Collector's Edition Unboxing woes (Or The Story of the Broken Authenticator)

Fizyx

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Bass,

I have read several others peoples post that have similar issues and they are being told to contact the retailer, but what can the retailer do? This seems to be an issue with how fast the boxes had to be shipped and in-turn makes it a manufacturing problem. Specially with this being the Collector's Edition, are they going to have extra codes laying around?

To be fair there seems to be a lot more CE's than pre-orders. I assume EA saw the prices on ebay and amazon and decided to produce a lot more, probably where the defective statue bases and slapdash packaging has come in.

I also ordered my CE from Amazon. The shipping box and outer packaging were completely intact and mark-free. The issue I had was with the metal case holding the actual game discs. The plastic pieces that held the discs were shattered and the flip-page for discs 1 & 2 fell out. The discs themselves were fine. I contacted Amazon and they couldn't replace it with another CE. I contacted SWTOR's customer service and they told me to take it up with Amazon. I don't want the entire CE replaced, just an empty metal case to hold the discs.

My statue base is damaged but I'm waiting on Game contacting me RE this as it's their problem to resolve it. As for the authenticator

I think BW should open up the option to have 2 authenticators usable on each account - why ? Because then if one breaks you could use a spare or the smartphone app. In the case of the OP she and her BF could use each others that way they both have the others as a spare !

Yah my CE box had torn compartments as if someone just rammed the items in them so quickly and hard that the cardboard storing the items was all torn.

Not very good for such an expensive item.

Edited by Volkira

Ive had a little issue myself with the security key in my CE. I got my CE box on Friday the 16th of Dec. Amazon has always treated me well. Anyway, I also downloaded the iPhone security key app. When I registered my product code I used the iPhone app to setup my security key; dont ask me why, I just grab the closet device with the security key. Well now if I try to use the physical security key that came with the CE it will not work, only the iPhone app.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? Is it a bad device or something totally different?

Ive had a little issue myself with the security key in my CE. I got my CE box on Friday the 16th of Dec. Amazon has always treated me well. Anyway, I also downloaded the iPhone security key app. When I registered my product code I used the iPhone app to setup my security key; dont ask me why, I just grab the closet device with the security key. Well now if I try to use the physical security key that came with the CE it will not work, only the iPhone app.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? Is it a bad device or something totally different?

The way I understand it is that your account can only have 1 authenticator tied to it, at a time. Because you opted for the iPhone, first that is the one tied to your account. The other one is likely ok, just not the correct one for your account, now.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine arrived undamaged as well...just call customer support they will gladly send you a new one.

Haha no they won't. I just got off the phone with Customer Support and they told me to take it back to GameStop. And since I work there, I know for a fact that there's not a damn thing we can do.

So I just said eff it and bought one through Origin. Granted it was only $6.86, I'm still not happy. It's the principle behind it.

I know many people are all anti-World of Warcraft around here and say what you will about it, but at least Blizzard knows how to properly handle an issue when it arises that leaves the customer feeling satisfied.

When my CE arrived from Amazon, it looked like they had been playing football with it. They used an international courier, who then used a local national courier, who used a local city courier.

The national courier lied about trying to deliver it, everyone was home all night but they said the 'office was closed' when they got there.

When it finally arrived the next day, I opened the outer box to find the CE box inside with the nice graphics had been ripped open and everything had been searched through. The cardboard of the packaging was torn right across the middle, and the sticker seals were ripped off, leaving white tear marks on the black finish of the box.

So much for saving the nice 'collector's' packaging. The first thing I did was check the statue, the registration code and the authenticator. Fortunately, everything worked and the statue wasn't damaged, although someone had obviously attached it to the base and then removed it again, scuffing the protective plastic covering. The plastic was left on so there were no marks on it. But I have a major complaint with how the delivery was handled.

It does make me wonder if the security of the authenticator could have been compromised... after all, they also have my name and address.

I've ordered from Amazon a fair bit, I've had one item in the past arrive damaged, and they addressed it immediately... but nothing like this.

Edited by daemian