The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro Powertech counter strategies

olcraft

I have a BM gunnery commando. But neither I nor other fellow BM gunnery commandos could defeat a BM pyro powertech. Personally I believe pyro powertech is OP. Is there any way to kill them one on one as a BM gunnery Commando?

The problem is that the classes that can take out a Pyro (any class that doesn't depend on casting time) usually don't see Pyro as a threat so the classes vulnerable to Pyro are left fending for themselves.

Pyro is probably the biggest case of fake OP I've ever seen. If people hunt them down with the attention they give to the usualy OP classes they'd simply die immediately and never do anything. They're strong against certain classes but very weak versus other classes, and in fact they're so weak that the classes that counter them usually have better things to worry about than Pyros. In fact, the classes that can beat them but didn't is probably worried about another Arsenal Merc raining missiles on them.

I raid mark geared Pyro PTs in pvp.

They deal great damage but really have no response to being focus fired. Their defensive cooldowns and mobility are subpar in big brawls around civil war turrets and voidstar doors.

You know how when a deception assassin appears and people see the voltaic slash animation, everyone immediately notices and blows them up? Do the same thing with Pyros.

Rated WZ's will really expose PT Pyro imo.

Am considering switching to iron fist type build and babysitting the healer(s) as it'll be more of a contribution that ressing every 2 mins after receiving a dual lightsaber enema :)

A thread not crying pyrotech op? Oh snap.

All joking aside. Like people have been saying it's just a really bad matchup for you. But don't worry, if the current changes stay in effect Pyrotechs are going to be laughable compared to what they are now. Which is sad since they're really not THAT strong at the moment.

If the PT knows where his interrupt is, you're pretty boned.

My advice would be to not cast on him until you're ready to burst/he's low. Most of the time, I prioritize healers over Gunnery/Arsenal for killing, but if someone starts spamming tracers on me, I'll run over and mess them up.

Honestly, this is a very bad match-up. Probably one of the most mismatched ones in the game right now.

As long as grapple is available even if a Merc jumps me and gets a few shots in the chance of me losing is about .01%. Without grapple it's dependent on me having *any* cooldown or potion available which normally I do at some point.

:(

There isn't much of a strat you can do other then hopefully get lucky crits and enough hits on him/her before they get to you. Arsenal(gunnery) are poorly designed in this manner since you have to stop to cast your main ability.

Thx guys. It's good to know that i am not the only one who can take out a pyro powertech one on one. I know that they are not invincible. In a mob fight, i can at least take out pyro powertechs with some difficulties. But it seems there is no way to solo them then. I'll just scream and hide whenever i see a BM pyro powertech from now on...

Thx guys. It's good to know that i am not the only one who can take out a pyro powertech one on one. I know that they are not invincible. In a mob fight, i can at least take out pyro powertechs with some difficulties. But it seems there is no way to solo them then. I'll just scream and hide whenever i see a BM pyro powertech from now on...

A pyro does the same thing when a mara/sent leps to him so dont worry.

If the PT knows where his interrupt is, you're pretty boned.

My advice would be to not cast on him until you're ready to burst/he's low. Most of the time, I prioritize healers over Gunnery/Arsenal for killing, but if someone starts spamming tracers on me, I'll run over and mess them up.

actually, this is true.

if im facing a dps merc and he doesnt use tracer missile, ill pretty much label him a non-threat and attack either the next opponent who targets me (especially another melee) or the nearest healer.

its funny how a tank class greatest threat is nearly every single melee class.

The problem is that the classes that can take out a Pyro (any class that doesn't depend on casting time) usually don't see Pyro as a threat so the classes vulnerable to Pyro are left fending for themselves.

Pyro is probably the biggest case of fake OP I've ever seen. If people hunt them down with the attention they give to the usualy OP classes they'd simply die immediately and never do anything. They're strong against certain classes but very weak versus other classes, and in fact they're so weak that the classes that counter them usually have better things to worry about than Pyros. In fact, the classes that can beat them but didn't is probably worried about another Arsenal Merc raining missiles on them.

Haha this is so true coming from a tanksin.. God I hate those grav rounds/tracer missiles. Seem to hit me wherever I am

I raid mark geared Pyro PTs in pvp.

They deal great damage but really have no response to being focus fired. Their defensive cooldowns and mobility are subpar in big brawls around civil war turrets and voidstar doors.

You know how when a deception assassin appears and people see the voltaic slash animation, everyone immediately notices and blows them up? Do the same thing with Pyros.

i would disagree with these observations. i regularly jump head first into a big melee, and i often draw many fans. that doesnt stop me from killing them, especially when i have a healer or two watching my back.

the single, most powerful defensive ability is LoS. id suggest learning it