killed ... oh look 2 team members having a ****....Bah!!!

I got into PvP in this game about 5 weeks ago. I have been working the PvP angle to feel it out and EARN my equipment. To me PvP witoutt team play is MEANINGLESS , other than perhaps dueling with freinds.

I think these players that are just giving up when the battle doesnt go their way, and just sit or stand inzone and do nothing, should be sanctioned some how.:mad:

I know it really urcks me to no end when I am fighting, dieing...fighting... gang *****...fighting...getting killed ... oh look 2 team members having a ****....Bah!!!

There's a vote to kick feature coming up in 1.2.

Question for you about the vote to kick. The way I read the patch notes, if the person responds to the kick (kind of like the pop-up for inactive is what I am imagining), it sounds like they won't be kicked. Anyone actually see this in use yet?

And yes, it gets very frustrating when half your team does their own thing, or nothing at all...

Question for you about the vote to kick. The way I read the patch notes, if the person responds to the kick (kind of like the pop-up for inactive is what I am imagining), it sounds like they won't be kicked. Anyone actually see this in use yet?

And yes, it gets very frustrating when half your team does their own thing, or nothing at all...

So far on the test servers I have yet to see it work even once =\ Because of this very reason. They just go and kill a bit then go zone out some more.

So far on the test servers I have yet to see it work even once =\ Because of this very reason. They just go and kill a bit then go zone out some more.

So it is as useless as it sounds? OK, thanks Bioware for the fix to the problem!!!!

So it is as useless as it sounds? OK, thanks Bioware for the fix to the problem!!!!

In all defense, you create a vote kick that cant be abused. Go on, tell me. Because if we just kick people with it, then it'll be easy for people to gang up on players they just dont like.

In all defense, you create a vote kick that cant be abused. Go on, tell me. Because if we just kick people with it, then it'll be easy for people to gang up on players they just dont like.

If you manage to piss off 6 people there's a good chance you deserved it.

It will be abused. In warhammer they would boot people to make room for thier buddies or guildys.

If you manage to piss off 6 people there's a good chance you deserved it.

You dont think a 4 person premade would kick an undergeared fresh 50 so that they aren't "burdened" by them anymore?

The issue with making a system like this viable is t hat people suck. AFKers who want the easy road suck and elitists who you give a tool to let them choose who is good enough suck.

On the plus side you will supposedly get no rewards if you AFK a WZ and do not contribute so I am hoping that will be the biggest incentive for people to actually play.

There is no content patch or Dev solution that can fix people's self entitled attitudes.

Edited by Srqt

First off...sorry that you get stuck with lame players. It sounds pretty crappy and fortunately I've yet to encounter it.

Clueless yes...but standing around doing nothing? No. Not unless they are completely new.

That said...a vote-to-kick feature sounds horribly wrong.

I cannot see this being useful and instead more harmful to teamwork because it can easily be abused.

So I get a pop-up saying "Please vote to kick Darth Giggity" and although I have no reason why the vote is on the table because I haven't been anywhere NEAR Darth Giggity, I click yes because I assume the vote is on the table for a legit reason and not because of some player who got mad that Darth Giggity didn't do enough to save him/her during a fight. Or gets killed by Darth Giggity's Imperial alt and just can't stand seeing him.

I hope they don't add such a feature because as someone who got kicked randomly while playing Left 4 Dead 2 online with no explanation, or getting a popup asking me to kick a player who doesn't deserve to be kicked, it's just not something I am willing to entrust to a crowd with a wide range of maturity levels.

- DH

Edited by Diet-Hutt

First off...sorry that you get stuck with lame players. It sounds pretty crappy and fortunately I've yet to encounter it.

Clueless yes...but standing around doing nothing? No. Not unless they are completely new.

That said...a vote-to-kick feature sounds horribly wrong.

I cannot see this being useful and instead more harmful to teamwork because it can easily be abused.

So I get a pop-up saying "Please vote to kick Darth Giggity" and although I have no reason why the vote is on the table because I haven't been anywhere NEAR Darth Giggity, I click yes because I assume the vote is on the table for a legit reason and not because of some player who got mad that Darth Giggity didn't do enough to save him/her during a fight. Or gets killed by Darth Giggity's Imperial alt and just can't stand seeing him.

I hope they don't add such a feature because as someone who got kicked randomly while playing Left 4 Dead 2 online with no explanation, or getting a popup asking me to kick a player who doesn't deserve to be kicked, it's just not something I am willing to entrust to a crowd with a wide range of maturity levels.

- DH

Good food for thought, I had thought ingame voice would fix some issues, but you cant, ( nor should you) force voice on folks...

I hope the devs look this stuff over, I was angry when I started this thread, listening to you all I see a bit more of this issue and how it affects EVERYONE in PvP... its tough, but the no rewards for no participation sounds on track

BTW thnks for responce, makes a guy feel less alone in his ...Pain Lol

AFAIK it is no a Vote to Kick

It is more of a 'Tag as AFK'

My understanding of it is that if enough people tag someone as AFK, they get a popup asking them to Go and Kill some stuff, and if they don't confirm that they are there, and start participating, THEN they are kicked.

So there is no kicking for being bad, Just kicking for not doing anything.

Create premade pvp group, queue up, problem solved! Amazing no one figures this out.

We have tried, it dosent work out as I only have a few guildies ( or 1 ) on at a time

Yes I know it sucks to be me....but still when you do get a group, it get busted up by warzones after you leave, and it is very hard to regroup them all.....etc.

Edited by Rotton