PvP AP in 1.2 - is anyone else super excited?

Pacifie

You literally get nothing for survivability outside of HO and 20% less damage when stunned.

Hardly justified in the lack of everything else the tree gives.

Hydraulic overrides - 8 seconds of kb/snare/root immunity

Stabilized Armor - 20% less damage when stunned

yeah. those are the two big survivability bosts. And you know the funny thing? Those two measily additions eliminate two significant weaknesses of the class - damage taken while stunned and snares which prevent one from catching up with the target.

If you don't know how to synergize those... minor... lol... boosts to survivability with your heavy armor, energy shield, grapple and stuns, then it's not the tree that is bad.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have anyone noticed one flaw in Bioware class design for AP 1.2?

In 1.2 it seems we will be getting a guaranteed crit railshot every 15 secs. Now correct me if I am wrong but didn't crits bypass armor AND shields/defence? As it stands if we ever were to actually want to go deep AP we would need to waste atleast 1 talent point in puncture...

Am I wrong?

You are correct about going deep AP not needing Puncture, but as a shieldtech and Pyro, you would still pick it up. So I wouldnt really call it a design flaw, unless you want to go as far as saying both trees (AP & Pyro) have talents that really should have been switched, which then I would agree. But I doubt design team will ever acknowledge that.

I know I WILL try out AP when 1.2 comes, because right now AP is the single best spec to 1v1 a marauder due to its "kiteability".

No. No, no, no. AP doesn't have a problem with marauders, they're freaking stupid-easy to eliminate even in melee range. Seriously, pyro is your "ranged powertech" class. Try that instead. AP is survivalist and melee and in the right hands it does its job damn well.

You are correct about going deep AP not needing Puncture, but as a shieldtech and Pyro, you would still pick it up. So I wouldnt really call it a design flaw, unless you want to go as far as saying both trees (AP & Pyro) have talents that really should have been switched, which then I would agree. But I doubt design team will ever acknowledge that.

No. No, no, no. AP doesn't have a problem with marauders, they're freaking stupid-easy to eliminate even in melee range. Seriously, pyro is your "ranged powertech" class. Try that instead. AP is survivalist and melee and in the right hands it does its job damn well.

OK.. ANY class in the "right hands" vs ANY class in the "wrong hands", RIght hand wins, "Right Hands" AP vs "Right Hands" Marauder = Marauder win EASILY.... If you can manage to survive all 6 of the defensive cooldowns of a good marauder IN melee, while having them doing doing the full extent of their dps on you (No running around ppl that are backpeddling DOES NOT count) THEN you can come back and talk... And please bring a video because no one will believe ya...

Umm.......

If a PT purposely stays in Melee range the entire time with a Mara, they should theoretically, always end badly for the PT...regardless of spec.

Unless you are talking pre 50 PvP when a Mara is sub 30 levels and you are 49 then I can see a basis for this argument.

Edited by exphryl

Hydraulic overrides - 8 seconds of kb/snare/root immunity

Stabilized Armor - 20% less damage when stunned

yeah. those are the two big survivability bosts. And you know the funny thing? Those two measily additions eliminate two significant weaknesses of the class - damage taken while stunned and snares which prevent one from catching up with the target.

If you don't know how to synergize those... minor... lol... boosts to survivability with your heavy armor, energy shield, grapple and stuns, then it's not the tree that is bad.

20% less damage stops Ops from fragging you in their opener. That is literally all, and considering that only bad ops open on powertechs, yeah, it's kind of useless. HO is nice, never said it wasn't, but it's still not worth going deep AP for.

pyro change for pvp isnt so bad if you think quell now generates not heat, so if you're using it all the time thats -8 heat every 8secs. Its not so much of a bad thing.

for pve this makes us really good interupters since it wont affect our dps one bit

yeah,thats all pyro powertechs need.further make the gap larger between pyro and ap pve viability

or did i hear wrong when i heard that pyro is noticably better then ap.its why i thought it was wierd when i saw the only changes to ap were pvp changes

yeah,thats all pyro powertechs need.further make the gap larger between pyro and ap pve viability

or did i hear wrong when i heard that pyro is noticably better then ap.its why i thought it was wierd when i saw the only changes to ap were pvp changes

On paper the gap between pyro and AP wasnt that great (or if you were testing it in what situations you could IE solo council fight thingo in EV).

It is however clunky to use with its reliance on FT and on many encounters the RNG burst capability + range worked with the encounters to push pyro ahead (obviously these factors made pyro far more desirable for PvP also)

The difference between them was close enough that the few small changes that have been made (immolate stacking Proto flamethrower and charged gauntlets procs from ticks) combined with the removal of the RNG burst pretty much should make the theoretical DPS even.

Of course the new external combat logging should prove exactly the case and i still foresee pyro being the preferred spec for the ease of use but I'm sure many will be at least trying it come 1.2.

I know I will because I rolled a powertech purely because of how cool AP's attacks looked :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.