OK, I doofed it...

MORTTUUM

After picking uop the usual assortment of skills (1 Gather, 1 Craft, 1 Mission), I really hate Crafting. So I dumped the Craft and Mission skills, and went wuith 3 Gathering. Any suggestions as to how to level the new skills fast (without spending big $s on Crew assignment quests to level them up? Or am I stuck having to run through all the lower level areas harvesting?

After picking uop the usual assortment of skills (1 Gather, 1 Craft, 1 Mission), I really hate Crafting. So I dumped the Craft and Mission skills, and went wuith 3 Gathering. Any suggestions as to how to level the new skills fast (without spending big $s on Crew assignment quests to level them up? Or am I stuck having to run through all the lower level areas harvesting?

It'll be a little expensive, but you can send your companions on to get the old materials. It actually only takes a short amount of time to skill up once you have 5 companions.

Dunno what's big money to you, but it should take like 8-10k to level a single gathering skill to 100 through crew missions, or 25-30k to 200 (not sure about exact numbers, these are educated guesses). So you can easily skip the first several worlds even if you're not filthy rich. If you have slicing, you can actually make money doing the missions.

On the other hand, you'll only need to gather about 20-25 nodes on each world to be able to move on to the next, so you'll hardly disrupt low-level players with it, especially if you're careful and avoid pulling mobs as you go.

I rolled a BH with 3 gathering skills over the weekend.

Bioanaysis/slicing/scavenging

And once i pick up the skills on fleet, returned to hutta,then onto DK, i had bio and scav up to 80+ slicing in the 20's.

Bio was very easy on DK farming mine and other's monster kills

scav on hutta was a breeze with lots of droids to farm.

about two hours...

Dunno what's big money to you, but it should take like 8-10k to level a single gathering skill to 100 through crew missions, or 25-30k to 200 (not sure about exact numbers, these are educated guesses). So you can easily skip the first several worlds even if you're not filthy rich. If you have slicing, you can actually make money doing the missions.

On the other hand, you'll only need to gather about 20-25 nodes on each world to be able to move on to the next, so you'll hardly disrupt low-level players with it, especially if you're careful and avoid pulling mobs as you go.

You also gain back some of this money by selling the items. You could even debate that you break even or make money depending on the current economy.

Since you're not levelled yet, consider three mission skills instead of three gathering skills - mission skills are the only ones that have rare materials, except for that oddball slicing. IMO, you stand a better chance turning a profit selling rare mats than common gathering mats.

Since you're not levelled yet, consider three mission skills instead of three gathering skills - mission skills are the only ones that have rare materials, except for that oddball slicing. IMO, you stand a better chance turning a profit selling rare mats than common gathering mats.

Considering the OP states that he hates crafting, I agree with the above.

I'd recommend UT and slicing for sure (even though slicing is gathering). UT because it's used by multiple professions.

Then you'd have to choose between investigation, diplomacy, and treasure hunting. Hard to pick a clear winner there.

I'd probably go with investigation just for the schmatics you find on occasion, but the blue/purple crafting components are only valuable to armstech. Tresure hunting crystals are valuable but only used by artifice. Diplomacy may perhaps be the most valuable due to the biochem required components, but the light/dark thing is annoying.

Edited by Marlaine