PTS Smuggler Scoundrel nerf, advices and suggestions for new builds.

AKIHA

Due to changes to the Scoundrel "nerf"... I make this thread for advices and suggestions for new builds for scoundrels with the nerf that we have now.

In this thread ill try to recollect your suggestions and try to refresh it with your posts that contains builds.

Smuggler

General

*Dirty Kick can now be used while moving.

*Players can now "Crouch" (but not roll into cover) while immobilized.

*Smugglers can no longer be pushed out of cover via the "cover integrity" mechanic, which has been removed from the game.

Scoundrel

Due to changes to the Scoundrel skill trees, Scoundrels have had their skill points refunded.

·Back Blast now has a 12-second cooldown and deals approximately 5% more damage.

·Diagnostic Scan's tooltip now displays the full amount healed over its duration.

·Shoot First now has a 7.5-second cooldown.

·Tranquilizer now gives an appropriate error message if used on Droids.

·Upper Hand no longer triggers a "grunt" sound effect when it occurs.

Sawbones

1.-Emergent Emergencies now additionally increases the maximum stack limit of Upper Hand by 1.

2.-Healing Hand now also increases the duration of Upper Hand by 2 seconds per point.

Homegrown Pharmacology now additionally reduces the Energy cost of Kolto Cloud by 2 per point.

3.-Kolto Cloud has been rebalanced. It now has a 15-second cooldown, heals over 6 seconds, and heals for approximately 10% more than before.

4.-Patient Studies now additionally increases the speed at which Diagnostic Scan channels by 15% per point.

Scrapper

1.- Brawler's Grit is now a 2-point skill.

2.- Flanking is a new 1-point skill located in Tier 3 of the skill tree. It reduces the Energy cost of Back Blast by 5.

3.- K.O. no longer experiences a delay in its knockdown effect.

4.- Sawed Off now increases the damage dealt by Back Blast. It is now located in Tier 5 of the skill tree and requires Flanking.

5.- Sucker Punch now costs 10 Energy (down from 15) and deals approximately 10% less damage.

6.- Turn the Tables has been redesigned and is now a 2-point skill. It no longer increases damage dealt to bleeding targets, but increases the Energy gained by Pugnacity and the damage dealt by Sucker Punch and Flying Fists.

7.- Underdog no longer increases Energy gained by Pugnacity. This effect is now part of Turn the Tables.

Dirty Fighting (Scoundrel)

1.-Hemorrhaging Blast no longer has an Energy cost.

2.-Holdout Defense now increases Blaster Whip damage by 4% per point.

3.-No Holds Barred now increases critical chance by 1% per point.

Please, try to post usable stuff if you try a smuggler scrapper on PTS.... maybe this give us ideas when the patch its ready to release.

Maybe for sawbones would be more easier to decide what build would be better now, but DF and Scrappers..... uff

Edited by AKIHA

Reroll shadow/assassin is the only viable new build.

Even if we cry for this Nerf, the things wont change and we have to deal with this changes... As i told you on my first post, we have to find the way to dont let die scrappers.. yeah i think i'm to positive in this but, i love mi scrapper and i dont want to play more with my main u.ú

I make this thread for advices and suggestions for new builds for scoundrels with the nerf that we have now.

Please, try to post usable stuff...

Maybe for sawbones would be more easier to decide what build would be better now, but DF and Scrappers..... uff

Advice: don't jump to conclusions, and don't make decisions based upon a work-in-progress.

People need to open their eyes to see that this game needs a bit of balance,not Scoundrels killing people in 5 secs and think they are "pro",even with the nerf they will hit like hell.

You do realize that this nerf won't do anything about scoundrels dispatching (undergeared) people in 5 seconds right?

The issue of the class is sustained dps, to be more specific, when they can't get behind their target. But even then the dps feels really weak and rotation VERY clunky (when compared to sentinel and assassin).

Yesterday in 16man EV I was the last one to kill my assigned guy even thought there were people with way worse gear than myself - half columni half champion (including one sent in the lvl 40 pvp gear).

So, instead of addressing these issues, the patch is making them even worse.

I also don't really undrestand why on earth do I have more abilities than spaces on action bars and still don't have enough (meaningful) buttons to push in combat.

Edited by tenehuini

Advice: don't jump to conclusions, and don't make decisions based upon a work-in-progress.

I'm not jumping out, i just want to see some advices for the tree of scrappers if people its playing on the test server, it might be helpful for those who play with a scoundrel....

You do realize that this nerf won't do anything about scoundrels dispatching (undergeared) people in 5 seconds right?

The issue of the class is sustained dps, to be more specific, when they can't get behind their target. But even then the dps feels really weak and rotation VERY clunky (when compared to sentinel and assassin).

Yesterday in 16man EV I was the last one to kill my assigned guy even thought there were people with way worse gear than myself - half columni half champion (including one sent in the lvl 40 pvp gear).

So, instead of addressing these issues, the patch is making them even worse.

I also don't really undrestand why on earth do I have more abilities than spaces on action bars and still don't have enough (meaningful) buttons to push in combat.

I was talking PvP wise,and NO, Scoundrels eats people in battlemaster gear,i can show you a video where a Scoundrel kills a Powertech War Hero in 9 seconds.Yes PvE pov of view i feel sorry a BIT for you.

Edited by ALEXANDRU-

I'm not jumping out, i just want to see some advices for the tree of scrappers if people its playing on the test server, it might be helpful for those who play with a scoundrel....

Not really, since there are still loads of changes to come. The current PTS build is not a live candidate.

I was talking PvP wise,and NO, Scoundrels eats people in battlemaster gear,i can show you a video where a Scoundrel kills a Powertech War Hero in 9 seconds.Yes PvE pov of view i feel sorry a BIT for you.

Ok. Show me. Scoundrels can eat only sorcs and barely beat other classes with ALL cds up.

And from my Pov(sniper) i cant kill an Operative/Scoundrel no matter what i'll do.

This video clearly shows how scoundrels/Operatives are not OP, are dependent on crits and extremely situational.

What is your point?

Edited by Quintan

Like we all arent dependent on crits? But i don't see other classes kill so fast a player,right?

Even if I get an operative out of stealth to ruin his combo,i have an really hard time to deal with them.

I've had Bounty Hunters kill me inside 6 GCD more than once. A few procs and crits, plus their relics & adrenals, and they can easily average 3k damage per attack. They can do that against me starting from 30m away. I need to get within 4m of them, behind them and still in stealth to even have a chance of taking them down within 6 GCDs.

Can I take BHs down 1 on 1? Yep. But it sure isn't as quick and easy as you seem to think. I'll be stunned at least once, probably twice. They'll pop their 25% reduction to blunt my burst. Even against somebody just in Champion gear I'm probably looking at 12s+ to take them down typically.

Bursting on somebody with all your CDs available and then hitting a string of big crits is very rare. It probably doesn't even happen once per WZ.

I've had Bounty Hunters kill me inside 6 GCD more than once. A few procs and crits, plus their relics & adrenals, and they can easily average 3k damage per attack. They can do that against me starting from 30m away. I need to get within 4m of them, behind them and still in stealth to even have a chance of taking them down within 6 GCDs.

Can I take BHs down 1 on 1? Yep. But it sure isn't as quick and easy as you seem to think. I'll be stunned at least once, probably twice. They'll pop their 25% reduction to blunt my burst. Even against somebody just in Champion gear I'm probably looking at 12s+ to take them down typically.

Bursting on somebody with all your CDs available and then hitting a string of big crits is very rare. It probably doesn't even happen once per WZ.

LOL yeah BH rockets destroy you in under 5 secs

I don't think the basic scrapper build will change much in the new patch. The required talents for PvE will be just as obvious as they were before the patch. We never leaned on a hybrid build for PvE (or PvP, honestly).

I don't think our play style will be any different in 1.2. We'll maybe get a few more Sucker Punches in before Back Blasting, but that's about it. The overall impact of the nerfs won't be Earth shattering.

The sky is still intact and life will go on. The overall consequence of 1.2 won't be known for some time, especially as we have no real numbers to compare 1.2 logs with. If you like the scrapper play style, then stick with it. These things have a way of balancing out in the long run.

Edited by t_rall

Like we all arent dependent on crits? But i don't see other classes kill so fast a player,right?

Even if I get an operative out of stealth to ruin his combo,i have an really hard time to deal with them.

As sniper u have hard time only coz your main attack is weapon damage and they can dodge it.

And the most burst class is powertech right now - smuggler is nowhere near it.

From what I've gathered:

They are nerfing the instant killing ability. By adding new cooldowns and increasing energy efficiency they seem to facilitate more sustained damage, solving problems with whining from other classes about being instant killed and whining by scrappers that they have no dps after the initial burst.

Ofc this mean whining about our burst being gimped.

The best scoundrel spec to me has to be Sawbones. They are buffing Kolto Cloud and adding the ability to maintain 3 stacks of Upper Hand, wich makes it allot easier to maintain 1 stack up all times to maintain the healing buff in addition to having more emergency heal ability.

1.2 is good for healers, meh for scrappers.

Stole your signature Desu :D

Edited by Ecoape

As sniper u have hard time only coz your main attack is weapon damage and they can dodge it.

And the most burst class is powertech right now - smuggler is nowhere near it.

No,i have tech/poison ability also depends on my spec, dont get me wrong i have Valor rank 67 and all my guildies are War Hero+ and 1 Conqueror and they all said that Scoundrels hits like hell.Our second ball carrier,Sith Juggernaut tank got decimated by an Scoundrel and he said that is unbeliveble that damage he took from it.Main ball carrier Powertech as well he said that they hurt bad.Luckly we are a team and we can deal with them but when i que solo,it's really hard versus some good scoundrels from my realm.

My posts arent ment to say that OP/Scoundrels are overpower just that they are FINE,and they will be even with the nerf,so people should stop crying.

I don't think the basic scrapper build will change much in the new patch. The required talents for PvE will be just as obvious as they were before the patch. We never leaned on a hybrid build for PvE (or PvP, honestly).

I don't think our play style will be any different in 1.2. We'll maybe get a few more Sucker Punches in before Back Blasting, but that's about it. The overall impact of the nerfs won't be Earth shattering.

The sky is still intact and life will go on. The overall consequence of 1.2 won't be known for some time, especially as we have no real numbers to compare 1.2 logs with. If you like the scrapper play style, then stick with it. These things have a way of balancing out in the long run.

Nice to see some sane posts in here. Atleast not everyone here is a double opener pro pvper who seem to make most of the ridiculous posts :p

And from my Pov(sniper) i cant kill an Operative/Scoundrel no matter what i'll do.

So scoundrel got lucky on all crits + flying fist proc :o, and 2nd round pt won even with no crit on railshot that still did about 2k dmg. And PT forgot to use defensive cd's you know the ones that lower ALL dmg by 25% for 12sec.

And lets forget about

single target taunt

aoe taunt

pull

guard

And lets focus abit more on who brings most to a group / ops of the 2.

Edited by wiazabi